834 5 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HKFTW
lvl.1

United States

Disclaimer
I know jack schitt about drones. This is my first ever RC anything

Is it safe to operate the drone with the clear cover on?  It looks like it's meant to be on since it has a removable rubber cover. My concern is what looks like an air intake behind the camera. I tend to think that would block airflow.
2017-2-20
Use props
dnorm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481778 ft
United States

i never fly with the camera bubble cover on...both gimbal guard and camera bubble go back on after every flight though.

i don't know why you would want to fly with it on really...plus the cooling ports you mention need flight induced air flow.

dave
2017-2-20
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

If if ever gets too hot it will kick on an internal fan before overheating. Obviously that is less than ideal as it will suck extra battery, but dont worry about it overheating.
2017-2-20
Use props
armoredsaint
lvl.1
United States

i wouldn't if it's like 80 degrees and over and high humidity, but it gets cold here i assume it would be okay.
2017-2-20
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Is it safe to operate the drone with the clear cover on?

That has been a matter of heated debate (no pun intended) for some time, and you pretty well summarized the arguments: DJI seems to endorse using it during flight, but there are concerns about the reduced airflow to the electronics inside the Mavic. You'll find opinions but no definitive answer, so you should do what you think makes the most sense.
2017-2-20
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-20 19:22
Is it safe to operate the drone with the clear cover on?

That has been a matter of heated debate (no pun intended) for some time, and you pretty well summarized the arguments: DJI seems to endorse using it during flight, but there are concerns about the reduced airflow to the electronics inside the Mavic. You'll find opinions but no definitive answer, so you should do what you think makes the most sense.

Great answer and I agree. Users discretion.
2017-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules