4763 46 2017-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Plus remember to set the RTH function to HOVER!.... just in-case it activates.
2018-5-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-5-15 04:05
Dronist... you must have had some bad experiences.  I have flown indoors dozens of times for clients.  I have flown in classrooms, down hallways, in atriums, theaters, and more.  

Yes, it is scary.  Yes, even air currents can send the drone astray, but if you are practiced with flying ATTI, you don't have a problem.

Mabou3

Good for you dude but did not your daddy  tell you should never assume what other people do or don't?  
2018-5-15
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-5-15 22:04
Mabou3

Good for you dude but did not your daddy  tell you should  never assume what other people do or don't?

heh... HI DRONIST!  My daddy didn't teach me much.    That said, I was just reacting to things you were saying.  

FWIW: I flew indoors on a shoot in NYC yesterday....  everything went really well... until I crashed my drone... lol.  I was in a rush (client pressure) and made a stupid mistake while using course lock.  I got an amazing shot using course lock... then totes forgot I had it turned on.  Walked to a different angle, pushed the stick forward and the drone didn't behave as expected... it flew sideways right into a pillar.  OOPS... heh.  (Feet shuffling, shoulders rounded, head turned meekly downward).  First time I ever crashed in front of a client.  The client went from being "HOW COOL IS THAT!!!" to "OH MY GOD!" in an instant.  lol
2018-5-18
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

One of my real joys with the P4P is its ability to do precise flight maneuvers and that includes indoor flying. I started to fly in narrow forests (tree space about 2m) and proceeded then through open doors entering my house and flying right through several rooms and subsequent exiting at the other end. In the beginning I walked initially in close proximity behind the drone - now I can sit on the verandah and do all using only the live screen. I had seen before a video where someone screwed in a light globe. I have done this in my lounge room with an edison 27 screw type light globe. The obstacle avoidance had to be turned off because the rafters and the ceiling did too much changes to the flight behaviour. With adequate lighting and environmental contrast the P4P is rock stable within less than 5 cm indoors. Tripod mode is excellent indoors provided that no obstacles can interfere with a task (as in the light globe maneuver). The visual and ultrasonic stabilization works stunningly well.  Important is to have set the drone to hover if signal is lost so that it would not raise up and smash into the ceiling. my left key is assigned to narrow sensing.
2018-5-18
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-5-18 11:40
heh... HI DRONIST!  My daddy didn't teach me much.    That said, I was just reacting to things you were saying.  

FWIW: I flew indoors on a shoot in NYC yesterday....  everything went really well... until I crashed my drone... lol.  I was in a rush (client pressure) and made a stupid mistake while using course lock.  I got an amazing shot using course lock... then totes forgot I had it turned on.  Walked to a different angle, pushed the stick forward and the drone didn't behave as expected... it flew sideways right into a pillar.  OOPS... heh.  (Feet shuffling, shoulders rounded, head turned meekly downward).  First time I ever crashed in front of a client.  The client went from being "HOW COOL IS THAT!!!" to "OH MY GOD!" in an instant.  lol

You live and you learn dude,  but reacting to what I said is still ASS U ME if you know what I mean.

Just kidding.

I have been flying all of my puppies for a long time in ATTI and all other modes but It is me I will never fly indoor.

I'll leave it to you to do the indoors!

2018-5-20
Use props
DanbyUrgess
Second Officer
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-2-28 18:03
Anything is possible, even indoor. It all depends on the pilot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8Q0unTriI

Whoa, very impressive work! Lots of practice before attempting this I'm sure!
2018-5-21
Use props
Rick218
lvl.1
United States

The RC club I belong to flies in a local gym all winter. We have a race course for small FPV drones as well as several Mavic and P3 and P4ps flying there along with the fixed wing aircraft.
2018-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules