Phantom 3 4K & DJI Support Problem
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

Hello everyone,

I'm new here and seeking some help from more experienced users, maybe someone has experienced the same issues and might help.

I'm using a P3 4K, bought it in June 2016 and since then i had to send it in to DJI Germany for warranty repairs for 4 times now. Altogether it's been about 2 Months that DJI had the Phantom for repairs, which, I guess, isn't exactly the point of owning a DJI drone. After each repair my Drone was working worse then before the repair. The current issue/error list is:
"Sensor Error. Restart aircraft"
"Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"
"Abnormal compass functions or GPS signal detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI mode."
"Sattelite Positioning Off. Fly with caution"
"Compass Stuck. Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if this persists after restart"

In addition to this the video downlink is not working properly at very close distances and I'm getting a tilted horizon all the time.

The DJI Staff in Germany, which are responsible for my repairs promised a fast and prioritised repair since these errors started popping up right after another DJI repair. Now DJI sees no error in the drone and want to replace the RC. The problem is that they have no spare parts now and I'm waiting for almost a month now to get my drone back. I've asked for a complete replacement since it's the 4th warranty repair and it's really counterproductive for someone like me to use a drone professionally and keep waiting for repairs all the time. My request has been ignored all the time. I've written to the German DJI, the Facebook DJI Support page and, after recommendation from the Facebook DJI Support page to the Support Page in the Netherlands (don't ask me why Netherlands all of the sudden)... Still no reply and still no drone replacement...

Did anyone have issues like that?

Thanks!

2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We feel so sorry to hear about you're experiencing difficulties, we do understand how frustrating it must be.
Will look into the case as soon as possible and try our best to help you.
2017-2-21
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I have had the exact same problem with my P3 4K and it is currently in California for repairs after it crashed. We'll see how that goes. I bought DJI Care so the repair was free. My immediate solution to the problem was to purchase a P3 Pro. Out of the box it was defective and it was repaired successfully and flies like a champ so far. I have flown almost 13000 feet out with full signal and have made dozens of long flights in the same areas I have flown the P3 4K without any issues. I was so concerned with the P3 4K that I used a meter to check for magnetic and radio interference and could find none.  
I think the P3 4K may be a lemon. I got an e-mail stating that it was repaired with a list of what was done. The only thing they fixed was the physical damage. No electronics so I made a phone call to them told them once again to fix what caused the damage. Do they even look at the flight logs as my compass and GPS comletely failed on the last flight of less than 150 feet. There is obviously a problem. Again, we'll see how it goes.

2017-2-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Here is my last flight record from healthydrones .com If you look at the altitude on most of the flight it's below ground..... DJI says it's non warranty.

http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications

2017-2-24
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-2-24 02:53
I have had the exact same problem with my P3 4K and it is currently in California for repairs after it crashed. We'll see how that goes. I bought DJI Care so the repair was free. My immediate solution to the problem was to purchase a P3 Pro. Out of the box it was defective and it was repaired successfully and flies like a champ so far. I have flown almost 13000 feet out with full signal and have made dozens of long flights in the same areas I have flown the P3 4K without any issues. I was so concerned with the P3 4K that I used a meter to check for magnetic and radio interference and could find none.  
I think the P3 4K may be a lemon. I got an e-mail stating that it was repaired with a list of what was done. The only thing they fixed was the physical damage. No electronics so I made a phone call to them told them once again to fix what caused the damage. Do they even look at the flight logs as my compass and GPS comletely failed on the last flight of less than 150 feet. There is obviously a problem. Again, we'll see how it goes.

That's a bummer! I am definitely selling my P3 4K after it's been repaired, it's just a huge pain in the a...
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules