iPad pro
1596 9 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I did due dilligence and searched but found no post or topics, do any of you run and iPad pro yet?  I am think of switching from android to iPad (you know, so I can acctually fly this thing) and was going to go with an iPad mini 4 but saw the pro has a better, brighter screen.  Any thoughts?
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-21
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

the pro has a better, brighter screen

I didn't realize that the Pro's screen is brighter; the last I knew of the Mini 4 had a slight edge there.

Any thoughts?

Two things: the current Pro won't fit in the Mavic's controller, so if you go that route you'll essentially be forced to use some kind of tablet holder 100% of the time. Also, it's rumored that Apple is going to release a new round of tablets next month, including a Pro the size of the Mini 4. If you're willing to wait, it's possible that there will be an even better option available then, and it's also likely that the prices on the current models will drop some time after the new ones are announced.
2017-2-21
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-21 05:48
the pro has a better, brighter screen

I didn't realize that the Pro's screen is brighter; the last I knew of the Mini 4 had a slight edge there.

The screen is brighter according to apple, I have not done research.  Good idea on waiting, who knows what will happen in a month, Android could be working again.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-21
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

For those of you who have access to a 3D printer this works very well with an iPad Pro 9.7".  I used a phantom 4 phone holder.

Here's the link to the file on Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1983127

Very well balanced and as you can see from the pictures it sits on its own without falling over.  The iPad Pro is awesome to use.  I use the DJI Ground Station Pro and the DJI Go 4 app.

The last picture is a using the DJi Ground Station app.  It took 95 pictures and I stiched them together using Adobe Photoshop.  I absolutely love this thing!
Mavic1.jpg
Mavic3.jpg
C1a.JPG
2017-2-21
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Daley Posted at 2017-2-21 06:49
For those of you who have access to a 3D printer this works very well with an iPad Pro 9.7".  I used a phantom 4 phone holder.

Here's the link to the file on Thingiverse

Looks sharp Daley!
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-21
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I just got myself an iPad mini 4 to go with my Mavic. Really chuffed with it; great processing power and really good screen brilliance.
2017-2-21
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-21 07:13
I just got myself an iPad mini 4 to go with my Mavic. Really chuffed with it; great processing power and really good screen brilliance.

Mine comes tomorrow, I can't wait, fed up of trying lesser alternatives such as the FAILING Samsung Galaxy A 7" and the Nvidia.  The Nvidia I now love for my gaming, so that is not a fail in some respects.
2017-2-21
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-2-21 09:10
Mine comes tomorrow, I can't wait, fed up of trying lesser alternatives such as the FAILING Samsung Galaxy A 7" and the Nvidia.  The Nvidia I now love for my gaming, so that is not a fail in some respects.

iPad Mini 4 works a treat and it fits in the controller arms.....just!
2017-2-21
Use props
MavicMule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

I use my iPhone 6, but have used my IPad Pro with no issues.  It fits in controller, and no issues with falling out (so far).  I prefer LOS, but glance down at screen for vitals & direction of camera, so typically use the phone, as well as phone is lighter in weight.  iPad is way brighter though.
2017-2-21
Use props
misterjohn
New

United Kingdom

I have a number of tablets (including iPads)....  Without a shadow of doubt, the iPad Pro 9.7 has a much brighter, sharper screen than any of the others. It's also very fast and very powerful... (I have also read very convincing reviews that speak very well of iPad Mini 4 - which apparently gave a big bump up in specs and performance to the iPad Mini 2 and 3 - which are both roughly on a par). However, the iPad Pro is a big step up, even from the iPad Mini 4).

Good luck!
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules