Video Signal 100% - NOT!!!
728 10 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

I recently installed a DBs Itelite Range Booster and have since noticed something weird about the video signal % that my Litchi app (v1.15.6 under iOS) is reporting. The number always indicate 100% even when I lose my video feed or it starts lagging/freezing. .Any one experience this "problem"???

On a side note. with this new mod I am getting about 5000' before I lose Rc/Video signal (both occur about the same time) . The area I tested is not completely flat/open but for now its the only real large area easily accessible before all the snow melts.

2017-2-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you're looking at the signal strength and not the battery strength of your controller?  

2.4 signal strength is represented by bars.  5 bars is full strength.  And so on.
2017-2-21
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-21 05:53
Are you sure you're looking at the signal strength and not the battery strength of your controller?  

2.4 signal strength is represented by bars.  5 bars is full strength.  And so on.

yup... signal strength. Its odd... When I look at my litchi screen the "control signal" icon fluctuates as expected anywhere from 0-100% but my video signal is always reading 100% even when I completely lose video. At home, I look at the log file and downlink is always 100% while uplink flucuates 0-100%

2017-2-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Something is wrong.  When you lose 2.4, it's normal for the screen to freeze.  Nothing will work in the screen.  No FPV.  No telemetery.  I mean, it will SHOW an image and it will SHOW telemetery, but it's all meaningless because the screen is not updating.  How can it without a 2.4 connection?  Nothing will work EXCEPT the 2.4 strength indicator.  That's the only thing that will work.  And it should show 0% or zero bars or whatever.  When the AC gets closer, it will normally show a weak connection first.  If you're lucky, something might update, but it may be one thing.  Like you might see half an image and that's all, or you might see a distance update and that's all.  As it gets closer still, the 2.4 indicater will show better strength, and then, if you're lucky, everything will start updating.  

What doesn't make sense is you say the 5.8 control signal fluctuates while the 2.4 is down..  How can that be?  There is no way for it to show fluctuation because there's no communication between you and the AC, is there?  Could it be you're confusing the 5.8 with the 2.4?  Maybe it's the 2.4 that's fluctuating and the 5.8 is showing zero (which is meaningless, just like everything else on the screen).  
2017-2-21
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

A picture is worth a 1000 words Should point out that I have no idea what these parameters were before I installed the DB mod. Hence my concern... Did I do something wrong during the install?
unnamed.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Is that an actual screen shot from a waypoints mission?  Or did you take that just now from inside your house... ?
2017-2-21
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Just took it now in my house. Wanted to clarify which icon showed fluctuated values and which was always reading 100% when controller/drone/app were all connected.
2017-2-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Roger that.

I don't know.  It's a puzzle.  

This wasn't a problem before you did the ITELITE mod, right?  I thought maybe you hooked up the wrong cables to the wrong antennas?  Is that possible?  That would cause RF energy to come back into the transmitter which might do weird stuff.  

Otherwise, I have to wonder if the 2.4 signal which is shooting out of the ITELITE antenna is interfering with the mobile device and causing the signal from the controller to the mobile device to become corrupted which might cause it to  lag or freeze.  I am totally guessing.  
2017-2-21
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

You might want to recheck the controllers wiring connections and use some hot glue to seal the connections to prevent signal leakage. IMG_8198.jpg
IMG_8210.jpg
2017-2-21
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Microcyb Posted at 2017-2-21 07:02
You might want to recheck the controllers wiring connections and use some hot glue to seal the connections to prevent signal leakage.[view_image]
[view_image]

Yeah I do have some concerns about my connection. Interesting, looking at your pictures it almost looks like you used hot glue between the controller connector and the cable connector instead of snapping the cable connector in place then covering it with glue. Am I seeing this right???
2017-2-21
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Bourgeois Posted at 2017-2-21 07:23
Yeah I do have some concerns about my connection. Interesting, looking at your pictures it almost looks like you used hot glue between the controller connector and the cable connector instead of snapping the cable connector in place then covering it with glue. Am I seeing this right???

Sorry, those were before pictures not after.
I snapped the new cables in, and then used hot glue to cover them up.
Sealing them is very important and hot glue did the trick.  If you want to get that white gloop stuff, I think it is Dow Corning 738 White Electrical Silicone Sealant.

2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules