1439 8 2015-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hi guys -

So I've flown my inspire enough times and read enough posts to know the bugs users are still expierencing however I want to know if these issues are "normal" given the current firmware status.

Using single operator, iPad Air (version 1) and tried my iPhone 6 today.

1. Almost every time I fly, I lose GPS but instead of blinking yellow (atti mode) it blinks red and says something regarding compass issue? It regains GPS fairly quickly but happens more often than it should.
2. Lately I have been losing signal all together on my screen (no camera view) while mid-air. I still maintain control of the aircraft but it's unsettling when it happens and I look down to see "no signal" when the inspire is less than 100ft away from me.
3. Range has been a joke on the HD signal for me. The furthest out I've pushed it is 1000ft and I begin to freeze my feed with only 1 or 2 bars of HD signal strength. (I'm on Auto channel). This happens on the iPad and the iPhone 6. Where is the almost a mile range with clear HD feed people speak of? I can't go even 1/4th of that without the signal almost dropping.

Bottom line I'm super paranoid about flying my inspire out of a close bubble due to these issues. I never had these issus with the beta app nor with my Phantom.

2015-2-21
Use props
pedi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233215 ft
Switzerland

Hi scooterlam,

Re: HD signal...try setting to manual and choose the cleanest channel...I've found this keeps the feed clean. Though, I've not flown my Inspire so high as you have.

Till not lost GPS signal yet but I've accidently switched my remote off thinking I was hitting the RTH key But the Inspire just RTH and I was able to connect back after realising my mistake.
2015-2-22
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would definitely contact DJI about this. I have not had this experience at all (touch wood!). Yesterday I was flying in very windy conditions and was flying out about 2000 feet at about 150 feet in height with no problems whatsoever.
2015-2-22
Use props
kw9924
lvl.2

Hong Kong

1) compass issue. Try calibrate the compass before your next flight. If the problem persists, it's either strong magnetic interference at where u r flying or something is wrong with the bird.  My experience was... Calibrated at my sitting room and got error message once I place the bird on the balcony.  The warning has gone after I flew away from the balcony so I believe it's the metal frames on my balcony that's interferring with the bird.

2) HD Channel... I had he same problem but was told by Dji online support to switch manually to channel 21-25 and the problem has gone

3)I also notice one thing is keeping the camera on video mode (even when u r not recording) would give a better and steadier video feed

Good luck
2015-2-22
Use props
kw9924
lvl.2

Hong Kong

1) compass issue. Try calibrate the compass before your next flight. If the problem persists, it's either strong magnetic interference at where u r flying or something is wrong with the bird.  My experience was... Calibrated at my sitting room and got error message once I place the bird on the balcony.  The warning has gone after I flew away from the balcony so I believe it's the metal frames on my balcony that's interferring with the bird.

2) HD Channel... I had he same problem but was told by Dji online support to switch manually to channel 21-25 and the problem has gone

3)I also notice one thing is keeping the camera on video mode (even when u r not recording) would give a better and steadier video feed

Good luck
2015-2-22
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Exact same issues as you these are bugs in the Beta inspire 1 what a joke
2015-2-22
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

pedi Posted at 2015-2-22 18:00
Hi scooterlam,

Re: HD signal...try setting to manual and choose the cleanest channel...I've found t ...

When I go to look for a stronger channel they seem to fluctuate from green to red but none show stronger than others. How do you manually choose a channel in this situation that you can be confident in?

My fear is I lose video feed mid-flight the way it's been behaving.
2015-2-22
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

kw9924@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-2-22 22:16
1) compass issue. Try calibrate the compass before your next flight. If the problem persists, it's e ...

I calibrate compass before EVERY flight. And it seems to happen during every flight regardless of where I take off from. From a neighborhood culdesac to a wide open park to the beach, I get the blinking red loss of compass warning error during every flight.

So you're saying just to pick a channel between 21-23?

I'm always in video mode
2015-2-22
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I must say that I have none of those issues. I'm using a latest gen iPad Mini in airplane mode. I easily get 2500 foot range with little to no FPV video issues. I've only calibrated the compass once, not before every flight. I'm using the latest firmware and iOS app, let the app pick the channel automatically. Dunno.
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules