Los Angeles Drone Spots
1782 2 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

I'll be on a day business trip to LA this thursday, and have a couple of hours to kill before my flight home.  I was wondering if there are good places to fly my drone.  I know Hermosa Beach has a permit requirement that's real restrictive, that's a no go.  Manhattan Beach appears to be okay (I think they adopted the FAA law in its municipal code) even though it's within 5 miles from LAX, but a call to LAX and another airport is required.  Any other suggestions?  I have to be within an hour or two drive to LAX.  

Thanks!
2017-2-21
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

In the sepulveda basin (balboa Park) there is an aero park   Might be too far to go..but FUN
Van Nuys RC field, Lake Balboa, CA 914
Take the 405 FWY North and get off at Burbank Blvd.  (just past the 101)  Two block off the FWY
2017-2-21
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-2-21 13:54
In the sepulveda basin (balboa Park) there is an aero park   Might be too far to go..but FUN
Van Nuys RC field, Lake Balboa, CA 914
Take the 405 FWY North and get off at Burbank Blvd.  (just past the 101)  Two block off the FWY

Thanks!  I might not be able to check this spot out on this trip, but I'll definitely go check it out on the next visit.
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules