9859 25 2017-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smodra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3845 ft
Australia

Hi,

Has anyone had the misfortune of having their DJI product returned to the Melbourne, Victoria DJI repair centre?
(This is located in Burwood - not to be mistaken with EE Hobbies in Oakleigh)

Back-story: My camera was misaligned from new, and when I queried with online support if this was something that could be fixed via a firmware update, they advised that no it wasn't and if I wanted it fixed I would have to return the drone. I agreed to return it, so they arranged the TNT pick-up from my home. This was done, and the TNT website shows the parcel was received in good condition the next day. Then it all goes quiet. The online repair status says "Assessing damage" please be patient as this will take 1 working day. It's

My P4P has been with DJI for nearly two weeks and I have heard nothing from them.
I have chased online support for any progress update and the best they could do was either give me a phone number in China to call or the contact number for EE Hobbies which have nothing to do with where my drone has been sent!! (I called EE Hobbies, and they have no record of my CAS number. I'm not even going to bother trying to call China!)

I know the customer service from this company is a joke, but does anyone from Victoria know if this DJI centre in Burwood actually exists?
Will I ever see my drone again or has it gone for good?
Thanks,
Simon.

2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can understand how frustrating this must be,Simon.
Could you please clarify which email address you used to contact us?
Is the email address the same as your forum email?
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and find out what's going on with your case.
Really sorry for the trouble.
2017-2-21
Use props
sikada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does it exist?  It looks like my Mavic will be going into repair as well here in Australia.  Now I am very concerned.  I just can't get service to initiate a case so it can be sent for repair.  Not happy with the customer service so far, lots of running around and waiting......
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 16:05
Does it exist?  It looks like my Mavic will be going into repair as well here in Australia.  Now I am very concerned.  I just can't get service to initiate a case so it can be sent for repair.  Not happy with the customer service so far, lots of running around and waiting......

When you emailed you should have received an automated message containing a 6 digit ticket number.
Please provide me with your ticket number and I'll help to look into it.
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-22 18:09
When you emailed you should have received an automated message containing a 6 digit ticket number.
Please provide me with your ticket number and I'll help to look into it.

Hi Mindy that would be great #436817
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sikada Posted at 2017-2-22 18:48
Hi Mindy that would be great #436817

Thank you.
I have checked your ticket and our tech support is following up with you.
I have sent an request to them and they will help to initiate a case for you as soon as possible.
2017-2-22
Use props
sikada
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-22 19:36
Thank you.
I have checked your ticket and our tech support is following up with you.
I have sent an request to them and they will help to initiate a case for you as soon as possible.

Thank you Mindy.  Yes they have just sent emails etc.
I am feeling a little more confident now.
2017-2-22
Use props
John_ph4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52467 ft
Australia

Simon.

I live in Sydney and I'd love to know how you got the process for repair started. I've tried submitting a email support ticket 3 times now with 3 different browsers with all the images etc ... Just sits at the "LOADING" screen. They don't seem to have a email or phone number to contact directly....

Any tricks to get the process started greatly appreciated

cheers
John
( Crashed and broken Phantom4 )
2017-2-27
Use props
smodra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3845 ft
Australia

John_ph4 Posted at 2017-2-27 15:05
Simon.

I live in Sydney and I'd love to know how you got the process for repair started. I've tried submitting a email support ticket 3 times now with 3 different browsers with all the images etc ... Just sits at the "LOADING" screen. They don't seem to have a email or phone number to contact directly....

Hi John,

Sorry for the late reply - only just got my P4P back and haven't been on these forums while the drone was away.
To get started, I just completed the online repair request (under the Service section of the website) and the DJI staff took care of the rest.
FYI - my initial query started out as a question about whether the mis-aligned camera could be fixed via a firmware upgrade. DJI advised that if I wasn't happy with the camera pointing to the left, they would arrange for it to be picked up and repaired. So I eventually agreed to this.

The drone was collected very promptly by TNT, but after that it all went quiet.
I had to chase DJI constantly for an update - the TNT site showed the parcel had been delivered yet DJI system was showing "waiting for drone to be returned".
Eventually the drone was returned over two weeks later.

Don't believe their guidelines about timing - there must be a heap of damaged drones at this repair facility based on the timing of my repair.

Good luck with getting your drone repaired.
Cheers.
Simon

2017-3-9
Use props
fans248fbb0a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 299803 ft
Australia

everyone,

I just wanted to let everybody on hereand around the world know just how much i have suffered at the jands of DJI. Hopefully this may make anyone who is thinking aboyt buying a drone from DJI do so at their own risk.

This is what i have endured thus far trying to own a DJI drone and DJI are aware of everything and have done dome a thing to help me or fix a thing. I have done the following;

1) 1st mavic pro i purchased flew away and the flight data did not showup on the DJI Go 4 App. DjI could not do anything.
2) purchased a Mavic pro from a company who were posing as a DJI Reseller but were just con artist so i lost $1,000. After calling DJI to let them know this company had done this DJI told me that if i told them all information about this fake company then they would help me out and give me a refurbished Mavic Pro at no cost. Of course i gave them the info but DJI renegged on their side of the bargain and gave me nothing.

*****This one was the icing on the cake;******

3)I purchased yet another mavic pro and after about 3 weeks i lost video feed to my device so after wasting 3 weeks reading all the forums and what people have done with similar issues and nothing worked i decided to hop online to DJI technical support and ask for their help.
I spoke to an operator who told me after spending three hours upgrading firware which didnt fix my issue that i needed to send my mavic pro into DJI repairs centre. So he asked me for proof of purchase and he told me that i had bought chineese stock and that my warranty was held in china and i would have to send it away to china for warranty repair claims. I thought this was strange because i had bought it from a company in QLD here in Australia. I explained this to him and asked him to check again and confirm this for me. He came back to me after 5 mins and confirmed once again that my warranty was indeed held in china. I was starting to get extremely ajitated at the fact that he also advised me that the repairs processs could take up to 12 weeks. I thought to myself after being grounded for 4 weeks out of the 7 weeks i had owned this mavic plus what i had already been through that i would try to fix the issue myself. This decision to do this was solely based on the fact that this operator i spoke to from dji technical support telling me that my warranty was held in china. If this operator had given me the correct information whicb i found out about 4 weeks later that my warranty was actually held in australia i would  have sent my drone into the burwood repairs centre and had my issues fixed under warranty claim and you wouldnt be reading this story. Instead i tried everything i could to fix the issue and voided my warranty based on being given the wrong information on where my warranty aas held. To this day DJI will not take responsibility for giving me wrong infirmation and will not release the chat transcript fromthat conversation with technical support that day.
So about two weeks ago i sent my mavic pro into the burwood DJI repairs centre as whatever i tried didnt fix the issue. I flew the mavic just one day before i posted out to the repairs centre and apart from the loss of video feed issue there were no warnings or any concerns with my drone.
After 5 days dji sent me a $803 invoice stating that all motor wires were damaged. A damaged wifi cable and this was the crazy thing. That my core board had malfunctioned. If this had all been true i highly doubt i would have been able to fly my drone the day before i sent it into the reairs centre.i sent them theflight data and photos of the warnings i received on that flight. There was no errors listed.
I think the repairs centre have made a false repairs quotation as they knew that i was not covered under warranty. No other explanation for it. This is absolutely discusting. I have written wmail after email asking them for chat transcripts and letting them know that it was impossible that the core board had malfunctioned otherwise the app surely would not have allowed me to fly that day. I am so upset about this. I havd no money and just want my drone back fixed which the repairs centre are still holding. Shame on you dji!!!
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans248fbb0a Posted at 2018-3-30 19:51
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everybody on hereand around the world know just how much i have suffered at the jands of DJI. Hopefully this may make anyone who is thinking aboyt buying a drone from DJI do so at their own risk.
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused. Please check below and offer more info for better assistance, thanks!
1. The data analysis is based on the flight records in the APP and flight log in the aircraft. We're sorry data analysis is not available if no data can be found.
2. May I know which number did you call our support at that time? Please also tell us your phone number, we'll investigate the exact status.
3. For the warranty issue, how do you contact our support? By phone, online chat or email? Please kindly offer your phone number/email address as well. we'll look into it and keep improving our service.
Also, could you tell us your latest case number? I'd like to check the current repair status and see whether we can help.
Waiting for your reply.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans88caab2a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349134 ft
Australia

Hi,

I am after contact details for the Melbourne repair centre, I sent my Inspire in to have it assessed before repair, I have received an estimate to repair but no notification as to why the drone fell out of the sky with no input from me. I have requested this information with no reply as yet.
I am not happy that the drone can fall out of the sky with no error messages or warning when the drone had completed 4 flights previous to this one that day. The battery was fully charged on takeoff, the flight to crash was less than 30 seconds....
What guarantees have I got that it will not fall out of the sky for no apparent reason again??

Please contact me DJI Administrator
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans88caab2a Posted at 2018-10-24 21:08
Hi,

I am after contact details for the Melbourne repair centre, I sent my Inspire in to have it assessed before repair, I have received an estimate to repair but no notification as to why the drone fell out of the sky with no input from me. I have requested this information with no reply as yet.

Sir, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-170383-1-1.html Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-10-25
Use props
fans8078ea8f
New

Australia

They have the worst customer service and repair process I have ever seen. No communication is possibl,e its just hand it over and wait for vague emails.
They dont even talk to you if you try.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8078ea8f Posted at 2-26 02:47
They have the worst customer service and repair process I have ever seen. No communication is possibl,e its just hand it over and wait for vague emails.
They dont even talk to you if you try.

Hi there, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with us, may we have more details of what happened so that we can help? Thank you.
2019-2-26
Use props
Lachie Carter
lvl.1

Australia

I was wondering where I take my drone to be repaired? I purchased it at Melbourne Central and they do not have a contact number so I don’t won’t to take it in and then be sent somewhere else.
2019-2-26
Use props
Lachie Carter
lvl.1

Australia

Lachie Carter Posted at 2-26 18:57
I was wondering where I take my drone to be repaired? I purchased it at Melbourne Central and they do not have a contact number so I don’t won’t to take it in and then be sent somewhere else.

Is there a phone number I can talk to someone about it?
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lachie Carter Posted at 2-26 18:57

Hi Lachie Carter, you may contact our AU service center as below: https://www.dji.com/support
AU.png
2019-2-26
Use props
Este
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1383629 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks like I'm the lucky one this month with the repair center in Melbourne.
I opened a repair case for my Inspire 2. I got a case number and I sent my Inspire 2 Drone about a week ago via Australia Post. Delivery status says it delivered last Tuesday.
I didn't hear anything after the drone was delivered. I've called support twice to find out what is happening and nobody has a clue. They insist t that I will receive an email within 48hrs. Now it's Friday and I still haven't heard absolutely anything from anyone.  I wouldn't be such a big issue if the drone wasn't worth that much... :/
literally wondering I ever see my drone.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Esteban
2019-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Este Posted at 2-28 21:09
Looks like I'm the lucky one this month with the repair center in Melbourne.
I opened a repair case for my Inspire 2. I got a case number and I sent my Inspire 2 Drone about a week ago via Australia Post. Delivery status says it delivered last Tuesday.
I didn't hear anything after the drone was delivered. I've called support twice to find out what is happening and nobody has a clue. They insist t that I will receive an email within 48hrs. Now it's Friday and I still haven't heard absolutely anything from anyone.  I wouldn't be such a big issue if the drone wasn't worth that much... :/

Hi Esteban, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated to the management for investigation. The team will review and help you get an update soon.
2019-2-28
Use props
Lachie Carter
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-26 19:31
Hi Lachie Carter, you may contact our AU service center as below: https://www.dji.com/support[Image]

The number doesn’t get you anywhere. You would think you could just take your drone back to where you got it from. I can’t even call them. DJI Melbourne central doesn’t even have a phone number.  
2019-3-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Lachie Carter Posted at 3-7 12:06
The number doesn’t get you anywhere. You would think you could just take your drone back to where you got it from. I can’t even call them. DJI Melbourne central doesn’t even have a phone number.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I have your case number and phone number when you contacted our support? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2019-3-7
Use props
Rizwan Ali
New

Hi is there anyone who can help me with dji phantom 4 it is getting more and more frustrating now. I have phantom 4 and used to hardly 4 times since than it is giving me error with no signal image transmission and sd card data despair and sd card despair it self. I reinstalled the firmware and it started working fine than next day when I turn it on it gave me same error than I had to reinstall the firmware again and it started working normal and it happened again next day than I reinstall the firmware again but this time I used the assistant 2 it reinstalled successfully but when I turn it on it says cannot fly battery authentication failed so like that I have lost 1 battery and when I changed the battery it started working fine than again next day I turn it on I am having the same problem so signal image transmission and sd card data and sd card is not showing please help me with this thing I bought it very expensive. I have attached photos of errors.
2019-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rizwan Ali Posted at 9-8 03:41
Hi is there anyone who can help me with dji phantom 4 it is getting more and more frustrating now. I have phantom 4 and used to hardly 4 times since than it is giving me error with no signal image transmission and sd card data despair and sd card despair it self. I reinstalled the firmware and it started working fine than next day when I turn it on it gave me same error than I had to reinstall the firmware again and it started working normal and it happened again next day than I reinstall the firmware again but this time I used the assistant 2 it reinstalled successfully but when I turn it on it says cannot fly battery authentication failed so like that I have lost 1 battery and when I changed the battery it started working fine than again next day I turn it on I am having the same problem so signal image transmission and sd card data and sd card is not showing please help me with this thing I bought it very expensive. I have attached photos of errors.

Hi Rizwan Ali, sorry for the troubles and the late response, what SD card are you using? Did you try to format it or try another one? Will there be image transmission without the SD card?
2019-9-10
Use props
jasonbird69gmail.com
New
Flight distance : 579318 ft
Australia

So I recently purchased a M2EA. When the product arrived the gimbal oscillated violently and would not stabilise. I contacted DJI support and followed instructions to update firmware and do resets. Eventually I was told it had to be returned and a replacement was organised. I returned the product to the Melbourne repair centre using the return by Australia post form provided which took about a week to be returned rather than TNT which would have been a day. DJI assessed the fault and confirmed a replacement was required and I was advised a replacement would be sent out within 5 days. Days passed and no further communication was received. I contacted DJI support again and was eventually advised there was no stock to send a replacement and I should contact resellers to find one. So here I am having spent about $10,000 on an enterprise level product that did not work and now I don’t have with contracts to complete.
2021-7-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jasonbird69gmail.com Posted at 7-30 15:55
So I recently purchased a M2EA. When the product arrived the gimbal oscillated violently and would not stabilise. I contacted DJI support and followed instructions to update firmware and do resets. Eventually I was told it had to be returned and a replacement was organised. I returned the product to the Melbourne repair centre using the return by Australia post form provided which took about a week to be returned rather than TNT which would have been a day. DJI assessed the fault and confirmed a replacement was required and I was advised a replacement would be sent out within 5 days. Days passed and no further communication was received. I contacted DJI support again and was eventually advised there was no stock to send a replacement and I should contact resellers to find one. So here I am having spent about $10,000 on an enterprise level product that did not work and now I don’t have with contracts to complete.

Hello, JB69_1. I am sorry to hear that. We have checked your case and urged our designated team to handle it. We will contact you as soon as possible during the working days.
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules