Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-1 05:49
Sure , Happy to help you sort things out .  

donnie

Donnie, hate to keep bugging you, I'm like a nagging child I know, you suggested previously that the + sign following the firmware number meant that it was updated but wouldn't register until the app syncs with the DJI server, how do I achieve this, I've had the smart devise connected to wifi and /or 4G with the app running as well as the RC and AC but no changes.I want to make sure I don't have to update the firmware to the AC and RC, and only update the camera if that is all that's needed. I have issues with the Osmo also that I'm hoping will be solved with a firmware update too, unfortunately it seems I won't be able to fly over the weekend because a front is coming through with possible gusty winds, but I really wan to get this bird 100% before I can't have the time to return/replace it.   What do you think of DJI refresh, is it worth it?
2017-3-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-2 20:28
Donnie, hate to keep bugging you, I'm like a nagging child I know, you suggested previously that the + sign following the firmware number meant that it was updated but wouldn't register until the app syncs with the DJI server, how do I achieve this, I've had the smart devise connected to wifi and /or 4G with the app running as well as the RC and AC but no changes.I want to make sure I don't have to update the firmware to the AC and RC, and only update the camera if that is all that's needed. I have issues with the Osmo also that I'm hoping will be solved with a firmware update too, unfortunately it seems I won't be able to fly over the weekend because a front is coming through with possible gusty winds, but I really wan to get this bird 100% before I can't have the time to return/replace it.   What do you think of DJI refresh, is it worth it?

It still has not rolled over ?  try this if not , take the Go app device and  connect it to the Internet , then go to the DJI website and be sure to sign in .  Then go to the top of the go app that in the very beginning has a picture of the aircraft , on the top left corner you will see what looks like a paper airplane , from here go to the sync flight records Icon .

If that does not work , then hook up the entire system , make sure the go app has Internet service via wi fi , then fire up the entire system like you are going to fly  , you dont have to take off just make sure the entire system is on and the go app can communicate with the Internet.  then log off and check the go app and see if it has rolled over .

Other things to look for , on your go app device make sure the auto update is enabled for the apps ( make sure the go app has auto update enabled for sure )  , this is what could be causing it not to auto update.  Once you get the I pad air , it should roll over for you for sure once you have internet access and sign into the DJI page.
More than likely it is a phone setting preventing the rollover be sure to check the settings before doing the above steps .  

Ok , regarding the updates :

I read the old post of yours and you are updated with the + sign following the old FW versions ,  the only thing I think you did not have updateed was the camera . Why dont you load the latest FW per my earlier instuctions and get that camera updated as well .  
Why dont you wait till you get the apple device with the latest go app and then update the system again .

The DJI refresh is a tough call, I personally dont think I would get it , but You are kind of new to the DJI system so It may be worth it for you .  I have heard a mixed bag of stories .

donnie

2017-3-3
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11240 ft
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-3 12:45
It still has not rolled over ?  try this if not , take the Go app device and  connect it to the Internet , then go to the DJI website and be sure to sign in .  Then go to the top of the go app that in the very beginning has a picture of the aircraft , on the top left corner you will see what looks like a paper airplane , from here go to the sync flight records Icon .

If that does not work , then hook up the entire system , make sure the go app has Internet service via wi fi , then fire up the entire system like you are going to fly  , you dont have to take off just make sure the entire system is on and the go app can communicate with the Internet.  then log off and check the go app and see if it has rolled over .

I received the new iPad air yesterday and I opened Go app as well as booted the RC and AC, but I didn't know I should log into the DJI site separately, maybe that's the problem, I will try that tonight once I see the "+" disappear, I will proceed with the camera .

Did you see my post about the camera shake?
2017-3-3
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The saga continues. After downloading the X5 firmware results in a zip file named  WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin such zip file when expanded results in another zip file named WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin.cpgz not a .bin file and a read me file as per the videos I've seen. Granted I am working on a mac and videos are mostly PC based.
I know you use a PC for this purpose Donnie, but do you know if I should copy the unexpanded .Bin zip to the SD card and the AC will take care of extracting needed files or if the resulting .cpgz file is the one I should use?
2017-3-3
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-3 19:28
The saga continues. After downloading the X5 firmware results in a zip file named  WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin such zip file when expanded results in another zip file named WM610_FC550_FW_V01.10.01.40.bin.cpgz not a .bin file and a read me file as per the videos I've seen. Granted I am working on a mac and videos are mostly PC based.
I know you use a PC for this purpose Donnie, but do you know if I should copy the unexpanded .Bin zip to the SD card and the AC will take care of extracting needed files or if the resulting .cpgz file is the one I should use?

AC update is done with one battery, guess I should run it again for the second battery
2017-3-3
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-3 21:49
AC update is done with one battery, guess I should run it again for the second battery

Ok, sorry had to go out of town for a day . Are you ok right now ???  Its Saturday , I will check in again Sunday Morning for sure , If you need anything let me know.

donnie
2017-3-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-4 13:01
Ok, sorry had to go out of town for a day . Are you ok right now ???  Its Saturday , I will check in again Sunday Morning for sure , If you need anything let me know.

donnie

Haven't been able to fly since the firmware update, funny enough I still have the + next to the ac fw, it is wicked windy, but I might try to fly a little in low altitude see if the camera "bounce" has sorted itself out. One new issue I started having last night is that I lost the control of the gimbal via the go app, now if I tap and hold the screen either focus or if in auto the exposure icons appear and do their thing, bit I can't for the life of me get gimbal control anymore, I haven't a clue what I did, I've reset the camera and nothing . I believe its something I must have done but can't figure out what, anyway I have the left rotary programmed to control it changing between pitch and yaw with the C1 switch, so I have control though it would be nice to know how I f*** up.
2017-3-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-4 15:16
Haven't been able to fly since the firmware update, funny enough I still have the + next to the ac fw, it is wicked windy, but I might try to fly a little in low altitude see if the camera "bounce" has sorted itself out. One new issue I started having last night is that I lost the control of the gimbal via the go app, now if I tap and hold the screen either focus or if in auto the exposure icons appear and do their thing, bit I can't for the life of me get gimbal control anymore, I haven't a clue what I did, I've reset the camera and nothing . I believe its something I must have done but can't figure out what, anyway I have the left rotary programmed to control it changing between pitch and yaw with the C1 switch, so I have control though it would be nice to know how I f*** up.

took the plunge and did a very low altitude flight taking advantage of the building's wind protection, the bird is responding really well I think the camera "bounce" issue is gone but hard to tell unless I get some altitude. The wind was trashing this thing about pretty bad sometimes having it completely loose it's spot on hover, I must confess, this is not proper place for compass cal, so I haven't, and the app is telling me its good, though I will do it tomorrow before I fly again. It will likely be another low altitude "safe" test, just because the winds are crazy. What is best way to post videos and or photos here?
2017-3-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-4 15:16

Ok, are you saying that when you have the aircraft in the air  ( or whatever ) and you press the Go App screen  with your pointer finger you at one time would get a blue circle and the camera would go to where you  moved the circle ?  Is that correct

This solution I have may fix the camera Bounce you describe as well.  

I think what you have is the camera is set to FPV mode ( First Person view)  and the feature you want (use main screen to point camera in the direction desired ) wont work with this enabled.  go to the main  Go app screen and on the far left of the screen you will see a Pointer icon, ( just below the auto takeoff icon ) when you tap on this you will see 5 options . what you want to do is press the 2nd one from the left which is the "follow " function , this will give the best view when flying and is controlled by the Advanced Gimbal settings configuration .   I believe you have the "FPV' enabled and therefore you CANNOT  control the gimbal via the app.  The FPV is just like a fixed camera and has no gyro to control the camera to make it nice and smooth, this may also why you get the "bounce ' in the video .  

Also the far  5th far right right option with the arrow around the pointer is the Re-set , this brings the camera back to the home point whenever you want it to do so.  There is also a "free"Mode   -this  will leave the camera pointed and locked in that direction and the aircraft can then spin around on it access.  I find this handy when I want to stay locked on a subject but need to orientate the antennas on the aircraft which are on the from and rear landing legs back pointing back at the transmitter so I get best signal .
You will want to occasionaly use the re-set for the camera even if in follow me mode becasue the camera sometimes gets a little off in it direction .  You will  notice this when flying sometimes if looking at the screen , the aircraft is going one way but the camera screen image is indicating another .  simply press the reset .

Also when in FPV mode you will notice the radar on the bottom of the screen will have the camera Icon pointing in one direction and the Green projector is pointing in another direction , you have the camera and the aircraft pointing in the same direction when these two jive.  You will have to test this to see what I mean.

So bottom line , I think you are in FPV mode and need to get it back to follow me mode so you can use the main screen of go app as the pointer for the camera .

Hope this helps, I am pretty sure this is your challenge.

donnie  
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-1 17:47
I've encountered, now that I'm flying the beast, a new video issue, not to mention audio issues with the Osmo, but I will open another thread about that in the Osmo forum.

Today with moderate wind, maybe 10-15 mph at ground level, starting fine at about 100- 120 feet suddenly there is a incessant "bouncing" vertical vibration at a not too fast rate, when moving it seems to disappear, I don't know if it's related to the wind, but it is still there.  It almost feels like an old car with worn shocks. Is this anywhere close to normal behavior for the Inspire 1 Pro?

The camera gimbal is in FPV mode and not follow me mode  , the above post of mine should kill two birds with one stone. I bet if you put the camera and gimbal in Follow me mode , this problem goes away........I think

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 04:59
The camera gimbal is in FPV mode and not follow me mode  , the above post of mine should kill two birds with one stone. I bet if you put the camera and gimbal in Follow me mode , this problem goes away........I think

donnie

It's very possible that I was in FPV mode, since I'm still learning the idiosyncrasies I wanted the camera pointing straight forward and down a few degrees for what I was trying to capture, I still have to get used to being able to point the camera and not have to point the bird.

Now, I got an Olympus M. Zuiko digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ lens which is incredibly compact to carry as it flattens to a pancake as it's referred to, I've only used it on the Osmo as of now, it's probably where it's going to get the most use (as well as the X5 to be frank) When I shut off the Osmo, the Oly doesn't contract, however when I start it up it first contracts then expands, seemingly to complete the cycle from shutdown and start up again. Is our X5 incapable of giving the Oly the command to contract upon shut down therefore it is "normal" for us DJI users? BTW, might not be the clearest lens on the planet, but the optics are quite good, and contrary to what I've read, the zoom is quite smooth making it possible to do moving zooms on the Osmo.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-5 12:00
It's very possible that I was in FPV mode, since I'm still learning the idiosyncrasies I wanted the camera pointing straight forward and down a few degrees for what I was trying to capture, I still have to get used to being able to point the camera and not have to point the bird.

Now, I got an Olympus M. Zuiko digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ lens which is incredibly compact to carry as it flattens to a pancake as it's referred to, I've only used it on the Osmo as of now, it's probably where it's going to get the most use (as well as the X5 to be frank) When I shut off the Osmo, the Oly doesn't contract, however when I start it up it first contracts then expands, seemingly to complete the cycle from shutdown and start up again. Is our X5 incapable of giving the Oly the command to contract upon shut down therefore it is "normal" for us DJI users? BTW, might not be the clearest lens on the planet, but the optics are quite good, and contrary to what I've read, the zoom is quite smooth making it possible to do moving zooms on the Osmo.

If you want the camera straight ahead and down a couple of degrees , use the Follow mode along with the gimbal wheel on the top left of AC, this will tilt the camera down , then if you wish you can go to the C1 prompt or c2 and c change it to pan function as well.  I find it much easier to use the Aircraft as the Pan feature and the gimbal wheel to pitch/tilt the camera up and down .

donnie
*** I have no idea regarding that lens but highly doubt there would be any function for it.

the best way to make videos is using the I pad or phone, then post them to you tube and then provide a link .  Otherwise DJI will say the file is to big and not let you post .  You can post pics here deasy ....but videos are something else.

Let me know if the Follow me mode solves the problem as well.

2017-3-5
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 12:05
If you want the camera straight ahead and down a couple of degrees , use the Follow mode along with the gimbal wheel on the top left of AC, this will tilt the camera down , then if you wish you can go to the C1 prompt or c2 and c change it to pan function as well.  I find it much easier to use the Aircraft as the Pan feature and the gimbal wheel to pitch/tilt the camera up and down .

donnie

come to think of it if I cannot tilt the camera down in FPV, then I was not in FPV, the camera was indeed down. I do have the wheel and c1 c2 combinations for tilt and pan. Unfortunately it is about 20-25 steady wind speed with 30-35 gusts, a bit of a challenge even for the Inspire 1Funny enough the Osmo is allowing me to control the tilt and pan in the app without a problem.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-5 14:06
come to think of it if I cannot tilt the camera down in FPV, then I was not in FPV, the camera was indeed down. I do have the wheel and c1 c2 combinations for tilt and pan. Unfortunately it is about 20-25 steady wind speed with 30-35 gusts, a bit of a challenge even for the Inspire 1Funny enough the Osmo is allowing me to control the tilt and pan in the app without a problem.

Ok so do you now have gimbal control via the go app "screen and finger method"  if you are in " Follow Mode "  ?  You do NOT need to be in the air to test this out .  

Send me a video via your I phone Or I pad  to me  and show me what you mean if this is till an issue .

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2017-3-6
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 04:59

donnie

Unfortunately Donnie there is no joy, it doesn't matter what mode the camera is in the screen is not giving me control, but I am getting the hang of using the left pot and C button, just really bugs me I can't have a whole system as I should. Actually on the Osmo handle it does give me gimbal control on screen, go figure, but I am missing functions on the Osmo screen, no panorama, no HDR, maybe no bracketing either, I have multiples but doesn't specify bracketing, I use brackets constantly in my photography, I have to study the multiple shot function to see if I'm wrong. I believe there is supposed to be a time lapse in video mode that's doesn't need additional processing in a video editor, I don't know if all these functions I
dreamed about, but I DON'T have them.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules