P3S not taking pictures with Samsung Galaxy S6
552 2 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivelisseoquendo
New

United States

I am a newbie at this, so sorry if this question has been asked a few times already.

I recently bought a used P3S and I have been having problems to connect the camera features to my Samsung Galaxy S6. The firmware in the app says it is updated, but when ever I try to take pictures I click on it and it does nothing. It connects fine for the other features but not for the photos.
The other day I was trying to record and didn't record at the time I tried to, but a couple minutes later it started recording and I couldn't stop it. I had to turn off the drone unable to stop the recording. It seems like it has a delay or something.
I already tried formatting the Samsung 16 GB micro SD card class 10 that I have; in the computer and in the Drone, but the problem consists.
If I put the card after being formatted in the drone in the computer it says "there is a problem reading your photos". I really dont know what it means.

Maybe there is a setting that I havent try or something else? can someone please help me? I dont know what else to do.

Thanks in advance
- Ivelisse Oquendo
2017-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ivelisse,

The problem may be with your cable attachments.  The gimbal and camera are attached to the body of the Phantom and at least two cables connect the electronics.  With continued use, sometimes these cables come loose and if the Phantom has been used in a humid environment sometimes they corrode enough to interrupt the connection.  Here in Hawai'i, because it is so humid, our standard response to any connectivity or command issue is to take apart and put back together whatever you can.  Even the wall plug!  We look like geniuses until we tell them what the problem was.

Anyway, in your case, you should look for the cables connecting the Phantom body with the gimbal.  Pull out the connector carefully and put it back, one at a time.  Then start it up and see if that helped.  Let us know!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

I had similar problems and never really got it sorted out.I changed the SD card,(I was also using the Samsung),I now use the "sandisk elite" 32gb with speeds up to 95mb/s. This one action totally transformed my p3s into a different machine!. The video was smoother with no flickering or stopping, I have not had a lock up since changing to sandisk, whether that is just coincidence I don't know, the Samsung SD was bought from ebay ,the sandisk was bought from a local electrical supplier , beware the snide SD cards !!. This worked for me ,hope it helps. Have a nice day.
       John
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules