Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prepare to fly in Alaska
997 2 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EUG Wang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72858 ft
United States

It's nearly spring break so I am going to be ready for the trip to Alaska with my Mavic Pro.

Any tips for Mavic Pro flying in cold weather? I watched the video by DJI Studio shot in cold weather and they use something covered the battery during the flying, anyone knows what is that?

there is the link to the video:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-3524 ... nique&pm=custom

be free to give any advice, thank you ;)
2017-2-22
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I hope you enjoy your trip up here! The main thing is keep your batteries warm until you are ready to take off. Once you take off let the aircraft warm up by hovering for a minute or so before flying around. Alaska also has a LOT of small airports most are dirt strips and are not a big deal but we have a lot more small aircraft flying around than most places so keep your eyes and ears open for them. Alaska also has quite a few national parks so be aware of where you are flying. The Airmap app is a good one to get. I hope you enjoy your visit here and get some great shots. Alaska is a very beautiful area!
2017-2-22
Use props
EUG Wang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72858 ft
United States

JakeS Posted at 2017-2-22 18:09
Well I hope you enjoy your trip up here! The main thing is keep your batteries warm until you are ready to take off. Once you take off let the aircraft warm up by hovering for a minute or so before flying around. Alaska also has a LOT of small airports most are dirt strips and are not a big deal but we have a lot more small aircraft flying around than most places so keep your eyes and ears open for them. Alaska also has quite a few national parks so be aware of where you are flying. The Airmap app is a good one to get. I hope you enjoy your visit here and get some great shots. Alaska is a very beautiful area!

Thank you for replying and suggestions.

I got APP "B4UFLY" and "Hover" for safe flying. I also got "AuroraNOW"  for aurora.

I am pretty sure I will enjoy this trip since Alaska is one of my dream place to visit.

Just waiting for my photos and video after  ; )
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules