New firmware destroying microSD cards?
2151 8 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11316 ft
Canada

I purchased two SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC 1 class 10 cards, and after updating to the latest firmware, I tried formatting them in the Mavic, by selecting format card in the dji go 4 app. Now it doesn't show any errors before flight, but after recording I cannot download the footage or images form the card to my imac. I tried this with both the SanDisk 64GB cards, and I've also tried it with a 16 GB Panasonic MicroSDHC I U3 class 10 card, and also a Lexar 633x MicroSDHC I U1 class 10 card (the one that came with the Mavic from DJI)
So, if it's not a single faulty card, I'm led to think that the new firmware is currupting the cards when I format them. I have re-installed the firmware twice, and it's still happening.

Has anyone else had this issue, or have suggestions to resolve it?

I'm not concerned about recovering lost footage, I just want to be able to format and use one of the cards (or a new one) and transfer the data to my computer.
Below are the error messages I get when trying to import the data from the Mavic

Image Capture app

image capture app

image capture app

Photos
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.05.16 PM.png

Quicktime
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.06.07 PM.png

Photoshop
Screen Shot 2017-02-22 at 11.06.34 PM.png
2017-2-22
Use props
MR BringIt
lvl.2
United States

Have you tried any of these cards in a different computer?
2017-2-22
Use props
ZT
lvl.1
Canada

No, but thanks to dji support I have a temporary solution. I've downgraded the firmware, then re-formatted the card using my iMac (instead of using the Mavic and Dji Go 4 app to format it)
Now it seems to work (I haven't flown it yet, but I can take pictures and transfer them to the computer now) The chat support guys said they would report the issue and I'll just use the previous version of the firmware in the meantime.
2017-2-22
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Thats very strange. Im on the new firmware and using sandisk extreme pro cards with no issues so far
2017-2-22
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Format them with your PC but just make sure you use fat 32 but this is only as a temporary fix until they sort the firmware  
2017-2-23
Use props
SkyMemories
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

SD card problem?
2017-2-23
Use props
ZT
lvl.1
Canada

It's not an SD Card problem, because the same issue occurred with 4 different SD cards that were working normally.
2017-2-25
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I got Mavic yesterday and updated both RC and Mavic to newest firmware. Flew once and take out SD and it's reading fine in my Windows PC.
File format is MOV anyway.
2017-2-25
Use props
ZT
lvl.1
Canada

ngvuanh Posted at 2017-2-25 11:40
I got Mavic yesterday and updated both RC and Mavic to newest firmware. Flew once and take out SD and it's reading fine in my Windows PC.
File format is MOV anyway.

Good to hear your not having any issues. Have you tried formatting your sd card in the Mavic with the new firmware? (not that I recomend you try it)

It's also possible this issue has something to do with the Google Pixel XL phone, but I have no idea what's causing it.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules