[Misleading Title] The Nvidia Shield K1 is now officially supported
1585 13 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xmlzp84LBZsZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Supported Android Tab list

...does it work well with the 1.8 latest firmware, or even the 1.6? I am mainly talking with the Phantom 4 BTW.

I see tons of posts in different areas of this board and other boards.

Some guys are saying it's a great Tab, some saying it's great but had to roll back to 1.6 some are saying their video feed is broken up and want to return the Tablet and so on.

I am planning on buying one tomorrow and then my wife can have her iphone 6 back but if it's going to have choppy video feed like my Samsung Note 10.1 then what is the point.

I have rolled back to 1.6 and even then, it's not brilliant and the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition is a very powerful tablet. I know it's a DJI problem that they need to solve but this seems to be a running thing with them and some Android tabs.

SO, you guys with the now, OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED Nvidia Shield K1....Does it really work?

2017-2-23
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The list you linked above is my list. DJI still does not officially support the Nvidia Shield K1.
2017-2-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The official list from DJI Phantom 4 downloads page is :-

iOS Version v4.0.4.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android Version v4.0.3.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Edit:- You should edit your original title.
2017-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Despite DJI never updating their list to include lots of suitable tablets, the Nvidia Shield K1 is one of the best Android tablets for flying.
2017-2-23
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-23 04:38
Despite DJI never updating their list to include lots of suitable tablets, the Nvidia Shield K1 is one of the best Android tablets for flying.

I have had a Nvidia shield now for over a year.  I just bought a brand new one because I gave my original one to my son. I own a P3A and tried many devices before I purchased the Shield. I simply works great and for the cost of $200 for a brand new K1, you can't beat it. It has good processor speed and to get into an I-pad or similar android you are looking at $400-$500 that performs as well.
I would caution if you purchase a new Shied, immediately turn off "automatic updates" and leave it on V5.0 Lollipop or V6.0 Marshmallow, whichever it comes with. There is another thread about updating to V7.0 Nougat that I also tried and had problems with and had to roll mine back to V6.0 and now everything is perfect. The Nvidia shield may not be on the supported products lists DJI gives out but it should be as far as I am concerned. I have 3-4 people I have suggested the Shield to, and they all have nothing but positive feedback for it.
2017-2-23
Use props
Xmlzp84LBZsZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-23 03:30
The list you linked above is my list. DJI still does not officially support the Nvidia Shield K1.

Oops. Sorry :-) Must have had that in my Favourites

Still, the question still stands. Would hate to have to waste the cash!
2017-2-23
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

make sure it has 2gb or more of ram. i use a galaxy s7. my tab 10.1 only has 1.5 gb of ram. and it has chopy issues
2017-2-23
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

I really liked Nougat but the disconnect issues are a deal breaker. Rolled back to 1.5 and all is well again. Its hard to beat this tablet for the price.
2017-2-23
Use props
Xmlzp84LBZsZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks gents.

I am edging ever closer
Sorry bout the title, can't seem to edit anything as I cant find the edit key...
2017-2-23
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

On the nVidia Shield K1 (Android 6) DJI Go 4  says version 4.03(186 gp).

I flew the P4 through 3 batteries, using the K1, latest FW on AC and RC, without issue. Ran Course Lock, Sports and ATTI modes, Waypoints, etc. Slightly windy conditions, gusts around 15mph. Up to 200 AGL.

Did not test RTH. Did not notice if Home Point changed either. Didn't even look at the Here map.

Conclusion: 4.03 works on the(this) K1(Android 6).

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-24
Use props
Xmlzp84LBZsZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That's great!!!

Very encouraging Augustus, ordered yesterday and it will be here today!
2017-2-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xmlzp84LBZsZ Posted at 2017-2-24 23:00
That's great!!!

Very encouraging Augustus, ordered yesterday and it will be here today!

Aloha Xmlzp,

You will be happier for it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-24
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

Another happy K1 user here. DJI seems to be dragging their feet adding the K1 to the supported list. That list is outdated and needs updated. I have personally mentioned this to a moderator a number of months ago but still nothing.
2017-2-25
Use props
Xmlzp84LBZsZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, it's here and it's on Marshmallow and it's great It's actually working, great picture, no pixellation, no ugly glitching and so on.

BUT, the weird thing is, after downloading the latest DJI GO 4 I don't have the map in the bottom right of the screen anymore, I have the compass on the left and have to tap it and it changes to the map?? I can have either but not both anymore..

That shouldn't happen and I want my map back in the bottom right corner

Anyone have any suggestion?
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules