12Next >
35081 42 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi,

I planned to travel to Bali later this year and shoot a vlogg for personal use and on social media with my Mavic Pro.
I've read their drone laws but didn't understand the photography and video regulation part.
Is there somebody here who have flown a drone in Indonesia before?
Should I be worry that the airport will confiscate the drone, do I need an license to bring the drone, do I need license to photography & video use?
I know that I only get to fly 150m up and 500m with line of sight.
2017-2-23
Use props
TKP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

http://travellersplanetblog.com/ ... indonesia-and-bali/
This was posted late last year but should be up to date. Hope this helps
2017-2-23
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

TKP Posted at 2017-2-23 07:28

Thank you!
But the question is how I get a license for photography and filming?..
I hope it's not like Sweden, It's impossible to get a license here right now.
2017-2-23
Use props
TKP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This link is probably better then, there is an email address on that page so hopefully they can give more information:
https://uavsystemsinternational. ... donesia-drone-laws/

Let me know how it goes

2017-2-24
Use props
fansf825ad28
lvl.1

Netherlands

As far as i see, you only need a permit if you plan to fly higher than 150 meters, otherwise no permit needed.
2017-2-26
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

TKP Posted at 2017-2-24 03:50
This link is probably better then, there is an email address on that page so hopefully they can give more information:
https://uavsystemsinternational.com/drone-laws-by-country/indonesia-drone-laws/

Thank you TKP
2017-2-28
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

fansf825ad28 Posted at 2017-2-26 01:54
As far as i see, you only need a permit if you plan to fly higher than 150 meters, otherwise no permit needed.

Hmm but it seems like you need a permit if you are planing to take pictures or videos even if it's not commercial work. I will only use it for my own socialnetwork use, vlogging and instagram.
I'm have read that people had payed a fine because they didn't have a permit to take pictures and videos and uploaded it to the internet. I'm not going  to fly over 150m.

Someone who knows more about the law about dronefootage in Indonesia?
I think I got a grip about the laws with flying the drone now,
But it's worth less to bring the drone if I don't have permission to take pictures and videos.  
2017-2-28
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

I leave for Bali with my new Mavic on March 22, Ill update with any info when I get back.
2017-2-28
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

Sangarone Posted at 2017-2-28 04:52
I leave for Bali with my new Mavic on March 22, Ill update with any info when I get back.

Oh really? That's awesome! I would be more than greatful with some update and your own experience.
Would helped alot!

Thank you!
2017-2-28
Use props
Dschapin
lvl.2
United States

CreativeMe Posted at 2017-2-28 22:22
Oh really? That's awesome! I would be more than greatful with some update and your own experience.
Would helped alot!

Let us know man I am going to Bali in a bit  hit me up dschapin@gmail.com
2017-3-19
Use props
fans5311a023
New
Flight distance : 249262 ft
Australia

Hi all,
Anyone recently been to Bali and have any updates on Drone laws while there?
thanks
2017-5-14
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying at the Temples is a 2,000,000 rupiah fine.  That's alittle less than $200 and its negotiable.  I was fined and settled for $100 at Uluwatu.  I flew at Tanah Lot and had no issues, but, walked far out along the shoreline to shoot the temple at sunset.  Bali is very photogenic from the air and I had a blast using my Phantom 4 there and Komodo Islands.

Satonda Island, an extinct Volcano in the Flores Sea.

Satonda Island, an extinct Volcano in the Flores Sea.
2017-5-14
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A video of some of my flights in Bali & Komodo Islands.  

2017-5-14
Use props
yfcw0801
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412762 ft
Singapore

I went to Bali with my Mavic Pro. No issue at customs and nobody bother to ask u anything about it.

Tried to shoot at Tanah Lot. Someone came and ask for 500k IDR 'donation' to the temple, but i refused. Luckily, i was able to shoot a few mins of footage while I was pretending to bargain with him.

The rest of places i went has no problem with the drone.
2017-5-15
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Seriously dont worry about any laws there, I just got back last month, nobody to enforce height limits given your away from the airport, only thing you should watch out for are the massive cell towers that interfere with your signal to RC... And to fly at the temples, just take off from somewhere outside the temple out of eyesight... It has nothing to do with religion, they just have "monks" inside the temples with pro grade cameras charging tourists for pictures and dont want to have drones flying around.
2017-5-15
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

As what we always say...do anything u wanna n don't get caught..but don't fly too obviously onto crowded area I propose... Ask your driver who drives u ard.. Best to highlight to the drivers company u need someone who is more experience in their local laws .. He will guide u thru..main point is to get pass the custom at airport.
2017-8-1
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-5-14 19:56
Flying at the Temples is a 2,000,000 rupiah fine.  That's alittle less than $200 and its negotiable.  I was fined and settled for $100 at Uluwatu.  I flew at Tanah Lot and had no issues, but, walked far out along the shoreline to shoot the temple at sunset.  Bali is very photogenic from the air and I had a blast using my Phantom 4 there and Komodo Islands.

Wow..tanah lot avoid 530 to 645pm while the birds all swarn out from the caves.
2017-8-1
Use props
TeeJe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203491 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I would say as Indonesian, you're freely bringing your drone in any cities, and airport folks won't seize your AC or even ask you anything about it. Sometime they just curios about batteries when it's being scanned and will ask to show them to make sure.
I would say, there is no restriction flying in National Park or temples. In the temple such as Borobudur, as long as you got permission from local site security and not for commercial use then you're okay. Such temple like Prambanan temple in Yogyakarta, as this place within an air strip of commercial flight, then it's should be no GO.
I still thinking that there's no any restriction of taking photography and video for personal use, unless for commercial, you need site releases from the owner. It is always good practice asking permission to local security before you fly and fly your AC away any crowd place, not just for a safety, but sometime to avoid any scam :-)
I'm not saying that I mention differently with statement and circumstances in "travellersplanetblog.com" (ministerial regulation No.90 year 2015) Here, but as far as I can tell from my experiences, you still have a free flight in Indonesia's land/water areas as long as adhere the local authority permission and general rule of using drone responsibly.
2017-8-2
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Everyone loved my drone in Bali no matter where I was at.  I just showed them the footage and avoided flying over crowds, low altitudes near the temple grounds, or paid the fee when asked for it without argument.  The Balinese are very helpful and wonderful hosts for me.  And I second the recommendation to get your Driver's help when touring the temples.  They were invaluable to me and I made friends with them as well.

Tulumben, Bali at sunset behind Mount Agung.

Tulumben, Bali at sunset behind Mount Agung.
2017-8-2
Use props
FF6022
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Same here. Had no issue. Considering they fly kites everywhere that seem miles in the air a drone is not a problem.
2017-8-2
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I just came back from holiday in Bali. I took my Mavic with me and shot many beautiful videos in Ubud, Sanur and Kintamani, I also hiked up to Mt. Batur to see sunrise and shot some wonderful footages of the volcano. There are many drone flyers in various places. The local people are also very friendly with drones.
DJI_0033.jpg
2017-8-2
Use props
Sportbike*Pilot
lvl.2

United States

fans799afcf3 Posted at 2017-8-2 23:48
I just came back from holiday in Bali. I took my Mavic with me and shot many beautiful videos in Ubud, Sanur and Kintamani, I also hiked up to Mt. Batur to see sunrise and shot some wonderful footages of the volcano. There are many drone flyers in various places. The local people are also very friendly with drones.

Wow, what a beautiful shot there !
2017-8-3
Use props
fans799afcf3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8834869 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Just edit a video for aerial shooting of Mt. Batur in Bali. I didn't do any color postprocessor, just simple editing, hope you like it, Stanley

Here is the link

2017-8-3
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

fans799afcf3 Posted at 2017-8-3 10:58
Just edit a video for aerial shooting of Mt. Batur in Bali. I didn't do any color postprocessor, just simple editing, hope you like it, Stanley

Here is the link

Stunning view!
When did you hike Mt batur? Because I hiked it July 30!
It was the best thing I've ever did.
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_ca4ObFt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262 ft
United Kingdom

TKP Posted at 2017-2-23 07:28

Hi TKP,

I'm going there for 2 months and I've heard that the Drone can be retained at the custom and you have to pay a high fees to take it with you.

Should I email the aviation authority prior to my departure to ask for a written permission, as few people do?

Thank you,
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_MMxQhzg
New
Singapore

djiuser_ca4ObFt Posted at 2017-9-5 03:55
Hi TKP,

I'm going there for 2 months and I've heard that the Drone can be retained at the custom and you have to pay a high fees to take it with you.

Hello Bro,

Any updated news? I am planning to go to Bali with my drone in next week. I am worry because of your this post.
2017-9-8
Use props
djiuser_ca4ObFt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_MMxQhzg Posted at 2017-9-8 18:24
Hello Bro,

Any updated news? I am planning to go to Bali with my drone in next week. I am worry because of your this post.

Hey Mate, so basically as soon as I receive my Mavic Pro (on Tuesday) I'll send an email the the Balinese aviation authorities and ask for a kind permission to fly the drone there. They will then send me a confirmation which would cover me in case of any problems landing in the country with the drone.

I'm not sure it's necessary but to be fair it's just a matter of 2 minutes to send the email, so it's not a big deal.
Here is a template email that you can send them:
To <hubud@dephub.go.id>
"Good morning,

I would like to kindly request permission to bring my small drone (UAV) into [INSERT A COUNTRY] and operate it for recreational purposes only, from [DATE].  I intend on flying the small drone in remote areas of [INSERT COUNTRY] such as [INSERT AREA].  When I leave [INSERT A COUNTRY], I will bring my drone home with me. Please find the specification of the drone below for you reference.

DJI Mavic Pro Drone
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CMIT ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
FCC ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dimensions:
Folded: H83mm x W83mm x L198mm
Diagonal Size (Propellers included) 335mm
Weight (Battery & Propellers included) 743g
More Info: https://www.dji.com/mavic/info

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXXX"

Wherever you go, always find the Civil Aviation Authority email of the country that you are going to and send them this email.

Best of luck ;)
2017-9-9
Use props
Brent Hudson
New
Flight distance : 399334 ft
South Africa

Hi,
Is the email address in the template above specifically for the Indonesian aviation authorities ?
Regards
Brent
2017-10-22
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Absolutely no issue with Bali or customs or anything of the sort.
Just fly with common sense and respect (so many drone users dont do this).  Don't do it in Sanur or Kuta (airport) and not directly over temples unless you've asked permission from the people inside it first.
Other than that, its fairly relaxed and also has probably some of the best scenery on earth.

Its a shame Agung is off limits currently, a sunrise flight after climbing that for dawn would be really impressive to capture the volcanos shadow.
2017-10-22
Use props
ElPolo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10643 ft
France

Hey sorry if a bit late but Indonesia has a little regulation for drones out there.
If flying as a hobby you will need to fly:

at a maximum altitude of 150 m above the ground.
away from vehicles in movement, people or large crowds.
a drone weighting less than 2 kg.
you need to be at least 18 years old.
from a fix point, do not fly from a moving vehicle.
have a minimum flight visibility of 4.8 km
15 km away from airports (any airport, seaplane base or area where aircraft or helicopter take off & land) & give way to all other type of aircraft.
only during day time (no night flight tolerance) & within your sight at all times.=
maintain a safe distance from any cloud (150 m below & 600 m distance).
only one drone at the time.
[size=14.004px](
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-5-14 19:56

Wow - that is beautiful
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-5-14 20:06
A video of some of my flights in Bali & Komodo Islands.  https://youtu.be/mY8Mxr6WtHk

Amazing footage
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-8-2 18:09
Everyone loved my drone in Bali no matter where I was at.  I just showed them the footage and avoided flying over crowds, low altitudes near the temple grounds, or paid the fee when asked for it without argument.  The Balinese are very helpful and wonderful hosts for me.  And I second the recommendation to get your Driver's help when touring the temples.  They were invaluable to me and I made friends with them as well.

Stunning capture - you should create a thread with all of your work!
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans799afcf3 Posted at 2017-8-3 10:58

Here is the link

Great video too
2018-11-28
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-28 06:39
Stunning capture - you should create a thread with all of your work!

My Instagram is Bengalboy69 if you want to see some more of the drone shots in Bali.  Here is one of Sangeang Volcano that turned out pretty cool.
2018-11-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 11-28 20:49
My Instagram is Bengalboy69 if you want to see some more of the drone shots in Bali.  Here is one of Sangeang Volcano that turned out pretty cool. [view_image]

Thanks for the link to IG. This is stunning!
2018-11-28
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 11-28 23:31
Thanks for the link to IG. This is stunning!

Thanks!  Your being kind!  Hope you enjoy my Gram, let me know yours if your into photography as I would enjoy seeing yours as well!
2018-11-29
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for watching it.  I'm not very good with video editing.  Trying to learn, but, you get an idea of how great Bali & Komodo is.  Especially if you enjoy drone photography, it has epic landscape & ocean shot potential!
2018-11-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 11-29 17:24
Thanks!  Your being kind!  Hope you enjoy my Gram, let me know yours if your into photography as I would enjoy seeing yours as well!

You're welcome
2018-11-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 11-29 17:27
Thank you for watching it.  I'm not very good with video editing.  Trying to learn, but, you get an idea of how great Bali & Komodo is.  Especially if you enjoy drone photography, it has epic landscape & ocean shot potential!

For sure - tanks for sharing
2018-11-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules