DJI GO 4 Config Files
3477 7 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fh-hillsboro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140112 ft
United States

Nooobie here - just getting started with thie very cool quad.  I am currently using an s5 android phone on the RC.  Yesterday it got low on batteries so I swapped it with a s7 android phone.  All the configuration information and settings were lost so I had to start over.  Is it possible to locate the file where the settings are kept and simply move it to the new device?  I will be moving to an android tablet as soon as the bracket arrives and it would be convenient to not have to re-enter everything.

2017-2-23
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

There are a few threads around asking for the ability to set configs in the app 'offline' to save battery time. To date I do not believe there is a supported way to either set or transport config settings without the app being connected to the drone.

For those of us that use multiple devices it would be a very nice feature to have an export/import settings function. Would even be beneficial to those looking for camera settings that others have used. I could see dangers if flight configurations are included but I wouldn't think it would be that hard to separate the flight from camera settings.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Strange, all of the settings are stored IN THE MAVIC itself.  This makes it very easy to move from device to device.  You must have not completely powered-down the Mavic & R/C.
2017-2-23
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 07:40
Strange, all of the settings are stored IN THE MAVIC itself.  This makes it very easy to move from device to device.  You must have not completely powered-down the Mavic & R/C.

At least in my limited experience, it appears that when you connect a new app/different device with configs set differently than currently on the drone, those get applied to the drone. It doesn't download from drone to app. I could be mistaken as I've really only done this once but I believe I lost all the stick control settings and camera settings I had on my primary device.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Stavo Posted at 2017-2-23 08:04
At least in my limited experience, it appears that when you connect a new app/different device with configs set differently than currently on the drone, those get applied to the drone. It doesn't download from drone to app. I could be mistaken as I've really only done this once but I believe I lost all the stick control settings and camera settings I had on my primary device.

No, I've done this on 6 devices now.  If you don't mess with DJI GO 4 at all until you actually connect that device to the Mavic (don't go in there & mess with settings with NO drone connected).  Are you going into the app and trying to set it all up manually before even connecting the drone, or something?  You're doing something extra or not correctly.

So, if you connect a new device to the Mavic, it absolutely will populate ALL of the settings to the new device.  That is how it is designed and that is how it truly functions.
2017-2-23
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 08:17
No, I've done this on 6 devices now.  If you don't mess with DJI GO 4 at all until you actually connect that device to the Mavic (don't go in there & mess with settings with NO drone connected).  Are you going into the app and trying to set it all up manually before even connecting the drone, or something?  You're doing something extra or not correctly.

So, if you connect a new device to the Mavic, it absolutely will populate ALL of the settings to the new device.  That is how it is designed and that is how it truly functions.

Thanks. I was probably in there checking/setting something. Will have to try again.
2017-2-23
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Stavo Posted at 2017-2-23 09:54
Thanks. I was probably in there checking/setting something. Will have to try again.

Here's how I make the connections for Start up in this specific order.  Disconnect the controller cable from the top left hand side of the controller.  Connect the other end of the cable to your phone or tablet and insert the phone into the controller arms securely. Turn the controller on followed by the Mavic and wait for the two to connect and then insert the free end of the cable into the controller. This should activate the phone to automatically prompt you to open the dji go app or any other app that you have used in the past to control the Mavic installed on your device like Litchi for example. This way the Mavic will retain the settings from the previous time it was used.
2017-2-23
Use props
fh-hillsboro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140112 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 08:17

OK, that's probably what I'm doing wrong - fooling around with the app when the Mavic is not connected.  Thanks for the info.  Now, I'm off to try and figure out all the FAA rules.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules