The crow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5797 ft
United Kingdom

hi
a friend on mine is considering buying a second hand p4
if he takes his phone with the dji go app on and connects to the p4
will it give all the flight info, distance flown ,battery charges e.c.t
or does it have to be on the device it has been used on,also what if it has been used on more than one device
thanks

2017-2-23
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How many  crashes? That is the question. Of course battery life and  so on is also important , most of the secondhand drones  will not have many many flights.. How about warranty? Do you get a  an invoice?  No invoice is no warranty... i prefer to pay more for a unit with full warranty..  But if the price is right..say 60%  ..You can do some gambling..
2017-2-23
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hm my post cannot longer be edited...I think  a user is able to delete flight logs.
2017-2-23
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Most of the info is stored with the users logon, thus you wont have access to it unless the previous owner shows you the data.
Only useful info I can remember being accessible without the logon is the battery info and you could be given a battery with only 2 flights when the aircraft has done 200.

However I wouldn't worry, the P4 doesn't appear to wear out very fast, most problems are a result of crashes or landing in water so if you can get a demonstration of it flying properly then it is probably a good aircraft. Without a demonstration it is risky unless you can buy it via a dealer who can give some warrantee.
2017-2-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A demonstration flight and check all works well sounds good, I would pay particular attention to the gimbal and camera and make sure all is working there, no strange noises. Check that the UV filter screws on and off, the threads could be easily damaged.
The seller should be able to show you his/her flight record to give some idea as to the usage.

As to the warranty, check with DJI but the warranty runs from when the aircraft was first activated and as far as I remember continues to new owner (please check, my memory could be wrong ).
2017-2-23
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

The app has all flight records as well as statistics like total airtime, battery recharges. Don't know if you can see that on your own phone but on the phone which flew the drone you should see all that data. I don't see why a guy would sell a good drone, but if you feel lucky then why not?
2017-2-23
Use props
fans552e88a2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WindSoul Posted at 2017-2-23 22:44
The app has all flight records as well as statistics like total airtime, battery recharges. Don't know if you can see that on your own phone but on the phone which flew the drone you should see all that data. I don't see why a guy would sell a good drone, but if you feel lucky then why not?

To fund an upgrade? lol
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules