DJI GO 4.0.3 what's new?
2144 13 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

Can anyone tell me what the newer update on the DJI Go 4.0.3 app includes. Does it fix the issues with Android?
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

They added all the iOS features (focus peaking, Cinematic Mode adjustment sliders, and a Continuous AF toggle).  The battery drain, incorrect Imperial values, and HERE Maps are still present.  Your EXP setting & perhaps others get defaulted to something else (check your settings).  It's a worthwhile update since it doesn't seem to INTRODUCE any new issues.  
2017-2-23
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

Thanks for the info. Was hoping to hear that it fixed the constant disconnection and lag time issues with Android. Also the Mavic's erratic behavior as well with the DJI GO 4 app. Won't update until these issues are fixed as I don't trust flying with this version and will stick with previous version until then.
2017-2-23
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Spain

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-2-23 11:42
Thanks for the info. Was hoping to hear that it fixed the constant disconnection and lag time issues with Android. Also the Mavic's erratic behavior as well with the DJI GO 4 app. Won't update until these issues are fixed as I don't trust flying with this version and will stick with previous version until then.

For the disconnects you should really try to use the bottom usb port (removing the side one) as a lot of cables are faulty. Also, I have found that rebooting my cellphone (S7) typically gets rid of all the video disconnection issues I had in a few flights. I think that the battery drain bug has as side effect some kind of memory consumption/file blocking that in the end causes issues, so rebooting fixes that.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-2-23 11:42

I didnt know you could use GoApp3 due to being forced to upgrade to GoCrap4.
It would not let me use app the other day unless i updated.

Now i get app crashes/disconnects.
I am now seriously considering a charge back for this POS mavic that does not perform as it was intended to.
2017-2-23
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-23 12:25
For the disconnects you should really try to use the bottom usb port (removing the side one) as a lot of cables are faulty. Also, I have found that rebooting my cellphone (S7) typically gets rid of all the video disconnection issues I had in a few flights. I think that the battery drain bug has as side effect some kind of memory consumption/file blocking that in the end causes issues, so rebooting fixes that.

Bottom USB port is not a fix, still disconnects every single flight on Android.  Rebooting the system?  Well I am sure many people like me carry an android device just for flying and due to batteries generally not being the same as Apple devices we turn them off till next flight, but still Android disconnects.  I can't talk for the current update being a fix as we have Doris Hurricane in the UK today so we are grounded.
2017-2-23
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-23 12:25

Tried that plus some and still had the same issues. So am sticking with the earlier version and not dealing with the issues for now anyways,
2017-2-23
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-23 14:56

Yup, just uninstall GO4 and reinstall GO3. I'm not having any issues with it thus far. Even did a Firmware update with it today as well.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-2-23 14:56

Try a new POS device before blaming the Mavic.  

There are tons of people on the Play Store that complain about how horrible & POS some apps are, but it's their phone.  They've got a setting in there or have changed 'something' so that it doesn't run as it should.  You can rebut all you want, but it's the phone/OS version.
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 17:20

There are tons of people on the Play Store that complain about how horrible & POS some apps are, but it's their phone.  They've got a setting in there or have changed 'something' so that it doesn't run as it should.  You can rebut all you want, but it's the phone/OS version.

" You can rebut all you want, but it's the phone/OS version. "

BS!!
The GoApp3 worked perfectly without issue for 45 flights on my phone.
Same phone after update to GoCrap4 and flight # 46 results in app crash, just as people warned it would do.
POS = Piece of Sh!t, so i dont know what your on about.
One day this phone is good enough and works perfect, has excellent video, cpu and RAM performance, but an update to GoCrap4  which crashes is somehow my phones fault?
2017-2-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-2-23 16:58
Yup, just uninstall GO4 and reinstall GO3. I'm not having any issues with it thus far. Even did a Firmware update with it today as well.

Thanks Jim, i will try that.
2017-2-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

This is what's new:

WHAT'S NEW

Inspire 2(with version 1.0.240 firmware):
-Added CSG switch in TapFly
-Added Profile Mode in ActiveTrack
-Added support for setting parameters in Tripod Mode
-Optimized smart LED settings
-Added FPV display(smartphone version)
Mavic Pro:
-Enabled notification when installing or removing propeller cage
-Add AFC switch
Editor:
-Added file-sharing support for WeChat
-Added Transition feature
General:
-Added offline map support
-Added Facebook Live support

Still missing the radar.
I have noticed that there is now a listing of all the warnings. Very handy.
2017-2-23
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-23 17:20

It's not the Mavic that's at blame but the GO4 app. It just doesn't seem to play nice with a lot of Android devices that work well with GO3 app. So I'll continue to fly my Mavic using GO3 and feel secure  while flying it and have no errors and fears of crashing.
2017-2-24
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-2-24 00:01
It's not the Mavic that's at blame but the GO4 app. It just doesn't seem to play nice with a lot of Android devices that work well with GO3 app. So I'll continue to fly my Mavic using GO3 and feel secure  while flying it and have no errors and fears of crashing.

Well you guys have got it all figured out then.  Enjoy your Mavics!  
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules