lvl.1
United States

edit edit edit
2017-2-23
Use props
foot.age
lvl.1

United States

As someone that has no idea technically speaking, yup!

Honestly though, I can't remember what I read in the manual. I think that's very close to the ok zone. I have heard you might want to warm up your drone / batteries before you fly though.
2017-2-23
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The operating range for the Mavic camera, ((found here in the DJI Mavic Pro spec sheet), is 32° to 104° F ( 0° to 40° C ) so you might want to fly with the clear gimbal cover on the help keep the gimbal/camera warm. As foot.age points out, the key to cold weather operations is keeping the battery warm before powering the aircraft on.
2017-2-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Carry the battery inside your jacket, close to your body to keep it warm before flying.  The main thing is to make sure your battery is warm when you start.  Battery drain by the drone will keep it warm while you are flying.  i fly well into the teens (P3A).  Go easy on the throttle and rapid movement, changes of direction, etc.
2017-2-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I flown many times in those conditions or colder. The key is to keep your battery warm prior to flight (keep it in an inside pocket or use heating pads. I use 3m gel packs which I warm in the microwave).  I have flown down to 8 def F over 14,000 feet with winds gusting to 25 mph and still gotten good video. Here is a video from a flight just a week after I got my Mavic.

2017-2-23
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I fly at these temperatures on a daily basis. What is important is to start with a room temperature battery.
org_e4c9f521210cb133_1486470927000.jpg
2017-2-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

yea just keep your battery warm, and watch your battery level as the cold may affect the flight time.
2017-2-23
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

Agree with others, if I waited for the temp to hit 35 I would be waiting until August ;)  Warm batteries are key.  I have personally, non-scientifically come to the conclusion that some issues I have had were related to cold, gimbal level is one, but again just a guess, because other times it is level in the same conditions.  
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules