New to this kind of drown Photography
1236 8 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ndwgolf
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I have never owned a drown before and plan to buy the Inspire 1 when I get back home in two weeks time. I have a few questions.
1/. What's the best SD cards to get and what size
2/. Should I get the duel controller or just get the single to start with........both me and my wife plan to play with this thing
3/. Is it really as easy as what the Youtube videos say it is to use.....fly
4/. Can you charge the batteries with a car charger

Thanks in advance
Regards

Neil
2015-2-22
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Neil, I say go for it. I have been a photographer for 20+ years, I never had a desire to fly any type of RC until I found the Inspire 1. The unit is easy to fly after a little practice. The camera is as decent as you would expect from a $3500 unit including flight capabilities. I got the 2 remotes but I have not even had a chance to use the 2nd controller. My wife is happy to have me out of the house and flying solo... if your wife is into it then it could be a good experience flying with your partner but it is not a necessity. It is easy to use but make sure to read and understand the manual and definitely read through the forum to get an understanding of issues. Spare parts are limited and very hard to find so fly carefully in the beginning.
2015-2-22
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

I'm hoping you'll find a local dealer to buy from , and for some advice and one on one , or someone with a small quad copter that could let you try it out first , or buy a small hubsan for 40 or 50 bucks to get the feel ,,,, if $$$  and the possible loss and more $$$ money are not a problem then I would say go for it , read all the directions completley and if Yer any good at gadgets and such you could succeed .
2015-2-22
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

1. 64, fastest you can afford
2. Duel if you got the $
3. This DRONE is not easy to fly.
4. Yes
2015-2-22
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Neil, the Inspire 1 is surprisingly easy to fly.   Do your homework and read through the manual a few times before it arrives and try the simulator before flying the first time.

But with GPS, auto take-off/land and all the other features, it's a dream, even for a beginner.  

2015-2-22
Use props
ndwgolf
New

United Kingdom

jimhare Posted at 2015-2-23 12:06
Neil, the Inspire 1 is surprisingly easy to fly.   Do your homework and read through the manual a fe ...

Hi Jim
Thanks for the feedback..............I will definitely take care of instructions and cant wait to get my hand on this piece of equipment
2015-2-23
Use props
ndwgolf
New

United Kingdom

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-23 11:46
1. 64, fastest you can afford
2. Duel if you got the $
3. This DRONE is not easy to fly.

Thank you Sir
2015-2-23
Use props
ndwgolf
New

United Kingdom

daver/m Posted at 2015-2-23 11:24
I'm hoping you'll find a local dealer to buy from , and for some advice and one on one , or someone  ...

I like the idea of buying the small copter first to try it out.........just not sure my patience will allow me to wait and try first
2015-2-23
Use props
ndwgolf
New

United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-2-23 02:23
Neil, I say go for it. I have been a photographer for 20+ years, I never had a desire to fly any typ ...

Thanks for the advice Mark and yes I have already found loads of info on this forum
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules