12Next >
3608 56 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

been looking at getting a drone a good one and the mavic seems to fit everything I want in drone, been researching them for a while and watch a ton of youtube videos. but the more I read in the forms of all the errors and issues everyone is having , is it really worth spending $1000 on a drone that might work.  and  if it doesn't is it really that hard to get help from tech support? I am ready to place a order just having a hard time pressing the button on it.  any over all thoughts on the mavic  , good drone or stay away from it.
2017-2-23
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

People that don't have problems don't post how well they are working. People only complain about the bad and a large majority are user error.
2017-2-23
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

You are not reading anything from those users who have fun with their Mavic and where the Mavic performs just as intended. All product forums have a bad bias because this is the first place where people post their troubles.

There are many people around here (like me) who have not had any of the issues you can read about here. OK, the app sometimes crashesand some things are not perfect. But in general the MAvic works very fine so far.
What you can learn from the forums is indeed, how a company treats its customers.
2017-2-23
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Received mine in November, 100% happy customer, zero issues, its an awesome thing.
But if your not sure about the purchase, then do more research.
I don't think you will find anything else out now that can compete with the Mavic.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

Great drone nothing in its size can compete for now...just the service.
2017-2-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

There should be no risk of getting "a $1000 drone that may not work". It will work and does for most of us. If not, DJI will fix it.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have said, there are a fraction that may experience some difficulty but by far the vast majority are 100% perfect and people just don't post the positive.
The aircraft has a 1yr warranty so if there ever was something wrong it's covered by the warranty.
And then there's the incredible DJI offering to purchase DJI Care Refresh which will replace your aircraft if you crash it and it's totally you fault.

I can honestly say that there is not another drone in the world that has the technology, camera quality, and portability for the price of the Mavic.
It truly is an amazing aircraft and has a great camera for it's size.
I use it much more then I thought I ever would and that's because use of it's portability so I take it most everywhere I go. For that reason alone is the best feature of the Mavic for me, and I'm sure for thousands of other Mavic owners.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansfbcae36d
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The value of the mavic in its ability, agility and the experience gained is worth more than the price tag...I would highly recommend
2017-2-23
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

After owning phantom 1, 2, 3 and 4, I can safely say that the Mavic Pro is the absolute best drone I've ever owned. I will never go back to a phantom again.
2017-2-23
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

It is a great drone and people love it, that is why we complain about the slightest imperfection; ever hear people talk about their kids - same thing.  I am having app difficulty right now but I still go home and take it out and look/polish/clean it everyday and place it back safely in its shrine.  It is an absolute amazing machine.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Most people are likely yo complain about something, then the other people who are out enjoying the Mavic.

I love the Mavic its a great drone especially for the $1000 price tag.
2017-2-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

See Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?
2017-2-23
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

The Mavic pro is (by far)  the best all-round drone right now - but your choice of drone should come down to what you want it for and how much you are prepared to spend.
2017-2-23
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Another happy customer.  This my first DJI product and very happy.  Taking it to fly over water for the first time this weekend and excited to do it.
There is a lot to learn but all you need to do is read the manual and it is actually quite good.  A lot of the issues you see are from first timers that DIDN'T take the time to read the manual one or two times.  It is not a toy that you just throw up in the air.  
The funny thing is that after reading about what to do the first flight the thing just lifted off and hovered and did exactly what I told it to.  It is an amazing machine.  
2017-2-23
Use props
SkySailorMan
First Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

I'm another 100% satisfied customer with a perfectly functioning aircraft. I come to this forum generally to learn from others and to offer an occasional opinion or ask a question.
2017-2-23
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Buy it, but be smart about it...  Buy it here in the US.  Be persistent on Best Buy's website especially.  I purchased 2 from there before Christmas.  The 1st had "the" focus issue.  I was extremely lucky a few days afterwards on BB's site, once again.   Had another Mavic in 2 days from them.  I took the 1st Mavic in to return it at the same time I picked up the 2nd just to make things easy.  They did the typical "we're very sorry" and didn't care much about anything else...  BB is awesome!  Yea I paid a little more because of tax, but that's the price for peace of mind.

I'd suggest getting drone insurance (personal articles policy) from State Farm.  It's crazy cheap and now you've basically got a warranty from a 3rd-party.
2017-2-23
Use props
xordium
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79219 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-23 14:12
As others have said, there are a fraction that may experience some difficulty but by far the vast majority are 100% perfect and people just don't post the positive.
The aircraft has a 1yr warranty so if there ever was something wrong it's covered by the warranty.
And then there's the incredible DJI offering to purchase DJI Care Refresh which will replace your aircraft if you crash it and it's totally you fault.

Except that sometimes DJI DOESN'T honour the warranty when they should.   In cases where it is clearly a drone failure, DJI  claims "not enough information" and walks away.

My horror story here https://forum.dji.com/thread-84239-1-2.html of a drone that failed over water, refusal to honour warranty, refusal to honour DJI Care Refresh (because the drone failed over water and obviously sunk) - and shocking customer service throughout the entire episode.

And if you think it's an islolated incident of failing mid air for no reason, check out these guys (most of whom were lucky enough to get warranty replacements:
This one:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-71911-1-1.html
Another one here:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-84875-1-1.html  
This guy: https://forum.dji.com/thread-81256-1-31.html
And another: https://forum.dji.com/thread-84621-1-1.html

In sum, the drone is great when it works - the customer support and warranty are far far behind where they should be, so just pray you get a drone that works.
2017-2-23
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

Dude. go and buy a Mavic, it's simply outstanding.
2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same here... since the first batch and NO ISSUES just happinesssss flying that little bird...
2017-2-23
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Overall, it's an amazing product. There are definitely some bugs that some of us are experiencing, but it seems like the most dangerous ones have been fixed with the newer firmwares.

When it comes to customer service... There certainly have been some horror stories, and DJI sometimes seems to be quite unfair with their warranty claims (eg. @xordium above). It seems like a bit of luck of the draw. Others have received prompt and helpful service.
2017-2-23
Use props
Nic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604242 ft
South Africa

Had mine since beginning of December and have flown it over 130km without trouble. Easiest thing I have ever flown but still great fun.

If everyone came to the forums to report their good flights the negatives experiences would  be drowned down to hundreths if not thousands of a %.
2017-2-23
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Get the fly more combo. If you have never flown a drone before you may want to by a small "toy" drone first.

I bought mine from Drone-World and received a free mini drone with my purchase. I confess that in some ways, I like flying the mini drone indoors than flying my Mavic.

If you are really into video and photography and that is the primary reason you are buying it then go for it.

A while ago I posted a thread were these guys on youtube nock the snot out of the drone and it still flies. Even in the end the camera still works although the gimbal gets obliterated.

They throw basket balls and Barbie dolls at it, lit it on fire and also shoot water at it with some decent size super soakers, still flew.

I also like that you can use the batteries to charge various usb enabled devices.   
2017-2-24
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with everyone here.  Awesome quad!  I have had Phantom 2V+, 3 Pro, 4, and now own a P4P, I2 and the Mavic...Love them all.  The Mavic is most portable and fun to fly.  A toy?  Yes and no.  Depends on what you use it for.  I personally have used it to take awesome video's and photo's...then I just put it in sport mode and GO!  Haha, pull the trigger, you'll be happy you did.
2017-2-24
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
United States

Thanks to all for the good reviews , I will be looking to place my order soon for the fly more package
Jim
2017-2-24
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-23 14:52
See Enough of Mavic Horror Stories, any 90% satisfied pilots?

I posted the thread cause I was worried before my Mavic arrived.  I'm 120% satisfied.
2017-2-24
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

Understand it limitations and take the marketing angle presented with a grain of salt as you should with any product. Also know that at least at the moment if you're unlucky enough to have to work with DJI directly due to a problem with the unit you buy it will likely take some patience on your part.

I'd buy another one if something happened to mine assuming I wanted to spend the money. It's not inexpensive. It's not a professional level photography platform. It's hand holding flight technology is not fool proof nor completely glitch free. It's fairly delicate, especially the gimble. The follow-me and active track flight modes are somewhat limited in practical usefulness (meaning they simply do not work as well or dependably as I thought they would).

All that said... It flys extremely well, especially with OA disabled, the gimble works well and gives a steady shot, the camera is on par with a high end cell phone camera, and it packs into a very small footprint which makes it orders of magnitude better than other drones on the market if portability, long range flights and/or 20+ minute flight times is high on your list.  
2017-2-24
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

I've owned a number of RC craft, including multiple  Phantoms. Phantom were heads above anything the competition had when the Phantoms were released.  
The Mavic raises that bar even further, in my opinion.

I challenge you to go on the market and find any competing product to the Mavic that even remotely comes close in features, range, performance, warranty...as the Mavic. You simply wont find it. No one comes CLOSE
2017-2-24
Use props
fans565183da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109150 ft
United Kingdom

Just buy one - you won't be dissapointed.
Like others have said, forums are always full of issues / rants.
People who are enjoying their Mavic aren't on the Forums looking for answers, or going to vent their frustrations - they are outside flying their awesome new drone! (weather permitting of course!)
2017-2-24
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

The Mavic is my first drone, its biggest selling point to why I got it, its sooo portable and easy to set up. Its by far the most stable flying drone I have seen. Most the guys in my studio are highly considering it because it has really cool features like Active Track, Gesture and Tripod Modes. Flying is simply easy and fun. DO IT!
2017-2-24
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

100% satisfied Mavic owner here. Only problems I've encountered are BDU problems (Brain Dead User.... self inflicted). Glad I got mine in January, so I can become proficient and enjoy spring time in Colorado
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting your experiences everyone, the Mavic is an incredible aircraft.

2017-2-24
Use props
Mavicfan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146161 ft
United States

Mine has been flawless.
2017-2-24
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I want to add more information to give OP a little more confidence.
I had own P3A and now P4 and Mavic in next few hours. With P4, I have no problem at all even though I do not fly a lot but enough time to see if it ha problem.
I flew it over a lake for over 4000ft distance few times and I am confident about P4 performance.
However, when I read P4 forums, most I see are people's problems.
For Mavic, I believe there are a ton of new and first time pilots with Mavic because DJI had a great commercial about it, so most of problems I believe again are pilots errors.
So, watch tutorial videos, read manuals carefully before flying just similar to commercial pilots, they must read manuals before taking off each flight.
2017-2-24
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
United States

went to buy this little drone and put all my information in and DJI wants my bank ID and password to my account .... what is that all about .
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

xordium Posted at 2017-2-23 18:04
Except that sometimes DJI DOESN'T honour the warranty when they should.   In cases where it is clearly a drone failure, DJI  claims "not enough information" and walks away.

My horror story here https://forum.dji.com/thread-84239-1-2.html of a drone that failed over water, refusal to honour warranty, refusal to honour DJI Care Refresh (because the drone failed over water and obviously sunk) - and shocking customer service throughout the entire episode.

Your thread has been taken down what was the outcome? Or should I say what was dji findings.
2017-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

“If you're looking for the bad things in life, then you will find it. If you search for the good things then it is what you find.”
2017-2-24
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-2-24 11:21
went to buy this little drone and put all my information in and DJI wants my bank ID and password to my account .... what is that all about .

I paid via PayPal with no problems.  I have never heard of a company wanting someone's password for anything.  I would never give that out.  Are you going direct to DJI or is it a reseller?
Either way don't give your password to anyone.
2017-2-24
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
United States

it was DJI site , I did not give my passwords or account ID I'll try paypal
2017-2-24
Use props
xordium
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79219 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-24 11:41
Your thread has been taken down what was the outcome? Or should I say what was dji findings.

Hey hallmark, they moved my post to the service forum, out of Mavic forum, it's still running here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=86402&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost%26orderby%3Dlastpost

No resolution yet, but hopefully the mods here can get some better behaviour out of support...
2017-2-24
Use props
ngvuanh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-2-24 12:04
it was DJI site , I did not give my passwords or account ID I'll try paypal

If you don't login to your PayPal account using your email and password, you won't be able to pay using PayPal.
So, make sure you type in on your browser www.dji.com and go from there, you would be fine to complete your order.
2017-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules