High noise in still images
1668 9 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leecanning
lvl.1
Australia

hi,

i seem to have trouble with my still images,  i shoot in raw and jpeg, both seem to have excess noise/artifacts, and this is when shot in bright daylight at 100iso.
i dont think it has to do with focus.
this image has not been processed.  zoom in a bit and look around.
can anyone help me?

DJI_0216.jpg
2017-2-23
Use props
Todka
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

Hi Lee.
Can you post either the DNG or the full res JPG. This image has been shrunk/compressed. The DNG should be around 35mb or the JPPB around 8mb.
From what I can see on this JPG it doesnt look too bad, however I have been shooting some low light frames at 1600 ISO and the noise there is quite poor. I though this sony sensor was better at high ISO. Not sure why it is so bad. My P3 i would expect that, but the P4P sensor I anticipated better given the Sony RX100V doesn;t seem to be so affected. 3200 was very poor.  
How familiar are you with post processing? Some noise reduction in Lightroom, Photoshop or Topaz Denoise works very well.

If you post full res up Ill take a closer look. Probably you will need to share a dropbox link or equivalent given file size.

Cheers.
2017-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Like Todka says, I would like to see the original, but my first impression is that the shot is way underexposed.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I concur, it would be best to see an original file. Most customers use Dropbox to send over a sample picture.
2017-2-24
Use props
Leecanning
lvl.1
Australia

https://we.tl/WsNP0M2qJ3

see how that goes
2017-2-24
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi,
The blue channel use to be very sensitive to underexposure and polarazing filters, especialy in tiny sensors with limited latitude. Try to get your exposure right during capture and always use DNG. In ACR (Photoshop CC and LR) make sure that the file is in 16 bits prior to editing. Even so, I like to use Topaz DeNoise to clean the skies. Your picture turned out ok after a little editing. Best Regards and all the luck with your Phantom.
Topaz.jpg
2017-2-24
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

nice pix
2017-2-24
Use props
Leecanning
lvl.1
Australia

do you think the noise can be a result of movement of the camera during capture? i took a number of shots yesterday at a different place and some seemed much better than others.
thanks for having a look at my pic
also when i use tap to focus before taking a photo, when it zoom in, it never looks sharp at all,  and no matter if i use manual focus the scene never seems to look anywhere near focused on the screen (ipad air)
2017-2-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Leecanning Posted at 2017-2-24 17:48
do you think the noise can be a result of movement of the camera during capture? i took a number of shots yesterday at a different place and some seemed much better than others.
thanks for having a look at my pic
also when i use tap to focus before taking a photo, when it zoom in, it never looks sharp at all,  and no matter if i use manual focus the scene never seems to look anywhere near focused on the screen (ipad air)

No, noise is not introduced by movement, it is usually caused by having a very high ISO setting and shooting in either low light or underexposing the shot.
2017-2-24
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Seems to process up well enough. Some noise in the red channel as the file was underexposed by about a stop.

DJI_0217.jpg
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules