Compatibility of DJI P2+H3-2D Phantom 2 Quadcopter with Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal
2105 3 2014-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
celebrate1203
lvl.1

United States

I am planning on purchasing off of Amazon just after the New Year a New DJI Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-3d Gimbal GPS UAV Rc Quadcopter Drone 2.4ghz I also plan on purchasing for this GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition video camera.
I don't really know all the compatibility of frequencies but I want to be able to attach a monitor to the remote control so I am able to see the perspective of the quad copter in flight from the perspective of the Go Pro camera.
I heard that you can use a smartphone if you put it in airplane mode.
I am planning on getting either a iphone 6 0r 6 plus that I could use as the monitor on my remote control.
Can anyone tell me if all of this is compatible and if not tell me a link to go to show me a monitor that would be compatible?
I know you can download a app from DJI for your smartphone and I do have that app on my older iphone now. I just want to know if I can indeed use my iphone as a video monitor and still use the controller?
Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
I am new at this and want to do it right the first time.
Thanks much
Larry   
2014-10-7
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

A few things to think about.
The H3-2D gimbal is for the GoPro Hero 3.
The Vision app is for the Vision and Vision + only, it will not work with a standard P2.
There are many FPV kits available, so you will need to choose one at a budget you can afford.
2014-10-7
Use props
celebrate1203
lvl.1

United States

Woah...... Thanks John for the response. I just caught myself in a mistake in my posting. I meant to say that I was purchasing a New DJI Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H3-3d Gimbal GPS UAV Rc Quadcopter Drone 2.4ghz
2014-10-7
Use props
daniel.huang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233 ft
United States

Hi, As John said, P2+H3-3D is not compatible with vision/vison+ app, which mean you can not use a phone as monitor in your current options. however FPV kits (video transmission+monitor) are available
Note that vision phone app only works with vision or vision+.
2014-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules