Wireless Thumb Controller for the DJI Ronin
6233 32 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Can we please get a release date of when this will become available?

Thank you

2015-2-22
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

Can we get an answer about this?

Thank you!
2015-2-26
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

When will the "NEW DJI" wireless thumb controller be available?

Thank you
2015-3-2
Use props
info
lvl.1

Italy

I am intrested too. There are many other options now in the market and i need to know if is worth waiting.
2015-3-12
Use props
acupo
New

United States

Any word on a release date of when this will become available?
2015-4-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

coming soon, please keep an eye our DJI official website
2015-4-21
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-4-22 09:53
coming soon, please keep an eye our DJI official website

Any idea on estimated price, functions...
2015-5-1
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

igarti Posted at 2015-5-2 01:02
Any idea on estimated price, functions...

Not sure the price currently
2015-5-3
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

Hi,
Any progress since the last month?
2015-5-31
Use props
Danw
lvl.1

United States

You definitely do not seem quite ready for this release. No Android App, no accessories, very little support...not a good start for sure. Everything is either "Coming Soon" or sold out.
2015-6-1
Use props
DJI-Darryl
lvl.2

United States

It's available now in the store,
http://store.dji.com/product/wireless-thumb-controller-for-ronin
B&H has it also for pre-order
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/se ... amp;Top+Nav-Search=
2015-6-8
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Darryl Posted at 2015-6-9 00:13
It's available now in the store,
http://store.dji.com/product/wireless-thumb-controller-for-ronin
B& ...

I wouldn't trust their availability on their store. They had the Ronin-M "available" about a month before it was ever shipped to me. This is just a great example of a company that can't deliver on their promises
2015-6-8
Use props
Flophouse
lvl.1

Canada

$169 for the Ronin M, $189 for the Ronin version. The regular Ronin version has an extra transmitter, what's the difference?  Also, please make the thumbstick controller a selectable option when ordering the Ronin M , instead of the bigger remote control unit. One man crews like myself can't work the bigger remote controller when holding the gimbal so the thumbstick makes sense. There should be an option when ordering a Ronin M to select either the remote unit or the thumbstick.
2015-6-9
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Flophouse Posted at 2015-6-9 23:58
$169 for the Ronin M, $189 for the Ronin version. The regular Ronin version has an extra transmitter ...

Ronin M can use its own inbuilt receiver, Ronin needs a extra transmitter. This is their difference.
2015-6-10
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

So what should I need for my Ronin-M thumb controller? just this

http://store.dji.com/product/wir ... troller-for-ronin-m
2015-6-10
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

yup just that, everything else is built into the ronin-m
2015-6-10
Use props
lasvegasvideopr
New

United States

I ordered my Ronin-M thumb controller from the DJI store on June 11, six days ago.... and haven't received a tracking number yet.   Is this item really in stock?
2015-6-17
Use props
oxproduct
lvl.1

Germany

lasvegasvideopr Posted at 2015-6-17 17:52
I ordered my Ronin-M thumb controller from the DJI store on June 11, six days ago.... and haven't r ...

Same problem! My friend in USA leave 18 june, and i don't know how i get TC to Russia without him
2015-6-17
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

Anyone got their thumb controller yet. I ask both dealers in HK and Peking, said DJI have no delivery dates for them yet.

Anyone ordered the tilt bar extension rods from DJI?
2015-6-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

It is shipping now, please wait patiently
2015-6-22
Use props
LasVegasVideoPr
New

United States

Finally!.... Yesterday, (June 30)  I received an email that my order shipped!  I checked DJI's site and according to my FED EX tracking number,  I should have my Ronin-M thumbstick this Friday (7/3/15) by 10:30 am.     

I don't understand why initially DJI announced the item as  "available" back in early June... instead of "coming soon".   And I don't know why  someone  from DJI with (English as their primary language) can't spend a few hours each day answering questions on their OWN forum.  I didn't get an email response regarding my tracking number question for 17 days... I'm not kidding... 17 DAYS!!!   

I'm happy with my Ronin-M purchase, but I'm frustrated with DJI.  Unfortunately this experience reinforced their bad customer service reputation.

2015-7-1
Use props
nick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194239 ft
United States

I got my tracking number yesterday
2015-7-1
Use props
silvertonesx24
lvl.1

United States

LasVegasVideoPr Posted at 2015-7-2 06:34
Finally!.... Yesterday, (June 30)  I received an email that my order shipped!  I checked DJI's site  ...

Let me know with your tracking updates- I have the same thing as you- scheduled delivery for tomorrow, apparently...but no updates
2015-7-2
Use props
icegnat
lvl.2
Canada

Does anyone know if a location that has the thumb controller in stock? I'd buy it right this second! (And would rather not buy from the DJI store.)
2015-7-2
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

LasVegasVideoPr Posted at 2015-7-2 06:34
Finally!.... Yesterday, (June 30)  I received an email that my order shipped!  I checked DJI's site  ...

When was your order placed? I have yet to receive any email tracking and my account shows my card has been verified, but not charged. It has been a month. Let us know how yours works out.
2015-7-3
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

I got the wireless thumb controller for my DJI ronin and it doesn't work. It connects to the receiver fine, but the camera does not pan or tilt no matter what I do. I filled out a ticket with DJI and nobody has responded yet. I'm really bummed. email with any solutions: emotiondesigner(at )gmail.com
2015-7-17
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

Hi

Really disappointed with DJI and my thumb Controller. The point is that I've received it 2015-7-8 and I still haven't used it. The problem is that after a full charge of it I contented it to the Gimbal APP and saw a version 1.1 inside it. I try to make the update and when it finished I saw: An error occurred during the update and the update failed. I shat down the APP, disconnect the Thumb Controller of my Mac and since then has being impossible to switch it On. It only shows a red light when pushing the On/Off button. And nothing happens when the Override Button is activated.

A second problem has occurred and is that I've received Two reported tickets from the support Service, one from Europe (67384) and the from China (87199), but no action has being told me to do. NO RMA to change my Controller or so. Just nothing. ???
2015-7-20
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

I purchased the wireless thumb controller on July 7.
Today is July 23, and after numerous attempts (phone, online chat, email, support) to get help from DJI to resolve the fact that the controller does not work, all they did was send me a .pdf of the manual and a video that I already watched on the website when trying to setup the controller.

I'm really dissappointed in 1) the faulty product 2) the lack of support and service.

I definitely don't recommend the controller to anyone until someone verifies that they have resolved the issues and it actually works.

I followed all the instructions, watched the tutorial video and did all the steps.
I'm using the latest updates on the ronin, app, and controller.
The controller is paired with the receiver, but it just doesn't control the ronin at all.
I've tried all the menu options at least once and nothing works.

It simply just doesn't do anything.

Here is all the help i got:

"Your request (169308) has been solved. Please submit a new request if you have any further questions.

C. D.       
C. D. (DJI Technology )
Jul 23, 11:00

Dear **********,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.

Please use the following info provided in order to make sure that the thumb controller is bound with the Ronin. Please watch the video provided and read thru page 8 of the manual which is also attached in this email.

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Manual_en_v1.0.pdf

http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-thumb-controller/video

Thanks for flying DJI

DJI North America"

Really disappointing
2015-7-23
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

If you have the DJI ronin, definitely do not get the wireless thumb controller. I'm sure it probably works with the Ronin M but it does not work with the Ronin and don't expect to get any sort of timely or useful help from DJI on the issue right now.
The product is also too new still, so there don't seem to be any resources on how to fix it on any forums I looked at or from doing google searches.
There are alternative 3rd party products available that I have seen working in youtube videos.
So if you need thumb control of the ronin you're probably better off with a different product than the DJI wireless thumb controller.
2015-7-23
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

igarti Posted at 2015-7-21 00:48
Hi

Really disappointed with DJI and my thumb Controller. The point is that I've received it 2015-7 ...

Finally DJI Germany sent a DOA form. The Controller has being sent back to Germany (paid by me) by UPS and is expected to be delivered on Monday 27th. Wait and see...
2015-7-25
Use props
anemo.one
New

Netherlands

emotiondesigner Posted at 2015-7-18 13:05
I got the wireless thumb controller for my DJI ronin and it doesn't work. It connects to the receive ...

Of course you did, but if not...
Make sure you have upgraded your Ronin Assistant Software to V1.8  (remove software V1.4 from your computer first)
Then update your Ronin in the software to latest versions...

GCU latest version of 1.0 (switch Ronin on and off)
IMU from 2.3 to 3.0 (switch Ronin on and off)

Power on Ronin, reconnect your thumb receiver and power on your Thumb-Controller. It should work fine now.

I updated my Thumb-Controller after all these steps from 1.1 to 1.0
Works like a charm.

P.s.
With these updates you can control the original Ronin Controller, the Thumb-Controller and in my case the Futaba T14SG (with D.Bus cable) at the same time if needed. Now this I like... (choose settings: Controller Priority as needed)

---
Under construction, just posting this video because I can
https://vimeo.com/119911837

2015-8-1
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

What would you guys recommend, I need a thumb controller as I am a one man operator. I'm looking for the DJI Wireless Thumb Controller but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere, also there is an analog wired thumb controller from Aerialpixels.com... Thanks in advance.
2015-8-4
Use props
emotiondesigner
lvl.1

United States

I definitely don't recommend the DJI Wireless thumb controller at this time. I paid for mine on July 7. Posted on here that nobody had helped me with it yet July 23. Support walked me through all the updates of software and everything, still didn't work. They told me I needed to send it back for an exchange.
Last I heard from them was August 11. "You are eligible for an exchange but at this moment the Ronin thumb controller, but at this time the product is on back order. We expect to receive a shipment in the end of August."
It is now September 7, and I have not received any word from them or updates as to when I should expect one or if there are any delays.
I've never purchased something and went without the product for 2 whole months.
Maybe try aerialpixels. I don't know.
This experience ranks at the top of my list of bad customer experiences.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules