915 4 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyggen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321168 ft
Turkey

Hey guys!

I finally got my Mavic after months off waiting. Sold my P3P as soon as Mavic hit the news, so have been without a quad for way to long. I have flown4 batteries until now, and my new bird seems to work great. I only have 1 question that I hope you guys can help me with.

When I fly in P-mode and give full forward pitch, my bird doesnt go all out at once. It sometimes take a few seconds before it speeds up. I can seen the drone turning its nose down and after few seconds the nose drops more and speeds up. Does any1 know why its like that? Maybe its because of the sensors, but Im not sure

Happy flying from Turkey

2017-2-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I think it's a feature that provides for more stable video. I suspect if you switch to Sport mode you'll see your old Phantom's behavior.
2017-2-24
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the Mavic community, Skyggen!

Agree completely with Ex Machina, as you can adjust expo(s) and gains(s) as with your previous P3P. Cinematic and Tripod mode are great video creativity tools for the narrower field of view on the Mavic.

Whereas your P3P remote controller used classic control stick potentiometers and were very responsive to your control, the Mavic Pro needed to reduce the size of the remote controller!

Thus, the Mavic uses Hall Effect sensors below your mechanical control sticks. At the lower base of the stick is a magnet that moves above the sensors. Click here to read an article about joystick principles. As noted in the article, the quality of Hall Effect joysticks materials, effects the accuracy of the joystick. They are also very slightly slower than the classic "pot" joystick. This joystick style can contribute to a slightly mushier feel to the Mavic when compared to the P3P -> Not a problem or deficiency, just the beautiful design for it's intended purpose and market.

Like yourself, and others, I've found that coming from the P3 or Inspire, I need to adjust my piloting, with practice, to get accustom the to Mavic Controls.... It's a marvelous aircraft system!

P.S. I got introduced to DJI by a pilot flying a really nice Phantom 1 with GoPro over the Sultan Ahmet Mosque in Istanbul. He had a simply amazing setup....

2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also if you turn off the obstacle avoidance you will see it's quicker to start and has a little more speed as well.
Only disable if in a wide open area and not flying near objects.
2017-2-24
Use props
Skyggen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321168 ft
Turkey

Thanks for the replies. Did some more flying today and it seems to happen every now and then. Sometimes it takes 1 second and sometimes up to 3 seconds before the nose drops and speed kicks up. In sport mode it doesnt happen. Will try tommorow without Obstacle avoidance on.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules