Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calling all PROFESSIONALS in all industries - Share your PRICING
938 3 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samtay32
lvl.1

United States

Good morning all, what I'd like to do today is open a discussion about industry standards when it comes to the amount we should be charging. I myself am an amateur looking to get into the many opportunities there are in the droning industry. While researching I've noticed, amateurs not knowing what their professional time and services are worth by underpricing, and professionals understandably becoming upset due to a horde of newcomers undercutting the markets.

So today I'd like to ask the assistance of any and all professionals in any industry that drones can make an impact in to share their rates and quoting factors. Industries I can think of off the top of my head are as follows: (please if I miss your industry, add it in.)

Real estate
Insurance
Construction
Mining
Farming
Search and Rescue
Oil & Gas
Energy Sector (windmills....)
Survivance
Surveying
3D rendering
Mapping
2017-2-24
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

You know.....You should get the 107 thing and go from there.   You need to be very good at using a drone.....AND photography.   
You'll need to learn video editing like the back of your hand.
That will help you decide just what your time is worth.  Check into all the applications of UAS photography and decide which  "ones" you like the most.
Master the basics and get real good...if not no one will want what you produce.
Be one with your drone......and it will tell you your path grasshopper.....
Me...My wife tells me I have to learn mapping so she can use me for habitat restorations projects and Risk assessment .
Happy wife....happy life.
For me I'll have to know more about the mapping program then photography so should be easier then selling images.
Good luck and may the force be with you  
2017-2-24
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Advice above is rock solid. Focus on getting proficient before pricing. I am not sure how much work you'll get from Oil and Gas with a phantom...getting vetted to go onto any major facility, or work for them in general, requires more than just a 107.

I'm interested to see if anybody shares their pricing structure publicly like this, so following for that.
2017-2-24
Use props
Adam Chabok
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,  KlauGeomatics has announced a new PPK GPS technology for accurate aerial surveying using DJI drones without placing ground targets. See https://www.veritypositioning.com/ for more details.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules