User Recommendations for Forum Improvement
1020 9 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

I appreciate the assistance that I have gotten from this forum.  As a very new (January 2017) Phantom 3 Standard pilot I have relied upon the advice and "tips" that I have read from members.  My purpose in creating this new thread is to open the discussion of how this forum might be better organized for the benefit of DJI customers.  In order for input to be helpful to the forum moderators and programmers our comments need to be concise and focused on one recommendation for improvement in each post.  This way a single post can be copied to the forum operator or DJI entity that is responsible.

• One recommendation per post
  • Concise input
  • Describe the desired outcome of your recommendation
  • Be constructive
  • On topic   (this is about forum organization and navigation not about DJI products or their use)

2017-2-24
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Sort By: Function

When in a "Topic"

it would be helpful if the "sorted by" option included the ability to sort by post "banner" or subtopic.  Like, "Phantom 4", "Phantom 4 Pro", "Phantom 3 Std" ECT.  This would help in my case because I am only interested in the Phantom 3 Standard, GO APP, Video&Photo and General discussion topics.  It would allow me to see only posts that are concerning the type of Phantom I own and the subject I am interested in.
2017-2-24
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

I'm not sure why you have to qualify to do a search.  Newbies are probably most in need of the search function; instead we have to post redundant questions.
2017-2-24
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-24 14:04
The search is at the top right of the page, magnifying glass icon.

Example: http://forum.dji.com/search.php?mod=forum&from=topsearch&srchtxt=user%20recomendations&searchsubmit=1

Damn, I can't believe I missed that.  Duh!!
2017-2-25
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

sdevan45@cox.ne Posted at 2017-2-25 05:32
Damn, I can't believe I missed that.  Duh!!

Old age does that to you.
2017-2-25
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

In force this rule uniformly, "We will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity  filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory  posts." They (DJI) encourage us to report rule infractions, but than do nothing or even worse penalize that reporter by taking points off their profile for reporting the infraction. I had this happen to me when reporting posts that used profanity and use special characters or abbreviations to get by the filters.
2017-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-5 15:21
In force this rule uniformly, "We will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity  filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory  posts." They (DJI) encourage us to report rule infractions, but than do nothing or even worse penalize that reporter by taking points off their profile for reporting the infraction. I had this happen to me when reporting posts that used profanity and use special characters or abbreviations to get by the filters.

That's pretty rude. Oops, there goes another 100 points.
2017-3-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-5 15:32
That's pretty rude. Oops, there goes another 100 points.

No your good, and always are. We have a few hard headed members here, and some that come across as a bit arrogant. But that's fine because we have a diverse membership here. But when someone starts using profanity and/or name calling, that's beyond the pale. Make your point, even strongly argue your disagreement, but think it just shows a lack of depth when you lower yourself to name calling.
2017-3-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-5 15:51
No your good, and always are. We have a few hard headed members here, and some that come across as a bit arrogant. But that's fine because we have a diverse membership here. But when someone starts using profanity and/or name calling, that's beyond the pale. Make your point, even strongly argue your disagreement, but think it just shows a lack of depth when you lower yourself to name calling.

I hope you understood me, I was referring to the deduction of points as being rude, not you. I admit that I try to be objective and not call people by names, but some people are just sooooo tempting.
2017-3-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Lol, good luck keeping anything around here on-topic, they're not listening to your rules

There is already an official forum enhancement topic that the admins keep an eye on, probably best to keep it all in there.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-74896-1-1.html

at point losses
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules