Jerky Gimbal Movements on Phantom 2
733 0 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rray6
lvl.1

United States

I had a version 1 controller with my Phantom 2 (non-Vision) and H3-3D and a Hero 3+ Black.  A few months ago, I purchased the latest version controller (2 or 3) with the thumbwheel for gimbal control.  At first, it worked fine - I decided that I liked it better than the old lever style.  But just recently, it has started exhibiting very jerky movements.  When the gimbal and camera are at rest and I try to move the camera with the thumbwheel, it acts like it is slipping and is jerky for a second or two and then starts moving.  When it reaches the stopping point, it jerks and again acts like it is slipping.  This occurs all the time whether in flight mode or test mode at the work bench.  I have adjusted gain, tllt, updated all firmware and software, and re-calibrated everything but the jerky gimbal movement will not go away.  I was afraid my gimbal was failing.  On a whim, I got out my old version-1 controller and binded it to the Phantom.  The movement was silky smooth again.  No jerky movement with the old version-1 lever controller.  Could there be an inherent problem with the newer controller?  Or could it be that most of the new controllers are fine and I just happen to have a lemon?   I am curious if others have experienced this problem.  

One note - I have seen posts about problems with update 3.08.  I did do that update so I am not sure if that is related or not but it is beginning to sound like it.  Is there anyway to un-do updates?

Robert
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules