Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Be careful with JDI ND filters
1370 18 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikeee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242133 ft
Australia

Ok, got my ND filters "pretty fast i recon"  1 week about, anyway i used the filter today for first time and the ND4 for me seem to work best , as i do not do any editing etc, so straight from the box and get pretty good result, ( anyway i am happy!  Few Hrs later before it got dark ( just now) i wanted to make one more flight, i tried to take the filter off,  i think i was careful still in my hand it all come in apart 3 pieces!!!!!  In the end for now i do blame myself i maybe should be more careful, still if anyone just got these be very careful, if later more people might experince the same  then maybe question if it is a manafactory issue!?  now i wish i could buy set of ND4 as i did like, but i think that is not possible??
2017-2-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's tuff Mikeee , maybe stick up some photos,

Oh and just a heads up I think you meant DJI in your header but put JDI...
2017-2-25
Use props
Mikeee
lvl.1
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-25 01:46
That's tuff Mikeee , maybe stick up some photos,

Oh and just a heads up I think you meant DJI in your header but put JDI...

Hehehe Bloody typo, should be DJI
2017-2-25
Use props
Mikeee
lvl.1
Australia

Here is pic, of my mishap!

ND FILTER

ND FILTER
2017-2-25
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Mikeee Posted at 2017-2-25 02:05

DJI has already given a statement about broken glass at DJI ND Filters Broken Glass. They said: "A force that is much stronger than the required force [to take the lens off] is required for cracking the lens."
2017-2-25
Use props
Mikeee
lvl.1
Australia

Dronoob Posted at 2017-2-25 02:52
DJI has already given a statement about broken glass at DJI ND Filters Broken Glass. They said: "A force that is much stronger than the required force [to take the lens off] is required for cracking the lens."

Thanks, but there you go!!  now only problem is how much is too much force?  As i didn't  think i  used to much force, should be a smarter way to add filters so no force is required ( screw in type?)  still i do blame myself right or wrong!
2017-2-25
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United States

So glad I bought Taco RC ones.  Flawless, light and tough.   DJI seem to be losing the plot lately.
2017-2-25
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Mikeee Posted at 2017-2-25 03:29
Thanks, but there you go!!  now only problem is how much is too much force?  As i didn't  think i  used to much force, should be a smarter way to add filters so no force is required ( screw in type?)  still i do blame myself right or wrong!

From my point of view, the construction of those ND filters is quite optimistic. To remove the filter you have to bend the plastic, which puts some tension on the lens that is glued in. Too much tension and it cracks.

If DJI says, the cracks are a result of too much force, it is still a design failure as DJI under-estimated the force their customers use to take the lens off the camera. Let's hope, we will not se many more cracked lenses here.
2017-2-25
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Dronoob Posted at 2017-2-25 04:08
From my point of view, the construction of those ND filters is quite optimistic. To remove the filter you have to bend the plastic, which puts some tension on the lens that is glued in. Too much tension and it cracks.

If DJI says, the cracks are a result of too much force, it is still a design failure as DJI under-estimated the force their customers use to take the lens off the camera. Let's hope, we will not se many more cracked lenses here.

I agree. DJI could do something to help out their customers with very cheap parts.
At this moment I am very happy with my order at Taco
2017-2-25
Use props
Mikeee
lvl.1
Australia

Dronoob Posted at 2017-2-25 04:08

Yes so do i, therefore my post to others to take care.
2017-2-25
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Do the taco filters allow the gimbal to initialize/calibrate?
2017-2-25
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I have a spare set of 6 PolarPro filters that I no longer need, they are the standard set so you need to mount them after gimbal calibration.

I'd be willing to let them go for $40 (normally $99) shipped to conus, if anyone wants to upgrade (at a lower cost), send me a PM.

They are super easy on and off, no struggle at all.
2017-2-25
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I have pgytech filter set.they are fine. Sure one filter seems to have some quality issue in the glass..other than that they are perfect.
Light. Can stay on the lens and don't cause calibration issue at startup.
2017-2-25
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Mikeee Posted at 2017-2-25 02:05

Thank you, for passing the Info.  I have the same ones but i haven't try them yet. maybe file down one of the prong will help a easier take off you think?
2017-2-25
Use props
Zorker
lvl.1

United States

Gusmtb Posted at 2017-2-25 03:29
So glad I bought Taco RC ones.  Flawless, light and tough.   DJI seem to be losing the plot lately.

I did a fair amount of research and ended up choosing the Taco 5 lens set based on that research. They haven't gotten here (nor has my Mavic for that matter) so I can't provide any testimony. People who have them speak very highly of them and they can stay on through calibration.
2017-2-25
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm a camera Asst in local 600, I feel that I'm very carful and the first ND filter I put on cracked. Contacted Dji we shall see there definitely not a 4x5 Schneider ND
2017-2-25
Use props
THE ORANGE
New

United Kingdom

Guys check out the other ongoing thread on this same topic.http://forum.dji.com/thread-85913-1-1.html
Is there a way we can link these topics?
2017-2-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I bought the Polar Pro filters since I lift weights.  
2017-2-25
Use props
Mikeee
lvl.1
Australia

neo0 Posted at 2017-2-25 06:22
Thank you, for passing the Info.  I have the same ones but i haven't try them yet. maybe file down one of the prong will help a easier take off you think?

Hi neo0,  yes maybe a slight "rub" with fine sandpaper will make it easier for take off, as i am pretty sure  they will not fly off in a flight anyway!
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules