Need Help - Long Exposure Shots
1690 5 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RgrDat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680679 ft
United States

I shot the following long exposure shot the other night using only a 2 sec shutter speed setting.  I was just messing around, but there was too much light at the intersection (which is where I wanted to get the shot as there were more moving cars).  Can anyone tell me if, and if so which, ND filters I can use to possibly mitigate the crazy amount of light?  Also, I know the mavic goes up to 8" shutter, has anyone been able to get any good shots with this long exposure?  Is there a happy medium that allows for the best shots?  Maybe one that's more forgiving while still producing some really cool shots?  Any help is greatly appreciated...

<1000kb Long Exposure Shot.jpg
2017-2-25
Use props
THE ORANGE
New

United Kingdom

I would love to see some shots and what it took to get them on this subject as I have just received my pack of filters.
2017-2-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

First off, that picture is a very good start!  Do you find that the Long Exposure Preview toggle helps?  Also try the improved D-Log with its incredible increase in dynamic range.  

Lastly, use ON1 Photo RAW 2017.  It is the most amazing photo editing software put out to date.  You could take this picture you posted & make it look exactly how you want it.

2017-2-25
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-25 09:10
First off, that picture is a very good start!  Do you find that the Long Exposure Preview toggle helps?  Also try the improved D-Log with its incredible increase in dynamic range.  

Lastly, use ON1 Photo RAW 2017.  It is the most amazing photo editing software put out to date.  You could take this picture you posted & make it look exactly how you want it.

Thank you, I appreciate it.  To be honest, I don't know if I know what the preview toggle is, let alone tell you if it helps.  And I just downloaded the free trial of that software you spoke so highly of...I'll play around with it soon and let you know what I think.  Based on the intro video however, I think it's gonna be awesome, so thanks for the heads up.  Anyway, thanks again for the help & feel free to offer anything you want (even if it's criticism)...I've got a tough shell and I want to learn.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Cheers.
2017-2-25
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

Here's what came out of my first 5 min with ON1

ON1 Edit (DJI 0111) <1k kb copy.jpg
2017-2-25
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-2-25 13:37
Here's what came out of my first 5 min with ON1

[view_image]

Now go watch about 3 more hours of the ON1 tutorial videos on YouTube to see what you can really do with the software.  It's a different flow from other software; that's for sure.  
2017-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules