123Next >
7042 109 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

If you have a tablet or friend with another smartphone, have them aim their camera at your phones screen to record
2017-2-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 06:27
Thanks, don't know why, but my quicktime will record everything from what it has to :/ ... Trying. Will return soon ... hopefully

Another thought occurred to me on this. What was the outside temperature? I see snow on the ground. There have been several reports of battery failures with below freezing temps where the AC drops out of the sky, although this wouldn't explain the gps drop the low signal.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38986 ft
Denmark

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-2-26 06:52
Another thought occurred to me on this. What was the outside temperature? I see snow on the ground. There have been several reports of battery failures with below freezing temps where the AC drops out of the sky, although this wouldn't explain the gps drop the low signal.

The temperature was above freezing. It was 3-5 degress celcius. The snow were melting
2017-2-26
Use props
Mavic Driver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222438 ft
United States

I'm relatively new here, but based on the logs the OP posted on healthydrones and the video, the Mavic was still at 159 feet at the time when all the readings froze (9:22) and went dead. Does that mean the Mavic fell out of the sky or it just disconnected?
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 06:27
Thanks, don't know why, but my quicktime will record everything from what it has to :/ ... Trying. Will return soon ... hopefully

You could also try an app called Airshou. It's not in the App Store, and has to be installed differently. Haven't tried it myself, as I don't have an iPhone.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

Mavic Driver Posted at 2017-2-26 07:08
I'm relatively new here, but based on the logs the OP posted on healthydrones and the video, the Mavic was still at 159 feet at the time when all the readings froze (9:22) and went dead. Does that mean the Mavic fell out of the sky or it just disconnected?

The thing is I don't even know for sure. Because I asked people that were standing down there looking at it - I was a few hundred meters away when the signal just disappeared. I tried to reconnect constantly while running towards it. I asked people if they saw anything. One said it might be the thing that felt into the water short time ago.

From how I see it the signal disappeared and it was still tracking location and 2 seconds later it hit the water and everything died. I don't know if it makes sense that it took about 2 seconds to fall down from aprox 40 meters height.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-26 07:08
You could also try an app called Airshou. It's not in the App Store, and has to be installed differently. Haven't tried it myself, as I don't have an iPhone.

Tried on another mac, it worked Have attached link on buttom of "page 1"
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 06:49
Thanks. Now the video log is online here: https://youtu.be/S2G91DW7fkc

Hi TeaMdRulm, looking at that it looks like at 190m from home it just stop recording, you still had altitude of 48 meters and 190 meters from home, it's strange your last stick movements shown were right stick 100% up left stick 100% down , this would in a short time cause AC to crash to the ground / Water, it doesn't show how long you held this position, perhaps dat files will show this. But I'm sure if you had LOS you wouldn't continue this for very long , it looks like it was a split time reaction.

So so far we have video and flight from dji go app which show everything the same, if you manage to get logs to HD it may show if there were any signal problem or warnings.

When I look at your flight and where it ends 48meters high and 190 meters from home I can only think there is a slight delay in the recording which is normal with gps. If this is not the case then your battery fell out or you hit a bird, which I don't think happened.

One thing I will say to you is that when we fly over water we are flying in an environment that is not recommended by dji and is outlined clearly in the manual, and when something goes wrong we must accept some responsibility on our part.

Hopefully HD might show a bit more.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 07:19
Hi TeaMdRulm, looking at that it looks like at 190m from home it just stop recording, you still had altitude of 48 meters and 190 meters from home, it's strange your last stick movements shown were right stick 100% up left stick 100% down , this would in a short time cause AC to crash to the ground / Water, it doesn't show how long you held this position, perhaps dat files will show this. But I'm sure if you had LOS you wouldn't continue this for very long , it looks like it was a split time reaction.

So so far we have video and flight from dji go app which show everything the same, if you manage to get logs to HD it may show if there were any signal problem or warnings.

Thanks a lot for your analysis. If I held for controllers sticks like that it would 100% surely crash into the ground and not the water. I didn't keep them like that, cause I always want to stay at least 10-20 meters above trees and other obstacles.

There didn't seem to be birds around and I guess people would have seen / heard the crash then and the bird will be injured?

What is HD?

I don't mind taking some responsibillity. I just want my drone back

Have anyone made some kind of inflatable for the Mavic? That could make it easy to recover when it crash into water. I need the drone to record my boat and activities from that when the summer comes : / Thought it was so reliable :/
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic Driver Posted at 2017-2-26 07:08

There is a delay in recording of flight and video and all of these crashes you will never see the last few seconds unless the camera is still recording after crash and remote is still receiving data.
Dji dat file should be able to show more..
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 07:27
There is a delay in recording of flight and video and all of these crashes you will never see the last few seconds unless the camera is still recording after crash and remote is still receiving data.
Dji dat file should be able to show more..

Okay thanks.

How long does it mostly take DJI to find a solution?

Just need to figure out if I should buy a new one meanwhile. I miss it so much, was so much fun until the .... crashed :/
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 07:28
Okay thanks.

How long does it mostly take DJI to find a solution?

My advice to you is while your waiting for dji to look at your dat file is to get a moderator here dji ken might do it for you to have a look at your file you sent to dji, he may not be able to tell you what the outcome will be but he might put you on the right track.

I wouldn't give up hope on this being a malfunction until dji give you clear indication of what happened, and if it was deemed pilot error, I would see if dji can maybe do a deal for a new one.

I hope something good comes out of this for you.. good luck..
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 07:26
Thanks a lot for your analysis. If I held for controllers sticks like that it would 100% surely crash into the ground and not the water. I didn't keep them like that, cause I always want to stay at least 10-20 meters above trees and other obstacles.

There didn't seem to be birds around and I guess people would have seen / heard the crash then and the bird will be injured?

Healthy drones
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-2-25 20:06
I am not an expert but just looking at your GO 4 app flight route and the stick movements, if you are Mode 2 then you pulled the power off which is probably why it went into the water.

Which stick movements are you referring to? The screenshot shows left stick full back, and the right stick full forward. That's not a CSC command.
2017-2-26
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
Turkey

I don't know what made your mavic to dissapear but I can tell you that your flying skill really need developing a ot before you fly expensive a uav.
I build 7 multicopters from 250 racers to 650's from scratch and flew countless hours. But ask me how many times I put the throttle down 100 %... the answer is only with a 130 Usd worth carbon 250 racer  to loop or roll but only for 1 sec.

I made a list of your "100% throttle" moves.
begin    end     direction
1 51
3 20      3 37         up
4 38                      down
4 42      4 47        d
5 22      5 32        d
5 46      5 50        d
5 59                      d
6 12      6 17        d
7 10      7 17        thro u + pitch back both 100 % !!!   AMAZING
7 35      7 40        d
7 43      7 50        d
7 55      7 58        u
8 02                     d
8 06       8 21       d
8 34       8 37       d
8 38       8 49        u
8 51                      d
8 55                      d
9 07        9 14       d
9 22                      d
This is not the way people generally fly a multicopter ( unless it is a 250 racer )

Please don't get me wrong I am trying to be helpfull...
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

MaviMu Posted at 2017-2-26 10:44
I don't know what made your mavic to dissapear but I can tell you that your flying skill really need developing a ot before you fly expensive a uav.
I build 7 multicopters from 250 racers to 650's from scratch and flew countless hours. But ask me how many times I put the throttle down 100 %... the answer is only with a 130 Usd worth carbon 250 racer  to loop or roll but only for 1 sec.

Is there some reason why this is a bad thing to do? I use 100% stick down all the time, usually combined with 100% stick forward, and often for many seconds at a time.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

Why should it be a problem? If it was a problem it shouldn't be possible I would say.

Anyways I was flying like that the days before and everything worked out perfectly. In the DJI advertise video they're even having a race I bet they're pulling down throttle to 100% most of the time - So it should be made for it.

All the full throttle isen't the problem I guess? The thing loses signal and crashes into the water it seems :/

I might buy some of those race drones. Can you recommend some?

2017-2-26
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 11:25
Why should it be a problem? If it was a problem it shouldn't be possible I would say.

Anyways I was flying like that the days before and everything worked out perfectly. In the DJI advertise video they're even having a race I bet they're pulling down throttle to 100% most of the time - So it should be made for it.

It isn't a problem; there's inherently nothing wrong with performing a 100% descent with 100% forward throttle simultaneously.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-2-26 11:29
It isn't a problem; there's inherently nothing wrong with performing a 100% descent with 100% forward throttle simultaneously.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Would also be weird if you ask me.

Can anyone tell me how long it normally takes DJI to find a solution to the problems regarding these problems?

I don't want to be without a drone for a week or more.
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-25 14:36
If you fly in sports let's say 500 m out and 500 m back, and replay your flight back in the app you will see it going into Atti but this is caused by speed and gps trying to keep up with the speed the AC is traveling at, it will go into Atti for a split second I would say less than half a second it's nothing to be concerned about, and it has nothing to do with AC falling out of the sky..

This is not exactly true.

I have had this "Atti Mode" for a second or two while hovering 40m high doing a slow pano, with horizon to horizon view of the sky, not close to any objects/building.

And for GPS to not be able to keep up at 70kph?????

How to GPS in cars work? or planes? or on phone when in a car or plane lol??

2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-2-25 11:42
Why it lost signal i'm not sure but flying in sport mode has errored and flicked into atti mode. from them as you had no control, the mavic has drifted about with the wind or just the direction it was traveling

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say Sport mode is universally unusable on the Mavic... I've done plenty of flying in Sport mode in the past few months, and so far my Mavic has never dropped into ATTI mode. Also, in this particular case, the OP's Mavic had been out of ATTI mode for over a minute before this abrupt ending. It looks like he had full control of the aircraft in Sport (GPS) mode when it suddenly lost connection and seemingly fell from the sky.
2017-2-26
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Turkey

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-26 11:02
Is there some reason why this is a bad thing to do? I use 100% stick down all the time, usually combined with 100% stick forward, and often for many seconds at a time.

Nothing is bad in life... it is just a matter of pushing it unnecessarily...
-Mavic is a fragile and  portable ap platform that is neither designed for flying like that extreme nor it can withstand crashes.
-Why waste your energy to go up so hard id you will come down a second later?
-Decending with thr. closed uav is actually stalling with all the pid values are meaningles not able to react to any forces on the rool and pitch axis...

2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 06:49
Thanks. Now the video log is online here: https://youtu.be/S2G91DW7fkc

Pure speculation:

At moment it disconnect, if the left stick down was the last command it had, (maybe) it kept repeating this on its own while disconnected (obviously shouldn't).

Had similar happen to other things (Parrot Bebop <- POS), and other smaller ones.

Of course that would be a horrible defect on DJI's part, but with what I've seen from Mavic so far, it would not surprise me!!

Simply not near as reliable as Phantom 4!!!
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

MaviMu Posted at 2017-2-26 11:51
Nothing is bad in life... it is just a matter of pushing it unnecessarily...
-Mavic is a fragile and  portable ap platform that is neither designed for flying like that extreme nor it can withstand crashes.
-Why waste your energy to go up so hard id you will come down a second later?

Well, I think DJI gave us a Sport mode for a reason, and they've built some very intentional limitations and failsafes into the Mavic. I'm not saying the failsafes are perfect, but if applying 100% stick input was so tough on the Mavic, I'm sure DJI wouldn't let us do it. They've even limited the descent speed to prevent the types of issues that other quads have when descending too quickly.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-2-26 11:52
Pure speculation:

At moment it disconnect, if the left stick down was the last command it had, (maybe) it kept repeating this on its own while disconnected (obviously shouldn't).

Jason Lane: I did have full control but all out of a sudden everything went wrong and couldn't do anything to save it :/

SnowBirdNL: I was thinking like that aswell, but again. Then the aircraft would just have crashed into the ground and that would actually have been way nicer than crashing into the water.

Jason Lane: I completely agree I never had the problems with sports mode the days before the drone was so steady and no problems. That was why I thought I could take it for a flight above water and just make 100% sure it won't hit trees if something happens.
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

This seems like more of an opinion.

I have flown 20+ quads, from the smallest toys, to several drone, and there is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with pushing the sticks to 100%.

Example:
- Lets say on Mavic in P mode, i fly 100% throttle.
- Then i change setting so throttle is .20 in stead of .25 and now do 100% again.
- This "100%" is now very different than the previous 100%, so how can say both are wrong?

Another example:
- I fly in sports mode at 85%
- Then fly in P at 100%.
- The "100%" this time is less than the "85%" before.

So how can anyone say "100%" is wrong?
2017-2-26
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Turkey

Please everybody go back and read my post if I have said " extreme up and downs was the cause" of this accident or not.

I just pointed out that if you want to have fun and excitement with a multicopter mavic is the wrong place and you are or will be wasting your receources...
My car has a sport mode too but because I have experienced real sport mode elsewhere I do not try to get  out more than what the car was really  designed for in the first place.
Mavic too is a very versatile, fragile and usefull multicopter and I wish every mavic owner to have countless safe flights.

Kind Regards

2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-2-26 11:41
This is not exactly true.

I have had this "Atti Mode" for a second or two while hovering 40m high doing a slow pano, with horizon to horizon view of the sky, not close to any objects/building.

The gps receivers have much less accurate clocks than gps satellites and have to compensate for the time taken to receive the signal.
If you think your cheap phone GPS receiver would be accurate in your Mavic your mistaken.
There are many different types of GPS receivers and if you want one that has nan nu accuracy then  you better be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

There are many threads and posts over on the P4 forum that bring up this skipping to Atti and back to gps almost instantly.

If you think your phone gps is 100% accurate your deluded.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 06:58
The temperature was above freezing. It was 3-5 degress celcius. The snow were melting

I never saw any error concerning weak RC Signal. I did see several errors on the flight out to the island indicating you had reached the max altitude. On the far side of the island it dropped into Atti mode mode. This was caused by the gps health dropping below 4 for about 20 seconds. Just before the video stopped, you did 100%  stick for pitch and roll at the same time. (If I remember correctly) , No doubt there was a high current draw at this point while in sports mode. Even when  flying only  full elevator (about 32 degrees pitch in sports mode) to attempt to hit 40mph, the current draw is about 22 amps. I've done full elevator and throttle at the same time and measured the currect draw close to 28amps.  When I hit full elevator and throttle  at the same time, it was only throttle for less than a second.  The max current I've ever heard was about 30 amps, then it gave an error.

My therory is that very high current draw along with the cold temperatures (and possibly a marginal battery) caused a catostphic failure where it lost all power and dropped. Had  the communications just dropped out, it should have RTH. What I don't see is there was not an excessive current error. Maybe it never had a chance to send this last messsge.
2017-2-26
Use props
TeaMdRuIm
lvl.2
Denmark

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-2-26 12:45
I never saw any error concerning weak RC Signal. I did see several errors on the flight out to the island indicating you had reached the max altitude. On the far side of the island it dropped into Atti mode mode. This was caused by the gps health dropping below 4 for about 20 seconds. Just before the video stopped, you did 100%  stick for pitch and roll at the same time. (If I remember correctly) , No doubt there was a high current draw at this point while in sports mode. Even when  flying only  full elevator (about 32 degrees pitch in sports mode) to attempt to hit 40mph, the current draw is about 22 amps. I've done full elevator and throttle at the same time and measured the currect draw close to 28amps.  When I hit full elevator and throttle  at the same time, it was only throttle for less than a second.  The max current I've ever heard was about 30 amps, then it gave an error.

My therory is that very high current draw along with the cold temperatures (and possibly a marginal battery) caused a catostphic failure where it lost all power and dropped. Had  the communications just dropped out, it should have RTH. What I don't see is there was not an excessive current error. Maybe it never had a chance to send this last messsge.

Well I don't have a clue. What the flight log also tells is that I did the 100% throttle and descend several times and for several seconds before the crash/error happens. So it would be weird if that is what suddenly causes the crash :/

2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 12:32
The gps receivers have much less accurate clocks than gps satellites and have to compensate for the time taken to receive the signal.
If you think your cheap phone GPS receiver would be accurate in your Mavic your mistaken.
There are many different types of GPS receivers and if you want one that has nan nu accuracy then  you better be prepared to pay through the nose for it.

I hardly said GPS in phone was suppose to be better than Mavic, I was comparing Mavic Pro to Phantom 4.

I brought up Phone GPS in other post only because someone said sport mode was so fast GPS couldn't keep up with the speed, which is obviously erroneous because my GPS in phone was able to have no problem in a plane at 30000 feet going 350+mph, so how could someone say 70kph was too fast for the GPS technology to work properly in a Mavic.

And never read many Phantom 4 posts, cause never had any type of issue with it to ever research!

All i know is i have extensively flown Phantom 4 in :
- Newfoundland, Canada
- Ontario, Canada,
- Florida, US
- New York City, US
- Rotterdam, Netherland

and NEVER did it do ANYTHING unexpected, not even for a "split second".

Mavic is flaky and unreliable by comparison!
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SnowBirdNL Posted at 2017-2-26 12:55
I hardly said GPS in phone was suppose to be better than Mavic, I was comparing Mavic Pro to Phantom 4.

I brought up Phone GPS in other post only because someone said sport mode was so fast GPS couldn't keep up with the speed, which is obviously erroneous because my GPS in phone was able to have no problem in a plane at 30000 feet going 350+mph, so how could someone say 70kph was too fast for the GPS technology to work properly in a Mavic.

As I said you get what you pay for with gps , and I can tell you gps in P4 or Mavic is not 100% accurate, but it seems like your gps in your phone is just as good as any gps in an aeroplane travelling at 30000 ft at 350mph which is extremely slow for an aircraft at that height cruising speed for commercial aircraft at that height 465mph to 560mph so maybe your gps on your phone was a little behind.
I bow now to your supremacy on this subject, because I don't want to hijack the op's thread.
2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 13:19
As I said you get what you pay for with gps , and I can tell you gps in P4 or Mavic is not 100% accurate, but it seems like your gps in your phone is just as good as any gps in an aeroplane travelling at 30000 ft at 350mph which is extremely slow for an aircraft at that height cruising speed for commercial aircraft at that height 465mph to 560mph so maybe your gps on your phone was a little behind.
I bow now to your supremacy on this subject, because I don't want to hijack the op's thread.

Again I don't know why you are so hung up on the GPS in a phone, we are talking about Drones.

And I can't say I looked at the speed, was just saying phone GPS workings in plane, so Mavic is not too fast for GPS.

You are getting off topic!
2017-2-26
Use props
Elnan.do
lvl.2

Norway

MaviMu Posted at 2017-2-26 12:26
Please everybody go back and read my post if I have said " extreme up and downs was the cause" of this accident or not.

I just pointed out that if you want to have fun and excitement with a multicopter mavic is the wrong place and you are or will be wasting your receources...

Dont think sport mode in your car will allow you to make damage to the car itself. Likewise DJI would not allow you to fly in a way that exceeds ithe Mavics physical limits. Both car and Mavic has a computer sitting between the throttle stick/pedal and the engine that protects the machine from possible harm form the operator. So i dont think you can fly it to "hard".

Watching the playback i can understand some of your reservation as many of the movements are very jerky. But then again that shouldnt have taken it down.

Best regards
2017-2-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 12:52
Well I don't have a clue. What the flight log also tells is that I did the 100% throttle and descend several times and for several seconds before the crash/error happens. So it would be weird if that is what suddenly causes the crash :/

It really shouldn't, but there may have been other factors here. Cold, questionable battery, maybe the Mavic was fighting wind. As had as they try, I doubt dji can take every possibility into account when designing a UAV. Hopefully they will have mercy on you because this doesn't appear to be anything you did wrong that should have not been ok, or at least thrown an error to warn you about a problem where you could have avoided it. Best of luck.
2017-2-26
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-26 12:32

Maybe not 100% but very good nonetheless. My buddy has a Heads up Display app on his Droid  phone and it is within 1mph of the digital speedo in his new truck  at all speeds. I was very impressed!
2017-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-2-26 15:33
Maybe not 100% but very good nonetheless. My buddy has a Heads up Display app on his Droid  phone and it is within 1mph of the digital speedo in his new truck  at all speeds. I was very impressed!

Hey Rightstuffed, if you read all the posts you would realise that is the exact point I was trying to get across, that every so often travelling at max speed for a micro of a second mode will change from gps to gps Atti and back to gps, this has been documented on P4 forum by many and if you fly Mavic or P4 in sport and replay you flight you can see this recorded .
2017-2-26
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
United States

TeaMdRuIm Posted at 2017-2-26 12:52

It does show that you did 100% stick several times, but the best I can tell the time period directly before everything went blank appeared to be the longest period of using 100% for 2 controls axis. This was probably the highest current draw through the entire flight, most likely causing a catostaphic shutdown.  Rare,  but it does happen, especially in colder weather and/or if the battery may be marginal.  Sudden  power shutdown or a bird strike are the only things I can think of that might cause this given what I see in the flight record. If it was a bird strike you would most likely see some evidence of that in the video.

Please followup and let us know what dji  has to say.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-2-26 07:50
Which stick movements are you referring to? The screenshot shows left stick full back, and the right stick full forward. That's not a CSC command.

No. it isn't a CSC command but you have removed the power and are still trying to fly forward and there is also a slight yaw. Can't happen.
I think some people are reading the 100% throttle incorrectly. It is not full throttle, it is full power off. The stick has been pulled back. If you do that, you go down.
2017-2-26
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-2-26 20:14
No. it isn't a CSC command but you have removed the power and are still trying to fly forward and there is also a slight yaw. Can't happen.
I think some people are reading the 100% throttle incorrectly. It is not full throttle, it is full power off. The stick has been pulled back. If you do that, you go down.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

“It is not full throttle, it is full power off.”

100% left stick back definitely does not just kill the power. It commands the Mavic to descend at the maximum allowable descent rate in a controlled manner.

“You have removed the power and are still trying to fly forward and there is also a slight yaw. Can't happen.”

You definitely can move forward, and yaw, pitch whatever way you want while still applying 100% throttle down.
2017-2-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules