Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
H3-3D not working after firmware update on Phantom 2.
123Next >
30001 87 2014-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641394 ft
United States

I got a new Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal, iOSD mini, and fpv. Got everything mounted and hooked up. I powered up to test the fpv, gimbal, and iOSD and all worked fine. Then I wanted to make sure all firmware was updated before first flight, as many have stated this was imperative to prevent potential fly-always. Firmware seemed to update properly. Then I power cycled and now the gimbal does nothing. The Phantom powers up fine, goes thru preflight routine and all seems good, except the gimbal does nothing. No fpv signal or anything. When I go to the update tab on the phantom software, the two gimbal items (gimbal imu, and the other one) aren't listed any more as they were before I updated the firmware.

Thinking the gimbal may have gone bad, I tested it with my old Phantom 1. I turned it on and the gimbal powered up and initialized just fine. Mounted it back on the P2 and nothing.

Has anyone had this problem before? I tried searching the forum but didn't find anything. Don't know what to do at this point and I'm getting really frustrated. Help!
2014-10-7
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi michael, do you remember which firmware did you upgrade? If you downgrade the firmware to the previous one, is the gimbal works fine on the phantom 2 again?
2014-10-8
Use props
michael
lvl.1
United States

The firmware for Main Controller is 3.06, and P330CB is 1.0.1.32.  I don't remember what they were before upgrading.  How would I go about downgrading?
2014-10-8
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Use the old version Assistant and then you can downgrade the firmware.
There is another way to restore the firmware, since you mentioned the two gimbal items (gimbal imu, and the other one) aren't listed any more. Please check the picture attached.
Hold the two spots and then power on the gimbal, the LED would become red-yellow, connect to the PC and open the Assistant software, upgrade the firmwarer again.
upgrade.jpg
2014-10-8
Use props
michael
lvl.1
United States

Sophie,

I tried what you said (touch the two connections as i turn it on) and nothing happened.  Are you meaning to touch those two points with the same piece of metal (as to bridge the connection)?  Nothing happens when I tried that.  The LED didn't light up or anything.  Its like the gimbal isn't receiving power at all.  I opened the phantom case to make sure there weren't any loose connections and all seemed fine.  I also downgraded the firmware with the old assistant and that didn't help either.  

I hooked the H3-3D up to my phantom 1 and it turned on just fine.  gimbal worked properly and iosd as well.  So there's got to be a problem with the main board of my Phantom 2.  Its not sending any power/signal to the gimbal.

Any help/advise would be very much appreciated.
2014-10-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Michael. Yes, you need to touch those two points with the same piece of metal (as to bridge the connection), and then power on your Phantom 2, you would see the orange light turn on. Connecting to the PC and open the Assistant software, upgrade the firmwarer again.
2014-10-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

If still unable to make it work, do you have another gimble to test whether it's the gimbal's problem or Phantom 2's problem?
2014-10-12
Use props
varodjan
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
Armenia

I had the same problem only remember after hard reseting dont turn off the phantom 2 open the pt2 software ver 3 on windows 7 and you can program it again.I have another problem when I start my phantom 2 the gimball starts to shaking like crazy and wont stop cliberation also doesent help anyone can help me ?????????plzz
2014-10-13
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

varodjan@yahoo. Posted at 2014-10-13 19:04
I had the same problem only remember after hard reseting dont turn off the phantom 2 open the pt2 so ...

I am afraid you may need to send it back for repair.
2014-10-16
Use props
franck.villano
New

Belgium

Hello . I have exactly the same problem : Gimbal is not responding at all after upgrade. I have the same upgrades than yours. Have you found a solution? (and I use Mac OS versions of PT2 assistant). Thanks
2014-10-23
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

franck.villano@ Posted at 2014-10-24 04:27
Hello . I have exactly the same problem : Gimbal is not responding at all after upgrade. I have the  ...

Have you tried the solution above(touch the two connections to upgrade the firmware again)? Please let me know whether it works or not. Thanks.
2014-10-23
Use props
connortking
New

United States

I just got my phantom 2 and zenmuse h3-3d yesterday and hooked everything up and tested the gimbal and it worked fine. Once I upgraded the firmware, the assistant software can't see the gimbal, and the gimbal is not initializing when the phantom is powered on, what should I do?
2014-10-25
Use props
connortking
New

United States

I tried all the above solutions and none have worked for me
2014-10-25
Use props
connortking
New

United States

What did you end up doing to solve your problem, I am having the same one.
2014-10-25
Use props
issakimabby
New

United States

Hi. I just want to give my 2 cents on this. I also did an update with on my gimbal and as I started back up I notice the gimbal is not working. I did all the advice I read on forums and did everything but to no avail. So frustration is starting to set in until it snap on my head why not calibrate my X1 stick. So I did calibrate X1 stick on both Phantom 2 assist and RC assist. And there you go everything was fix at last. Lesson learned that everytime you update make sure to CALIBRATE. Hope this helps.
2014-10-26
Use props
menten
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48957 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK! Truly a pain in the neck, but fix found. I had the same problem, upgraded and then h33d not recognized by PT2 assistant. Seemed dead.
I powered it on while touching two metal points pictured in the thread above. If you do it right an orange light comes on. Then plug into your assistant and it will see the h33d but show no version info. Hit upgrade and it will go through that process. Then restart.
I had to do the above process 3 times and then it finally took and is operating fine now.
2014-10-28
Use props
spetrotto
New

United States

I have the same problem. I just upgraded and now the gimbal is not working. It does not respond to anything and does not initialize. I made sure to use the most up to date software and used that to try the firmware update. Please help!
2014-10-30
Use props
brianmoniaga
New

Indonesia

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-9 13:58
There is another way to resto ...

Hi Sophie,

I also encountered this kind of issue, but on Vision Plus, exactly the same issue, after update 3.08 everything works fine even the camera works perfectly. Except the gimbal, when I reconnect to the assistant Gimbal IMU item doesn't shows up.

Is there any kind of similar method that you're using on H3-3D gimbal? 2 of my friend got the same problem after 3.08 update. Is there any fix that I can perform yet?

Thank you
2014-10-31
Use props
sirlance
New
Australia

i followed as above and it worked for me.

thank you
2014-10-31
Use props
tommyrogers
lvl.1

United States

This is really frustrating.. If the software doesn't work why publish it. I've tried re-flashing several times and all I get is the gimbal tries to initialize and the motors grind and it never initializes. I tried to go back to a previous version of firmware on the gimbal and it keeps loading 1.0.0.10 regardless of what version of the assistant I use. I've tried DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.4 and DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.6. What do I need to do to get my H3-3D fixed?
2014-11-1
Use props
craig
New
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

I had this exact problem, a bricked H3-3D. I fixed it by resetting the Gimbal using the tweezer short on power up. Then while still powered up, upgrading the Gimbal Firmware with the latest assistant (3.4 at the time, 3.6 now). Gimbal initiated but not full control. So, using the TX Assistant, operated the X1 switch WHILE DOING THE FLIGHT STICK CAL.  Then repeating the cal with the PT2 Assistant, i.e. switching X1 while cal'ing the flight sticks. All working properly now. The TX Assistant tells you just to cal the X1 switch with the PT2 Assistant. I think that needs to change now.

HTH Good luck.
2014-11-1
Use props
toltingcoltacre
New

United States

I would like to add my 2 cents to this, and hopefully get a solution.

I just added a FPV setup to my Phantom 2, so I took the opportunity to download the latest Assistant, and performed a firmware upgrade. Immediately my H3-3D stopped responding. Using the "reset" procedure above I was able to perform another "upgrade" of the firmware, so now the Assistant software does recognize the gimbal, but the gimbal performs the reset/gear grinding symptom previously posted.

Here is my current firmware revs per the Assistant:

Here is a video of the gear grinding issue:

youtu.be/BhlnP2FpXjQ

I appear to be dead in the water at this point. This is very poor customer service, IMO, to release a piece of software which bricks people's systems. I am very disappointed in DJI at this point.

Any feedback on how I can get my gimbal operational again would be appreciated.

Followup:

Apparently this behavior is "normal" if you do not have the goPro itself connected to the gimbal. Connecting the gopro "solves" the problem. Something I wouldn't have normally thought of, since I had to remove the goPro to do the tweezer reset, and then "reboot" immediately after the "upgrade"
2014-11-10
Use props
BryanS
New

United Kingdom

Hi
I just cannot get this to work. This update has well and truly buggered up my H3-3D. Any further suggestions!?!?! I might add, like others here, I have not paid a great deal of money for a Phantom compatible piece of equipment to be made useless by a software update. I am using a Macbook and cannot find previous firmware versions? Please help!!
2014-11-13
Use props
rickc309
lvl.1

United States

I received my P2 V2 today and ran into the same situation (dead gimbal) after upgrading the gimbal. I did the reset as listed above and reinstalled the firmware. The gimbal came to life but was also resetting and making noises. I looked on the gimbal page of the assistant and noticed the horizontal and vertical limit sliders were all the way to the left. I moved both to the middle and the gimbal got quiet. The new tilt wheel on the new TX worked and then I tweaked the travel limits with the Horizontal and Vertical sliders. All works as expected now. Just thought I'd post my findings.
2014-11-13
Use props
alex.lebow
New

United States

brianmoniaga@me Posted at 2014-11-1 08:59
Hi Sophie,

I also encountered this kind of issue, but on Vision Plus, exactly the same issue, aft ...

Have you been given an answer to this? I fixed the problem on my Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D, but the gimbal on my Vision+ is still bricked. Exact same problem...doesn't even recognize ZEN IMU in the Assistant Software.

Sophie - when will this issue be fixed?
2014-11-14
Use props
BryanS
New

United Kingdom

alex.lebow@dave Posted at 2014-11-15 01:46
Have you been given an answer to this? I fixed the problem on my Phantom 2 w/ H3-3D, but the gimba ...

......I've had no response from my issue for a few days now. Hopefully there's a warranty and the total lack of help or any response suggests they are busy finding a solution to this issue. Ha!
2014-11-16
Use props
BryanS
New

United Kingdom

BryanS Posted at 2014-11-13 18:57
Hi
I just cannot get this to work. This update has well and truly buggered up my H3-3D. Any further ...

.....any help whatsoever??...........No hard reset working, no reloading or using Windows.......any suggestions??
2014-11-16
Use props
mg1029
New

Australia

The Gimbal reset procedure works fine and I was able to upgrade the FW again as the Assistant SW can recognise the H3-3D IMU and Gimbal CMU again.
However, after the FW upgrade and powercycle, the Gimbal is still dead.
Tried to reset and upgrade 3 times but no luck.

Here is what I have done:

1. connect the 2 dots in the picture attached using tweezers.
2. power on phantom 2
3. remove tweezers when you see red and yellow LED on together.
4. connect to assistant software to re-upgrade

The Assistant SW can detect the H3-3D IMU showing version 0.0.0.0 and version 1.0.0.10 is available for upgrade.

Clicked the upgrade link and the FW upgrade process went with no error message finishing with the normal message to powercycle the P2. This indicates the the FW upgrade to v1.0.0.10 was successful.

After powercycle, the P2 does its initialization process but the Gimbal does not initialise (does not move at all during power up).
Checked the Assistant SW and the H3-3D IMU and Gimbal CMU are not recognised (not in the UPGRADE TAB list) at all.

I performed the same Gimbal reset again a few times but still no luck.
My assumption is that there is a bug on version 1.0.0.10 that makes the Gimbal unrecognizable.

I guess DJI should downgrade the FW version on their website (prior to v1.0.0.10) and this should fix the problem temporarily or release a newer FW version. The latter might take longer to release but the former can be done easily and quickly - but that depends on how quick DJI responds to customer issues.
The below link dated 2014-10-28 shows that the FW version is [@Zenmuse H3-3D Firmware v1.10]

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-h3-3d/download

DJI, please help your customers in need (QUICKLY) or risk losing repeat of our business with you in the future....
2014-11-16
Use props
mg1029
New

Australia

This is an update to my post on 2014-11-17 09:14 on this topic.

After reading a lot of negative feedback regarding DJI's response time I have decided to do some further research in youtube and I found this video:

It is exactly the same procedure as the one I posted on this Forum.
The trick is - when the upgrade is finished with the message:

>>Upgrade success! Powercycle! OK

DONOT click the OK button on the Assistant SW.
Instead, power off the P2.
Then install the GoPro camera/plug the USB cable.

Power up the P2 and voila!!! the H3-3D is revived.

I hope this will help you guys in reviving your H3-3D too.
Good luck...
2014-11-19
Use props
martijn
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem as all others. Phantom 2 V2, Zenmuse H3-3D that bricked after firmware update. Tried the reset and reinstall of the 10.0.0.10 firmware several times. Results: little chirping of the Zenmuse, grinding and swaying of the Zenmuse, or just plain dead. None of the tricks mentioned above or in the video worked for me. How do I install a previous firmware version??? Please respond DJI !!!! You are letting many customers down!!! Maybe too busy celebrating the launch of the Inspire???

Martijn Schroevers
2014-11-20
Use props
123rfcreative
New

Malaysia

martijn@schroev Posted at 2014-11-20 16:50
I have the same problem as all others. Phantom 2 V2, Zenmuse H3-3D that bricked after firmware upda ...

Hello guys..

I solve mine by just changing the "Transmitter Version" in Phantom 2 Assistant Software to "Basic Version".. Apparently after upgrading the firmware it automatically sets mine to "Upgrade Version". Hope this helps
2014-11-21
Use props
martijn
New

Netherlands

123rfcreative Posted at 2014-11-21 16:46
Hello guys..

I solve mine by just changing the "Transmitter Version" in Phantom 2 Assistant Softw ...

This does not work for me unfortunately...
Can someone at DJI please respond?? The first post regarding this problem is from october 8th!!! Nearly SIX WEEKS ago.
2014-11-21
Use props
goatman
New

Australia

Would be nice to get a response, right now I have a three week old $2000 brick and nothing from DJI in a month.... useless
2014-11-21
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi All, if you already tried all the methods above, but still unable to make your H3-3D gimbal to work, please contact our service center, send your gimbal back for check and repair. Sorry for the incovenience.
2014-11-23
Use props
tylerng
New

Malaysia

Hi all,

I had the same problem with my P2 after the software update. I tried many times to reset the gimbal but it didn't work. the symptoms are that after doing a hard reset of the zenmuse h3-3d gimbal, plugging it into the RC Assistant, it would not detect H3-3D as connected. Well it turns out that the problem is when updating the Main controller & PCB firmware updates on an older version of the RC assistant (version 3.0) .

Please download the latest assistant version 3.6, then re-flash all the firmware even if it says the same version. I updated Main controller 3.08 to the same version 3.08 and also P330CB 1.0.2.8 to the same version, etc.

After doing so, i reset the gimbal using the method above and when you see the yellow/red light come on, plug in your p2 and it should detect it as version 0.0.0.0 with an update to 1.0.0.10. update then power-cycle. Hope this helps!

P/s: if you're using a diff transmitter, (I'm using the futaba t8j) please set the transmitter type to basic if not you won't be able to control the tilt
2014-11-24
Use props
tom
New

South Africa

Where do you get the older version to downgrade?
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Tom, sorry to say that the new version add the flight limitation area, so it's unable to be downgraded,
2014-11-30
Use props
skjk1
lvl.1

United States

Same problem as mentioned above with the non working gimbal. I tried all the fixes and the gimbal now responds but goes slowly in one direction and fast in the other. It also is very jerky in one direction. I sent a video to DJI and  also to  the company I bought it from. They forwarded it to DJI  and after a week without a response from DJI the issued an RMA to me to return that unit. The replacement came today and guess what, same problem all over again. That's two Phantom 2 / Zenmuse gimbal problems.

I was tired of the lack of support and quality problems with the Parrot company. So I went the expensive DJI route thinking I would have a quality product and good customer service. Wrong on both counts. I am very disappointed. The response of "send it for repair" from DJI just doesn't cut it. It is simply ignoring the real problem. Obviously with so many complaints listed here and on other forums there is an issue that is not being addressed.

This post it two months old and the only response is "send it back for repair" with no solutions offered is upsetting.
2014-12-10
Use props
leonard.pihlbla
New

Sweden

HELLO!
im realy new at this and realy med help!

I have a new phantom 2 with the zenmuse H3-3D for gopro.

I have flyer the quadricopter without problems.

Then I connected it to upgrade the firmware. And it downloads and installs.
And after that the phantom flashing red and beeping. And the zenmuse goes Awall!!! It's like r2d2 on speed!
Then I was like that for a few minutes. Then I shut it of beacua I was waking up my nebours...
Why does the phantom and zenmuse behave like that?
And what should I do?!

Please reply!!
2014-12-11
Use props
bricev
New

Australia

mg1029@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-19 22:47
This is an update to my post on 2014-11-17 09:14 on this topic.

After reading a lot of negative fee ...

This solution worked for me, reset the firmware 4 times to no avail but your tip worked a treat! Genius.
2014-12-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules