"No Signal" Issue
12Next >
10797 44 2015-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
202pictures
New

United States

I just got Inspire 1 a few days ago and my 1st flight went great. No problem at all. Then next day, it took a long time to get the camera feed as it indicated "No Signal" - everything else seemed working. So I tried re-setting the camera, re-calibrate, turning on/off.... and somehow, out of the blue, it started working as 2nd flight went well. The real issue came following day. From the getgo, "No Signal" issue continued and I haven't been able to get the camera feed.

Since DJI support is closed due to the Chinese holiday until the 24th (February), I just have to wait until then...

Does anyone have the same problem? And if so, any solution?? Or should I consider returning it?
2015-2-22
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same problem 1st day right out of it's case everything looked great. the next day I wanted to IMU calibrate and the screen telemetry was there but the cameras view was black? I turned everything off then back on and then it was "Normal" (This was a different T48 battery this time than the T47 that came with it that I used on the 1st day)
2015-2-22
Use props
202pictures
New

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-2-23 08:58
Had the same problem 1st day right out of it's case everything looked great. the next day I wanted t ...

Thanks for replying, CrabHawk. I also had IMU calibrate done (again) and still no camera feed.... I don't have an upgraded battery yet - it's on the way. - but should the battery matter for this kind of issue?
2015-2-23
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

202pictures Posted at 2015-2-24 02:57
Thanks for replying, CrabHawk. I also had IMU calibrate done (again) and still no camera feed....  ...

I don't think the battery thing is the issue I was just stating that the only difference was that I had used a different batter Also I'm not trying to be an idiot here but did you take the lens cap off of the camera - I'm sure you did.
2015-2-23
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Could it be possible dual mode toggled off in the settings?Or Tx setting may have changed?
2015-2-23
Use props
eyeofrye
New

United States

I have the same thing happening...drops out and says no signal but i still have gps...just no camera feed
2015-2-23
Use props
DroneyBaloney
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same problem all of a sudden.  I've flown my inspire a handful of times with no real issue (besides a bit of lag on the live feed and the occasional loss and quick re gain of gps signal as others have mentioned in other threads) when all of a sudden last night, I kept losing signal from the camera.  I still had gimbal control and gps signal, but I had a message in red at the top of my screen saying I had no connection to the camera.  I found that if I backed out of the live feed into the main menu and then opened up the camera feed again, I would regain connection to the camera for a few minutes before it would inevitably drop out again.  For those interested I'm using an android system with a galaxy tab 4.

Just to clarify, I was in my living room with no props attached sitting less than two feet from the silly ol' bird. I was simply going through the app and further familiarizing myself with all of the menu's and setting and whatnot.  This is how I know I had gimbal control and that the remote was indeed still connected to the inspire. Also, I should note that the gps signal was surprisingly strong considering I was indoors.
2015-2-23
Use props
202pictures
New

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-2-24 03:19
I don't think the battery thing is the issue I was just stating that the only difference was that  ...

It is now total mystery... And yes, lens cap was was off

So I took it to the DJI dealer where I purchased and they couldn't figure out a reason so they are sending me a replacement. Now it's still mind boggling. If they don't know why and that means it's possible another one can have the same problem with no particular reason. I hope they eventually figure it out and solve the issue either with a new firmware or from the manufacture line....
2015-2-24
Use props
202pictures
New

United States

eyeofrye Posted at 2015-2-24 06:02
I have the same thing happening...drops out and says no signal but i still have gps...just no camera ...

I took it to the DJI dealer today where I purchased it and they couldn't figure out a reason so they are sending me a replacement. Now it's still mind boggling. If they don't know why and that means it's possible another one can have the same problem with no particular reason. I hope they eventually figure it out and solve the issue either with a new firmware or from the manufacture line....
2015-2-24
Use props
202pictures
New

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-2-24 03:32
Could it be possible dual mode toggled off in the settings?Or Tx setting may have changed?

I have no idea. I did not change any setting since I opened the box. It worked at first and the first flight without any problems at all then the problem occurred from the 2nd time.

Could the setting change itself?
2015-2-24
Use props
202pictures
New

United States

DroneyBaloney Posted at 2015-2-24 09:21
I'm having the same problem all of a sudden.  I've flown my inspire a handful of times with no real  ...

Has the problem kept occurring since the first time that happened? Mine never came back working so I took it to the DJI dealer I bought it. And I'm getting a replacement since they also don't know the reason...
2015-2-24
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've got the same issue now. Flew okay yesterday, today "No Signal". Using a Android tablet. Tried iPhone, still the same problem. There was an error initially that said battery failed to connect to main board, but has since gone away.
2015-2-24
Use props
davegsa.live
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had the same problem with my first inspire "no video feed" tried both android and IOS devices, same result if I started it up in the house the video feed was fine and soon as I took it out to fly the video feed would go . I took it back to dealer where we tried a new transmitter same result, fine in shop where warm but in cold no video feed, which led us to believe it was a problem with a connection in the drone, had to wait 3 weeks for dealer to get more Inspires in swapped it and everything is fine.
Think someone building the Inspire has poor eyesight when soldering
2015-2-24
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

davegsa.live Posted at 2015-2-24 20:59
I had the same problem with my first inspire "no video feed" tried both android and IOS devices, sam ...

That's depressing. Its been working fine up until today.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the connection points between the camera and the Gimbal. You may have to lift them a bit to make good contact. This problem has been posted before and that was the solution. Poor contact will make the camera operation sporadic.
2015-2-24
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yep, looked like it was a seating issue with the Gimbal. Thanks Roger.
2015-2-24
Use props
DroneyBaloney
lvl.1

United States

202pictures Posted at 2015-2-24 16:52
Has the problem kept occurring since the first time that happened? Mine never came back working so ...

It actually just happened ten minutes ago.  I was flying with no problems (save again for a momentary loss of gps) when all of a sudden I lost signal.  I had someone spotting me so I had them keep an eye on it while I backed out to the home screen and quickly went back into the camera.  As soon as I got back into the camera, the feed popped back up and I continued flying with no incident.  My spotter said it held steady as I was fudging around with the app.  I only went up about, 100 ft and was no further that fifty yards away during my flight.
2015-2-24
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I've only had this thing for 3 days and flew only twice - yesterday, I start up but camera 's view is black after turning everything off and on a few times then things look "Normal" green bar "Safe to fly" but after lifting off "No signal" red bar I can still fly and record but I can not go more than about 30 feet (BTW - I'm in beginner mode) I just wish it would work without problems it gets stressful I'm trying to figure out an exact order of starting up i.e....TX - bird - exit travel via the switch on the Tx - turn off bird - attach camera - turn on bird - now enter the app and camera selection and that order "Seems" to be working fine ...Does Anyone have a different order of starting up and dose anyone have suggestions for me.
2015-2-25
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

The same thing here! i can tilt the gimbal up down but no video feed and "No Signal" massage on the top bar.

Someone solved this issue?
2015-3-3
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I'm not sure it's only a connector issue. the camera didn't work with second Inspire too, so it probably have an issue,  but i still get "No Signal" even when no camera attached!  full satellite reception. never get "Ready to fly" only "No Signal"
2015-3-4
Use props
kennethhosk
New

Malaysia

i have the same problem too, sometimes no video signal, and my device keep asking to upgrade firmware, sometimes it work perfect.
2015-3-12
Use props
kennethhosk
New

Malaysia

this the the photo
11042227_10206409036528124_1403163751_n.jpg
2015-3-12
Use props
kennethhosk
New

Malaysia

[00004180]Packet [C:\WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin] detected.
[00004203]Packet upgrade start...

[00004217]Packet checking...
[00004225]Done.

[00004240]Version checking[1]...
[00004249][01 00] v1.3.1993 -> v1.3.1993
[00004300][03 05] v34.1.0.5 -> v34.1.0.5
[00004340][03 06] v1.15.4.9 -> v1.15.4.9
[00004359][04 00] v1.5.0.61 -> v1.5.0.61
[00004401][05 00] v2.3.6.0 -> v2.3.6.0
[00004418][08 00] v1.10.0.14 -> v1.10.0.14
[00004436][09 00] v1.6.6.1 -> v1.6.6.1
[00004481][11 00] v3.0.0.11 -> v3.0.0.11
[00004541][12 00] v1.3.0.60 -> v1.3.0.60
[00004601][12 01] v1.3.0.60 -> v1.3.0.60
[00004661][12 02] v1.3.0.60 -> v1.3.0.60
[00004701][12 03] v1.3.0.60 -> v1.3.0.60
[00013524][15 00] device not detected.
[00013559][17 00] v1.0.2.4 -> v1.0.2.4
[00013639][17 01] v1.0.0.9 -> v1.0.0.9
[00013659][19 00] v1.0.8.59 -> v1.0.8.59
[00013668]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.
2015-3-13
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

How long had the Inspire been in the air?  Was it a long session or had you only been flying for a few minutes?
2015-3-13
Use props
Peyson Winterwa
lvl.1

United States

I'm still having this issue.  Has anyone figured out a solution?  I'd rather not mail my bird to CA and be without it for a month!
2015-3-13
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7962966 ft
United States

Had your problem but seems resolved –for now. However, it is disappointing to see 24 hr support on the DJI web but learn it isn't provided US customers. Having been told to contact my dealer, three days without any answer have passed until now they suggest I return my Inspire to them to have a decision on sending it to DJI to have a decision on what is to be done with a three-week old Inspire.

My problem: the unit worked fine and only two of the flights since delivery occasioned loss of GPS, and using ATTI it landed fine. The video worked well and I've never had to remove the camera because I transport flat on a foam pad in my van. 

After the last flight I tried to use after recharging batteries but the controller (which connected to the quad okay for starting engines, etc.) then reported "no signal" plus no control on the gimbal nor camera info. The gimbal would do its dance on power-up, then go limp. 

Online suggestions were to remove and reseat the gimbal, which I've done. Before referring me to the US DJI for help, the DJI chat operator suggested a half-turn looser on the two screws securing the gimbal's connector which I've done, as well as cleaning contacts on both connectors.

At this point the gimbal control (up/down, pan, reset) had returned, and continued okay for the several minutes I experimented. The camera felt hot – no fan noise. Still, still no video and Pilot reported no signal, and there were no camera controls such as SD card % remaining and exposure settings. The camera is critical as I am interested in the photography, not the flight experience.

The problem seemed beyond me. Figuring the unit was defective and headed back for repairs anyway, I kept cleaning the contacts, tried to reinstall the firmware, cleaning the contact again...and suddenly the gimbal began functioning under command. Unlike earlier, it kept responding and didn't lock up after a few minutes.

I continued cleaning, replacing, cleaning, loosened the screws on the gimbal pins plate another half turn, etc...and the camera eventually returned and the "no signal" was replaced with ready to fly.

I went flying for about 30 minutes on two batteries and the drone flew okay, and didn't lose GPS. The drone at first reported "no SD card" so I reinstalled that a couple times until it took (with power off, of course.)

This doesn't seem like a scientific method. Something happened which seems possible to continue plaguing me. This cost me three days shooting, two of which were perfect light here in northern Colorado.
2015-3-14
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-3-15 13:06
Had your problem but seems resolved –for now. However, it is disappointing to see 24 hr support on  ...

With firmware .17 you get 'no signal' when the gimble/camera is not attached to the Inspire1.

Your problem indicates to me that you have a camera-fan issue
2015-3-14
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

I agree...attached correctly but occasionally losing contact somehow
2015-3-17
Use props
kennethhosk
New

Malaysia

I need to thanks Dji support center, finally my inspire video signal has worked perfectly,  i gently pull the contact pin at the inspire out a bit with some paper, it  seem to work back again now,  is the contact problem, Thks.
IMG_20150320_203550.jpg
2015-3-20
Use props
rustysilverwing
lvl.3
United States

This should be published as a set of potential solutions, any or all of which help resolve the problem. Another issue is careless mounting of the gimbal with damage to the pins...they can be carefully straightened. While these steps improved the issue of "no signal" for me the Inspire still had the occasional problem, and the dealer has arranged a replacement at no cost to me other than shipping. I recommend prospective Inspire buyers to consider DronesEtc in Utah.
2015-3-21
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

rustysilverwing Posted at 2015-3-21 23:21
This should be published as a set of potential solutions, any or all of which help resolve the probl ...

Today I had the same....cleaning  the gimbal contacts did the fix
Thanks
2015-3-22
Use props
kennethhosk
New

Malaysia

OMG, after few days of go condition, it happen again today, tomorrow i got a very important job to fly the Inspire 1, it happen again, "No Signal" and update firmware, what should i do ???
2015-3-27
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Have not updated to .17 and same issues as above
2015-3-29
Use props
jfro
lvl.1

United States

I have gone through 2 cameras with the same problem  I got 3 flights in when the first no communications came up.  Then got a replacement unit (amongst some other issues) and got in 7-8 more successful flights in the 8-12 minute range.  Then went to Kauai, and on about the 8th flight, while hovering 1 minute into the start of a flight, it died again.  No bringing it back.

Full unit has been shipped back to DJI.  I'll continue to follow this thread with interest as I learned nothing from multiple calls to tech support.  I checked and blew off contacts on my own, but no one suggested the paper trick to move up contacts.

Super disappointed both in unit and the tech support effort.   
2015-3-30
Use props
ufuk celik
New

Turkey

Has the problem kept occurring since the first time that happened? Mine never came back working so ...

what kind of replacement?
2015-4-4
Use props
ufuk celik
New

Turkey

replacement
2015-4-4
Use props
coastrnut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23068 ft
United States

I had the "No Signal" issue today as well.  I tried re-seating the camera to the mount, after cleaning the pins, nothing.   After talking with tech support, tried to re-install the app - thinking that might be the issue, still nothing.    Finally found the problem for me -  the SD card.  I bought a 32gig SD card from Target, used it last week, no problems.  I thought, maybe that was a problem.  So, switched back to the original SD card that came with the Inspire, and connected - no issues!   Safe to fly, and video back.  I then tried to switch back to the 32gig card, and same issue, No Signal, no video.   I then re-formatted the 32gig SD card, and tried it again, and behold, that card now worked - connected, Safe to fly, and got the video back.  
So, if anyone else is having issues, try re-formatting the SD card.  That solved my issue.  
2015-4-27
Use props
peter.wilder-as
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1433632 ft
United Kingdom

Changing the SD card worked for me. Interestingly enough this occurred after using the flight simulator mode. Im not sure if that had anything to do with it.
2015-5-3
Use props
tygeragon
New

Slovakia

Have same issue. But cleaning or changing the SD card did not worked for me. Must be something with the battery.

Few days ago I had this problem for the first time. I updated the inspire. No luck. So I updated it to a lower firmware. Nothing. For two days the drone was just sitting there. I wanted to see if something changed before I give it back to the store. All was OK, the video responded. I made a fully flight with one battery. After I changed the battery the problem was again there. I thought that when I add back the previous battery (already charged) it will work. But had no luck. Will try to wait another two days to see if it will be again "alive"
2015-11-19
Use props
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

tygeragon Posted at 2015-11-19 22:01
Have same issue. But cleaning or changing the SD card did not worked for me. Must be something with  ...

Try to follow bellow steps:

- Start with the master RC
- From RC Settings, put the master remote to "OFF" then put it back to "MASTER"
- Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (foto) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
- By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

The controller will do a reset and the video link will be back!

You can do the same steps to the Slave conttroler aswell.
2015-11-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules