View .DAT files
23338 23 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21414 ft
Canada

I need to find software to view .DAT files from a P4.  I have transferred the .DAT files from the aircraft to my PC but can't find a Program that will allow me to view them.
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can view DAT files with DatCon.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Sorry, I should have beed more specific.  I used DatCon product to produce detailed Excel data but I would like to view files similar to the Healthy Drone software for .TXT files
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I've never seen Healthy Drones style software that is able to load in data from DAT files.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 06:27
I've never seen Healthy Drones style software that is able to load in data from DAT files.

Healthy Drone can only upload .TXT files.  I need a product can upload .DAT files and produce similar results as the Healthy Drone software
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I understand. What you're seeking does not exist.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 06:32
Yes, I understand. What you're seeking does not exist.

DJI must have such a product as they viewed my files when the aircraft went to them for repairs...
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The app they use is not available to the public.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 06:40

I guess the obvious question is...why is not available to the public?  I assume DJI is not trying to "hide" their Test Flight results.  Makes no logical sense not to make available software to assist their customers.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-26 07:40
Lots of companies have a way to read their "black box" logs but don't give that software to customers.  DJI gives us the txt files and the flight logs on the device which don't have all the data, if they gave us some program to dig deeper it's going to cause lots of extra support calls when people don't understand the data.

My P4 had two uncontrolled "fly aways"...first was minor crash.  The second was major crash.  I was not in control at all.  DJI stated otherwise and would not consider my claim of an uncontrolled fly away...no warranty.  Very very frustrating.  The .DAT files I retrieved from the aircraft after repairs show nine test flights...I simply want to see the flights.  Why so secretive?
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fanscbd5efc9 Posted at 2017-2-26 07:57
My P4 had two uncontrolled "fly aways"...first was minor crash.  The second was major crash.  I was not in control at all.  DJI stated otherwise and would not consider my claim of an uncontrolled fly away...no warranty.  Very very frustrating.  The .DAT files I retrieved from the aircraft after repairs show nine test flights...I simply want to see the flights.  Why so secretive?

Your TXT flight logs will show whether or not you were in control. There is no need to dig into the DAT flight logs for that information.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 08:09
Your TXT flight logs will show whether or not you were in control. There is no need to dig into the DAT flight logs for that information.

Back to square one...My hands were not touching joy sticks...aircraft took off...crashed...DJI software says my joy stick was in control...that was not the situation...Guess I'm the only one to ever have an uncontrolled fly away...at least that is how DJI sees it.  Not fair.
2017-2-26
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You have your flight logs. You can prove you weren't touching the joysticks if that was really the case.
2017-2-26
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

I had a fly away after my P4 initially dropped itself into the water. Dji dont want to admit any issue on their end as there is no data of the actual flyaway. It stopped recording data cause it dipped itself in saltwater first the flew away I had no control at all.But as there is no proof of the actual flyaway dji are giving me nothing
2017-2-26
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

My flight logs also show stick movement that I was not in control of.It also shows a stick movement of going forward but it didnt actually travel forward go figure.dju have alot to answer for if you ask me
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

TJF059 Posted at 2017-2-26 18:54
My flight logs also show stick movement that I was not in control of.It also shows a stick movement of going forward but it didnt actually travel forward go figure.dju have alot to answer for if you ask me

I just sent this email to DJI Support.

DJI NA Repair Admin

Regarding your decision of my Phantom 4 repair subsequent to an uncontrolled fly away and crash.

1.        Further evaluation regarding your message below and a review of my flight log and video.  You stated below: “User commanded full roll right, unit flying sideways to the right before impact.  Obstacle
2.        avoidance is only active on the front of the unit.”.  The .TXT flight records (from my Tablet) are as follows:  “Detected that the left stick is controlling the heading.”  It’s my understanding that the left joy stick controls ascend/descend and yaw (a twisting or oscillation of a moving ship or aircraft around a vertical axis).  How is it possible that, as stated below: “User commanded full roll right, unit flying sideways to the right before impact.” when the right joystick was not being touched (according to technical data from .TXT file).
Your anticipated response will be appreciated by many.

Regards,
2017-2-27
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 06:40

That would make sense if DAT Files of all DJI drones can't be accessed.
But: Phantom 3 files can be uploaded, viewed and converted. For example here:
www.djilogs.com
2017-3-2
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-2 12:21
That would make sense if DAT Files of all DJI drones can't be accessed.
But: Phantom 3 files can be uploaded, viewed and converted. For example here:
www.djilogs.com

I was aware that the Phantom 3 FLYXXX.TXT files could be uploaded and viewed but the Phantom 4 .DAT files cannot using that application.  Thanks for your response.
2017-3-3
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fanscbd5efc9 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:44
I was aware that the Phantom 3 FLYXXX.TXT files could be uploaded and viewed but the Phantom 4 .DAT files cannot using that application.  Thanks for your response.

Also Phantom 3 DAT files can be uploaded, not just txt!
Cheers!
2017-3-3
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

DJI mysteriously could not find any flight data logs on my P4.  Therefore, no warranty claim.  My reply was since there were no recordings onboard, then that was a defect.  Of course, Customer Service does not agree.  I am still fighting the issue but once they get your drone and/or money, you don't count.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-4
Use props
fanscbd5efc9
lvl.2
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2017-2-26 08:09

With all due respect, that is your opinion...I'm the one that paid $2000 for a P4...show the customer what he requests.
2017-3-9
Use props
ron0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153858 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you been able to get your issue resolved?  You mentioned $2000 for your P4.  Add in the replacement cost.  I have a similar issue with my P4P that it ended up in the water after a compass switch.  DJI says I was flying in an unsafe environment.  My P4P is still at DJI, but I also want to see why this flight had a problem and the previous flight at the same site did not.  It is simple root cause analysis.
2017-9-1
Use props
DronePlayer1897
lvl.1

United States

https://www.remotegeo.com/software/linevision-desktop/  will do it.
2019-10-28
Use props
pearson456
lvl.1

India

Sorry to hear about the trouble. But before you can go with any software, I think you should try some effective manuals first to repair the corrupt DAT video file. So I am suggesting you run the SFC scan to resolve this problem. To do so, press Windows + R keys > type cmd > hit Enter to begin the Windows command prompt. Then, right-click on Command Prompt > Run as administrator > type sfc/scannow and hit Enter. This will surely help you to view your DAT file easily.
To know more, you can visit: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/fix-dat-video-file
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules