RTH: DJI-Go vs Litchi
972 3 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

I was testing the range of my P3S the other day and, while using Litchi (iOS version), the instant I lost connection RTH was initiated. There was no delay nor time to adjust my controller position in an attempt to restore the rc signal.

I decided I would try the same test only this time I would use the DJI-Go app. with this app I would see the warning "Signal lost" and before RTH kicked in I had time to at least try to adjust my (DBS) attenna position. More often than not I was able to restore the signal before RTH kicked in.

So my question is, has anyone noticed that Litchi is much quicker to kick in RTH than the usual 3 second delay within the DJI-Go app?

2017-2-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Nope.  I have been using Litchi since 2015 and it takes 3 seconds for me.  

How do you know it's instant if you don't have a connection?
2017-2-26
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-26 07:08
Nope.  I have been using Litchi since 2015 and it takes 3 seconds for me.  

How do you know it's instant if you don't have a connection?

I see the my signal strength drop to zero immediately followed by RTH initiated message.  The Go app is more "forgiving". Same rc signal drop, pause....., RTH. Lots of cases in the latter where I can avoid the RTH by repositioning the controller and regaining signal strength.  
BTW: Despite thr RC signal loss, I still have video and can see the drone turn towards home...
2017-2-26
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.3
Canada

I ran several more tests with both app then compared the log files from each. In all case the DJI-Go app initiates RTH 3 seconds after signal lost. Litchi, on the other hand, 1.1 seconds after signal loss. I can repeat this at will but I have no way of telling if this is due to lag or just an anomaly within the Litchi log file.  
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules