Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Analog2112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29127 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey All!

I was live streaming my bands pre-show set up last night. I got home late last night and checked it. Anyone seen this behavior? It kinda skips. I was connected to the bars wifi. I also did a motion time lapse that turned out perfect. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

2017-2-26
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

The "issue" is streaming on the Osmo doesn't work.  You got much better results than I've been able to in my testing.  My streams have been 80% black.  

You've got some kind of corollary there with focusing and the dropped signal.  It looks like right before or after many of the drops the Osmo is trying to focus.  I'd be curious what happens if you turn off the autofcous.

Also looks like the video is slightly sped up.  I've not been able to get mine to stream in big enough chunks to see that error but I know when my wifi signal between camera and the iPhone lags I get that same speed up effect until it catches back up to real time.
2017-2-26
Use props
Analog2112
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Ok ill try to take off the auto focus. Seems to be the most logical explanation. I know the wifi at the bar is good because I set it up for the owner Im an IT Professional.
2017-2-26
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

What version of the Osmo are you using?  If it's a regular Osmo or Osmo+  (not Mobile) then it's not using the wifi to stream, Wifi handles the connection to the camera.  It's using your iPhone's cellular data connection.  Doing a simple speed test will let you know that upload speed.   Not sure if these things will make a difference but something to try would be lower the Osmo frame size/rate.  Shoot 1080/30p on Osmo+ or 720/30 on Osmo (not 4k).  Also turn off phone Bluetooth etc.  Curious to know if you get better results.
2017-2-28
Use props
Analog2112
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Its the Mobile. I will try your suggestions next time and let you know.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules