Battery power button way too sensitive!!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I purchased a 2nd DJI genuine battery a while ago for my P3A via Jessops in the UK.

I've noticed recently (as i've been using that battery much more) that the power button on it is ridculously sensitive.  The stock battery that came with the drone has a nice click when you press it to turn it on off.  However, my second battery only takes a brush of the finger to switch it!!  It feels so sensitive that I really don't feel like risking my drone with it anymore.

Anyone else have this before?  Is there a way to free up the button on the battery?

Thanks

Stu
2017-2-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like a dodgy switch, although power on/off is a two stage process. I would take it back to Jessops as faulty , 'not fit for purpose', and get it exchanged.
2017-2-26
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I agree with Aardvark, take it back to store. For sure, take Your battery too to show seller "how it suppose to be".
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the battery SN? would you please make a short video here showing the situation you described? thanks.
2017-2-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A demonstrative video will show its malfunction, of over sensitivity.

It sounds like something is loose or not fully engaged internally.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-26
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 22:55
What is the battery SN? would you please make a short video here showing the situation you described? thanks.

Hi Natalia,

It is hard to make a video as it cannot show the 'sensitivity' of the button nor the lack of a nice 'click'.  But there is definitely something wrong.

The battery serial number is 6171155052977.

I have phoned Jessops and they have said to contact you in the first instance.  Please can you let me know if you can help me?

Thanks
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Homestead72 Posted at 2017-2-27 01:28
Hi Natalia,

It is hard to make a video as it cannot show the 'sensitivity' of the button nor the lack of a nice 'click'.  But there is definitely something wrong.

I checked the SN, it is the DJI official intelligent battery, I think it performs fine.
While it's hard to verify  whether there is something wrong without a video remotely.
In that case, the best course would be sent it in to our official service center for evaluation.
You can submit a case here and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-27
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-27 01:56
I checked the SN, it is the DJI official intelligent battery, I think it performs fine.
While it's hard to verify  whether there is something wrong without a video remotely.
In that case, the best course would be sent it in to our official service center for evaluation.

Hi Natalia,

I sent my battery back in to the Netherlands service centre.  It was tracked as received by DJI last Thursday  yet the online case status says that it is still to be received??

Case number CAS-478120-R2L2G4

Are you able to confirm that it has been received please?

Thanks

Stuart
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Homestead72 Posted at 2017-3-6 10:19
Hi Natalia,

I sent my battery back in to the Netherlands service centre.  It was tracked as received by DJI last Thursday  yet the online case status says that it is still to be received??

Stuart, it takes several business days to check in and update the system, please do not worry about it since it's delivered.
I'll also inform our repair team to take care of your case, thanks for your supporting.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules