Another blurred edge issue
1493 12 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well, I've had my mavic for about 10 days (only managed to ge out a couple of times) but I have spent a bit of time reading the forums. Unfortunately from my first flight I suspected I had the unfortunate blurred edges, but as I wasn't used to all the camera controls etc and I had the plastic cover on I thought things might improve. This morning unfotuntely I went out to test this and it seems to be as suspected.

All my shots and video are blurred in the top left and bottom right. Inlcuded a few jpegs (from dng) and some still screen grabs off video footage. I then also tested the mavic against a patterned wallpaper. As you can see top left and bottom right are mush. I've tried different settings, focusing in differnt areas, etc etc but to no avail.

Thoughts anyone or should I put this down to a return and hope I get a model that's unaffected? I'm gutted after spending so much money and being so excited to finally receive my drone.

Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web_3.jpg
Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web_4.jpg
Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web_6.jpg
Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web_7.jpg
Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web_8.jpg
Mavic_Blurry_Edge_Test_Web.jpg
2017-2-26
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try the camera reset first, also light levela are low in these, which makes things tough for it with slow shutter speeds complicating things.
I have seen some suggestion that using the C1 to centre focus acts different to tapping on screen - see what you think.
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Is the firmware up to date?
Please try 4wd's advice.
If the problem persists, please upload the original images to dropbox and send me the link.
Please do not edit or rename the original files.
Thanks in advanced.
2017-2-26
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

See more here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-69767-1-1.html

Unfortunately it's a hardware problem with the lens not being perfectly perpendicular with the lens resulting in a portion of the photo being out of focus. No way to fix it without sending it in for replacement.
2017-2-26
Use props
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks all. I have thought it could be the lighting conditions but checked my first days videos and although still slightly overcast (i do live in the UK) they are out of focus at the edge.
2017-2-27
Use props
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks all. I have thought it could be the lighting conditions but checked my first days videos and although still slightly overcast (i do live in the UK) they are out of focus at the edge. I've also just done some more in brighter light and it still persisits. I have tried the tap to focus and centre focus but both wil leave a blurry edge.

I'm running firmware:

App - Version 4.0.4 (iOS)
Aircraft -  Version 01.03.0400
Remote Controller -  Version 01.03.0400

I've also done a camera reset, and still the same issue. Unfortunately im leaning to agree with geofox784, and think its a mis-alignment of the sensor. Such a shame as everything else is fantastic. Hopefully this can be resolved.

The original files are on the following link thanks DJI Mindy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xwhvv ... 1imqIycc_RoeCa?dl=0
2017-2-27
Use props
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here are some brick wall tests outside as this seems to be a good indicator. These are just processed from the .dng (no adjustments) and then made less than 1MB in size to post in here.
DJI_0010_Web_Small.jpg
DJI_0011_Web_Small.jpg
2017-2-27
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

Be aware that the replacement process is excessively long.. they have had mine since the 10th Feb and I still don't know when I'm getting it back.
2017-2-27
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the same boat, had to send it back due to out of focus corner, RING dji , dont bother going down the email route, they mess you around and ignore emails, as soon as I rang them they arranged shipping for repair.....then the real fun begins. Its been slow and painfull but with any luck mine will ship back by the end of this week, but who knows dji dont seem in any hurry.
repair.jpg
2017-2-27
Use props
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aaticri Posted at 2017-2-27 04:58
Be aware that the replacement process is excessively long.. they have had mine since the 10th Feb and I still don't know when I'm getting it back.

Not good to hear, but I can't use a faulty one, so I think I'll have to go through the process. What did yours go back for Aaticri? And where does it end up going in the UK or abroad?
2017-2-27
Use props
Damo0852
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DevonDrone Posted at 2017-2-27 05:28
In the same boat, had to send it back due to out of focus corner, RING dji , dont bother going down the email route, they mess you around and ignore emails, as soon as I rang them they arranged shipping for repair.....then the real fun begins. Its been slow and painfull but with any luck mine will ship back by the end of this week, but who knows dji dont seem in any hurry.

Thanks, I think I will do that. Shame to see so many owners with the issue. So far I have only tried contact via email/forums.
2017-2-27
Use props
DevonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71716 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damo0852 Posted at 2017-2-27 05:36
Thanks, I think I will do that. Shame to see so many owners with the issue. So far I have only tried contact via email/forums.

I also tried email etc, waited a week no reply, then I rang them, the person on the phone said why didnt I email them before ref the problem...then they searched and said I hadn't emailed, no record of it.... its like pulling teeth. but 20 mins on the phone and it was all sorted, you have to ship it to the netherlands repair center then just wait like we are now. For the money I spent i'm not happy at all, a simple pre sales check would pick these problems up rather than passing it along to us. Anyway get on the phone to them, I attached the contact numbers for dji, use the uk one at the bottom, and good luck!
Jim.
dji contact.jpg
2017-2-27
Use props
Aaticri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213022 ft
United Kingdom

Mine went to Netherlands for right side focus issue and despite being emailed and told 5 days it's been 15 now and live chat fobs you off with words like probably be next week and I do understand but the reality is they have had my drone longer than I did and given that the lead time on ordering a new one is 1-3 days I just don't understand the delay but you are correct you can't use it with a camera that can't focus. But just be prepared to wait. I would have been happier if they didn't lie about the time it was gonna take at the beginning
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules