Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone on Airplane
2172 4 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone every had any trouble carrying their drone onto a plane?

I just got my Mavic for a trip to Bali at the end of March and am a little concerned with some of the wording in the Garuda Indonesia website.

https://www.garuda-indonesia.com ... on-information.page
2017-2-26
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Nope. No problem at all last month. I fly from Amsterdam to Miami in two weeks. The Mavic, batteries and remote are stored in my suitcase.
2017-2-26
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Ha this is the response I got from Garuda Indonesia... No chance Im checking this thing,

Dear Mr. Salvatore,

Salam Garuda Indonesia.

We are very thankful for using Garuda Indonesia Online Booking.

Responding to your inquiry, we inform you that drone is allowed to bring, however it will be recheck again by airport staff and the decision whether it will be accepted or not is from airport custom cleareance.

May this confirmation give you enough information. Thank you for choosing Garuda Indonesia Airlines.

Best Regards,
PT Garuda Indonesia (Persero) Tbk.
Global Contact Center

Hifdzi

**For further inquiry, please send new email with new subject and do not reply to this one, because we already closed this case.
2017-2-27
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

Sangarone Posted at 2017-2-27 04:43
Ha this is the response I got from Garuda Indonesia... No chance Im checking this thing,

What is the final result?
2018-3-21
Use props
ingtorto83
lvl.1
Italy

yes please, let us know how did you do then? Is it possible to bring a Mavic Air on a Garuda Airplane?
2018-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules