Is Phatom 3Pro generally this crappy or it is my drone
1005 8 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dharmmy
lvl.1

Nigeria

So since I got my drone(P3P), I av not really been recording any video. All I have been doin is flying and practising how to master flying the drone. So of recent, I jst strtd taking video with it but I have been really disappointed with the image quality. I av shot on 4K, and Full HD bt I still dont like the image at all. It is worse when I shoot trees. Evrytyin looks like it is pixelated or something and at thesame time too sharp. I dont even understand. Like the drone was built with too much inbuilt compression. I tried checking for suggestions online. A tutorial mentioned reducing the sharpness to -2, contrast to -3, color to -2. I did that and everything looked almost blury. I was trying to bring down the "too sharp" look but it came out worse. I shot in Dlog, tried to do the color correction and grading, everything fell apart  quickly. Please what am I doing wrong. Any suggestions on ideal settings, I will really appreciate it. I dont like the image quality AT ALL
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

I would like some advice on this as well. I hope some Pro's have some good tips.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please upload several pictures and a video directly from SD card to Dropbox?
Please do not edit them at all, thanks.
2017-2-27
Use props
Dharmmy
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-27 01:24
Would you please upload several pictures and a video directly from SD card to Dropbox?
Please do not edit them at all, thanks.

Here are the dropbox links. They are left raw straight from the camera. No editing
1. 4K video sample
2. Full HD Video
3. Image 1
4. Image 2
5. Image 3
6. Image 4
2017-2-28
Use props
Dharmmy
lvl.1

Nigeria

Can someone Please help look into this
2017-2-28
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

Dharmmy Posted at 2017-2-28 07:06
Can someone Please help look into this

Looks fine to me. You can't except much from a 1/2.3" sensor and such a small lens. Every stunning P3 picture or video you've seen has gone through heavy post-processing, that's what you have to do with limited cameras.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dharmmy Posted at 2017-2-28 05:17
Here are the dropbox links. They are left raw straight from the camera. No editing
1. 4K video sample
2. Full HD Video

I've transferred the files to our engineers for evaluation, will get back to you when we get any news.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

China

Dharmmy Posted at 2017-2-28 05:17
1. 4K video sample
2. Full HD Video

Firstly, the resolution of P3's lens is high and there is no OLPF in P3, so the image captured by P3 may look sharp, which maybe not a problem. Hope you can understand that It's hard to satisfy everyone's taste. Secondly, size of P3's image sensor is only 1/2.3, whose dynamic range is limited and pixel size is small. Besides, the record video is 8bit YUV420 H.264. The post processing space maybe limited on 8bit YUV420 compared to 10bit YUV422.
2017-3-14
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Helimage Posted at 2017-2-28 09:50
Looks fine to me. You can't except much from a 1/2.3" sensor and such a small lens. Every stunning P3 picture or video you've seen has gone through heavy post-processing, that's what you have to do with limited cameras.

Except mine lol.  I just post raw pictures and video's unedited.

In the editing department I am still inept.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules