1234Next >
5962 127 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

just curious how our old our group members are.
Single SelectVote, Total 196 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

5.10% (10)
6.63% (13)
16.33% (32)
25.00% (49)
26.53% (52)
15.82% (31)
4.59% (9)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-2-27
Use props
nilmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

Age 61 and I have 2 DJI P3 Pro
2017-2-27
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Interesting outcome, wouldn't have though!
2017-2-27
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

will b 41 in april.
2017-2-27
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

Thus far a small number of respondents but if the current results pan out this confirms my suspicion that it seems the 50+ set is well represented. My wife thinks SES is at play, meaning socioeconomic status (old people have a little more money to spend on non-necessary pursuits). I would expect a bump in the millennials tho since they are tech-savvy and have the well honed gamers hand-eye coordination. Will watch this poll, could be interesting.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-27 07:51
I've long thought there's a big group of us in the ~50-60 range, this could be an interesting poll.

I think this will hold true,

partly like some say , the economics of it

I tend to think our age grew up more curious and more hands on than todays
we watched the whole technology era from beginning to now..

I am always looking to find and do new things....
for example bought a nice coffee roaster 6 months back and make some kick butt coffee now

have fun flying!

2017-2-27
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm 30. Been flying for 5 years.
2017-2-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Birth certificate claims I'm 63, but I don't resemble that...  ;-)

Been flying RC for only a few short years.  Started in or around Oct 2012.

$8000.00 later... Here I am. Ha
Single, or I'd never be able to admit to my awesome RC addiction.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-27
Use props
QR7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120299 ft
United States

53 years old on birth certificate,  12 years old if you talk to my wife!  

Just started two months ago with P3A
2017-2-27
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

I am 16 . Youngest here? 2 years of playing drones, started with minidrone hubsan x4 (50€), then bought walkera qr x350(500€) and now finally phantom 3 advanced.
2017-2-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

56 at last Birthday. Bought an RC buggy (nothing to do with my username - another story) a couple of decades ago, but bought my first quad (a P4) last August. Bought my P4P in December. At this rate, I should have the mythical P5 by next August...
2017-2-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

54 going on 55, my only worry is if I die that my wife will sell all my toys for the prices I told her I paid for them. Lol..
2017-2-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlecW Posted at 2017-2-27 14:36
LOL, I just got a new 32" 3840x2160 res monitor over the weekend.  Told her is was about $500

Cheaper than a pair of shoes....
2017-2-27
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

51 to 60? Could be due to the price point.
2017-2-27
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am a noob at 72 years young.  Just got my part 107 Certificate to add drone pics to my real estate photo business. Flying a P4.
2017-2-27
Use props
Ryan2016
lvl.1
Belize

I am 65 and cannot believe the lack of care with the DJI support.  I am so sorry I purchased this Phantom 4.  I did the update that was required, (so I thought at the time), to 0620 and screwed up my drone.  I've left numerous messages in the forum and went online with customer support.  Online support, was some child that spent more time putting me on hold (visiting with friends at work) than actually trying to understand my issue.  His answer in the first 3 minutes was the usb port is not working and to send the drone in for repair.  What??  I just purchased it a month ago.  Yep, that's the problem.  Anymore questions??  NO!
And my quest for help on this forum has been ignored for two months.  And then I read the Phantom 4 support is discontinued....  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, SPEND $ 2500.00 DOLLARS FOR A PROFESSIONAL DRONE FOR A MONTH, AND SUPPORT IS DISCONTINUED.  That totally makes me want to purchase more products from DJI.  I AM EXTREMELY UNHAPPY FOR THE WAY DJI SUPPORTS THEIR CUSTOMERS.  
THIS LACK OF RESPONSE AND TOTAL LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM IS A TOTAL DISRESPECT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS.
2017-2-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ryan2016 Posted at 2017-2-27 17:10
...  And then I read the Phantom 4 support is discontinued....  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, SPEND $ 2500.00 DOLLARS FOR A PROFESSIONAL DRONE FOR A MONTH, AND SUPPORT IS DISCONTINUED.  ...

Where did you read that Phantom 4 support was discontinued? I think mean 'Phantom 4 production', because otherwise I don't believe you are correct.
2017-2-27
Use props
Col-Drone
lvl.2

United States

56 and counting.
2017-2-27
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

56 also .Still young at heart.
2017-2-27
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

I am 65 and cannot believe the lack of care with the DJI support.  I am so sorry I purchased this Phantom 4.  I did the update that was required, (so I thought at the time), to 0620 and screwed up my drone.  I've left numerous messages in the forum and went online with customer support.  Online support, was some child that spent more time putting me on hold (visiting with friends at work) than actually trying to understand my issue.  His answer in the first 3 minutes was the usb port is not working and to send the drone in for repair.  What??  I just purchased it a month ago.  Yep, that's the problem.  Anymore questions??  NO!
And my quest for help on this forum has been ignored for two months.  And then I read the Phantom 4 support is discontinued....  ARE YOU KIDDING ME, SPEND $ 2500.00 DOLLARS FOR A PROFESSIONAL DRONE FOR A MONTH, AND SUPPORT IS DISCONTINUED.  That totally makes me want to purchase more products from DJI.  I AM EXTREMELY UNHAPPY FOR THE WAY DJI SUPPORTS THEIR CUSTOMERS.  
THIS LACK OF RESPONSE AND TOTAL LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM IS A TOTAL DISRESPECT OF YOUR CUSTOMERS.

I have almost 30 DJI products, 29 have been flawless. I can assure you that they will not discontinue support for the Phantom 4 anytime soon. They only stopped production. They will help you. Try the online chat.

On another note, who charged you $2500 for a Phantom 4?
2017-2-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-2-27 19:02

We aren't all in the U.S. you know...   He's in Belize.
2017-2-27
Use props
PassBy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139967 ft

Malaysia

wow.70++ interesting.. haha..
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry that your issue was missed, I unfortunately do not see any posts beyond the last few hours. Based on the information provided on another thread, it could be that the firmware update was interrupted, but I would need more information. In regards to reaching out to other areas of Support, did you only go to online chat that one time, or did you contact either support@dji.com or support.us@dji.com as well? If so, could you happen to provide the ticket numbers from that correspondence so I can look into it? Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you have not been able to attempt any of the newer firmware updates either through the Go4 app or the Assistant 2 software?
2017-2-27
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

17 P3Pro  
2017-2-28
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

Were all big kids at Heart just enjoy what your doing lifes to short.
2017-2-28
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

56 two P3S
2017-2-28
Use props
Churubusco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

Hey Ryan 2016 maybe you posted your questions in the wrong post. It seems you took advantage of this light hearted post about about Drone ownership and age and turned it into a self serving rant. P.S. you probably should get out of this hobby.
2017-2-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Looks like us geezers win

Fifty is Nifty

2017-2-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I am 64 soon to be 65 I hope! Have owned a Phantom 3 Advanced for about 1 1/2 years. This has to be one of the most exciting things I have ever experienced. I have had my share of fun too. Enjoyed stock car racing, motorcycle riding, and go-cart racing in my 20's, and was a race car engine builder for 20+ years, and now I am still a machinist and tool & die maker. Soon to retire I hope. LOL
I have always wanted to pursue my dream of flying, but was just never able to do it. The Phantom has enabled me to experience flying, probably as close as I will ever get at this point given my age and at this point in my life. And I couldn't be happier. These machines are truly amazing to me and can't imagine what the future will bring.
2017-2-28
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

I would be curious how this reflects with sales. I wonder how the survey on here reflects more towards users that are online more frequently, compared to users infrequently, compared to sales demographics. I wonder if DJI collects this data through post sales surveys/DJI Go account/etc.

I would gather by this survey so far that the 50s+ age group has more time to spend online. Also interesting is how it has almost 300 views and only 77 votes. It also has a voluntary response bias that could be playing into it. Wonder how many people saw the title but didn't view the post. Just trying to extract some usable data from the survey so far. I just like data. Keep up the great work!
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan2016
lvl.1
Belize

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-2-27 19:02
I have almost 30 DJI products, 29 have been flawless. I can assure you that they will not discontinue support for the Phantom 4 anytime soon. They only stopped production. They will help you. Try the online chat.

Thank you for your kind response.  I have become very frustrated trying to get help getting my drone fixed.  I bought through Amazon, and received extra batteries, a charger that will charge 3 batteries and the controller all at one time and extra blades.  I guess I shouldn't have mentioned a price.  It was just the fact that I spent so much money for only two flights, and now I'm dead in the water after updating the drone firmware.  I apologize for sounding so frustrated.
2017-2-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey man just because your Christmas is ruined don't ruin everybody else's. Open a thread in the service section I'm sure you will get sorted soon. Good luck..
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ryan2016 Posted at 2017-2-28 07:35
Thank you for your kind response.  I have become very frustrated trying to get help getting my drone fixed.  I bought through Amazon, and received extra batteries, a charger that will charge 3 batteries and the controller all at one time and extra blades.  I guess I shouldn't have mentioned a price.  It was just the fact that I spent so much money for only two flights, and now I'm dead in the water after updating the drone firmware.  I apologize for sounding so frustrated.

I see that you tried to PM me and unfortunately the chat had an error. Could you please resend it? As others mentioned, you could create your own post in the Service section or your own technical support thread in the Phantom section as well.
2017-2-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Old dudes rule!!
2017-2-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-28 06:15
I would be curious how this reflects with sales. I wonder how the survey on here reflects more towards users that are online more frequently, compared to users infrequently, compared to sales demographics. I wonder if DJI collects this data through post sales surveys/DJI Go account/etc.

I would gather by this survey so far that the 50s+ age group has more time to spend online. Also interesting is how it has almost 300 views and only 77 votes. It also has a voluntary response bias that could be playing into it. Wonder how many people saw the title but didn't view the post. Just trying to extract some usable data from the survey so far. I just like data. Keep up the great work!

It's likely the 50+ crowd have a bit more disposable income as well as the time to spend online.  There are SOME rewards to getting older.
2017-2-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Kirk2579 Posted at 2017-2-27 08:19
I think this will hold true,

partly like some say , the economics of it

Best. Reply. Ever.
2017-2-28
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-2-28 10:22
It's likely the 50+ crowd have a bit more disposable income as well as the time to spend online.  There are SOME rewards to getting older.

Yessir! I was thinking that when I was typing and somehow forgot to mention that!
2017-2-28
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2017-2-27 09:08
I'm 30. Been flying for 5 years.

You are definitely not in the group I was referring too..

its nice to see curious and questioning young folk,
wish we had more ... like you
2017-2-28
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

iMeMoz Posted at 2017-2-27 12:04
I am 16 . Youngest here? 2 years of playing drones, started with minidrone hubsan x4 (50€), then bought walkera qr x350(500€) and now finally phantom 3 advanced.

keep at it, dig in and have fun!
2017-2-28
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-2-28 06:15

keep in mind you may vote once but view twice!
2017-2-28
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules