Phantom 4 gimbal goes limp in mid flight.
7107 47 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
awanmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 590299 ft
Malaysia

Did someone got to solve this gimbal reset during midflight? I noticed it happened to me when recording 4k/30fps, but no issue when recording 4k/24fps.
2018-4-11
Use props
djiuser_6FchXtE2GT2H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32064 ft
United States

Well it happend to me today recording in 2k /30. I've only had this drone for 2-weeks now, and so far it's been touch and go.
2018-4-11
Use props
dadams69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1509150 ft

United States

I just experienced the Old Limp Gimbal issue last night! It was on the hairy edge of the wind limit so until reading this I thought the wind had just triggered an overload shutdown on the gimbal or something along those lines. Same as everyone else, I returned home (terrified that the drone was flying sideways or lost a prop) landed, powered it down.  Powered on and all ok! Was prompted to calibrate the compass & Gimbal!

It was scary! I seriously though I had lost a prop and she was going down!

I'm guessing there has been no advances in a solution or know cause for this issue at this time!!!
2018-5-10
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

I've had it happen 3 times.   Once with DJIGO 4 twice with Litchi.     Twice with 2.7K Once with 4K.    After resetting  the AC, the Gimbal returned to normal.  
2018-5-14
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

Thankfully I haven't had this problem - yet.  But reading this thread makes me wonder.  If DJI comes up with a FW that works without any problems, why do they turn around and bring out another one? One with problems?  It's that old adage... If it ain't broke then why fix it?
2018-5-15
Use props
Raver1488
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14567 ft
United States

Same thing has now happened 2 time and I'm hoping its nothing bad!!
2018-7-7
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft

same here, one out of 20 flights..calibrated a bunch of stuff and times and still seems about same..also would go crazy on startup once in awhile and samething back to normal after restart.
2018-7-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dang it.  I got the Limp Gimbal thing today... Shooting 4k 24p.  No wind, 75 degree temp.  Battery ¾ full.  Flying in my back yard where I have flown literally dozens of times.  The P4p was hovering about 50' up.  I took a still picture, then got all kinds of Magnetic Interference warnings, then my screen went blank and my iPhone 7 Plus lost contact with the drone.  I re-adjusted the antenna, no good.  I quit and restarted DJIGO4, no good.  So I brought her down and that was when I saw the gimbal was limp and turned to the side.  I landed and rebooted everything and now it was fine.
2018-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules