Buy Extra Battery Questiohn
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

I found on Amazon a P3P battery made by Powerextra that sells for much less than the DJI batteries.  Does anyone have experience with these non-DJI batteries?
2017-2-27
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

You won't even be able to start the motors
And if your drone crashes or sth similiar DJI won't take responsibility
2017-2-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I bought one of those for my P2V(+).  It has good reviews.  I've flown with it 15-20 times.  It seemed okay.  But the last time on Feb 4th it auto landed on me during RTH after just under 15 mins of flight.  The AC landed softly in a field.  I don't know what the percentage was for sure, but the voltage showed 10.6 volts which equates to just over 3.5 volts per cell.  I am not using it again until I can test it and I'm waiting for the wind to cooperate.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Because of the nature of the smart battery and firmware issues I would never buy anything other than a DJI battery.

I've heard Horror stories that maybe if not at first on your first update the batteries will not be able to update in one no longer
2017-2-27
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

if your P3 is out of warranty, and you are not worried about your drone dropping out of the sky, then give them a go.  I would personally advise against knock off batteries, but if you do buy them, then at least flight test them with props off, and when you start using them, put your warning at 50 percent, until you feel confident in the battery.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

For your flight safety, it's not recommended to use non-DJI batteries.
And DJI Go app will recognize the battery automatically.
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules