Videos not saving in app
22583 15 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscecf8d21
New

Switzerland

Hi
I got my drone a few weeks ago and noticed this pretty much right away but still didn't figure out how to solve it.
Basically sometimes the app does not save the videos/photos I take in app.
Simple as that. I like to quickly edit videos with the given editor and save them on to my phone.

- Pam

2017-2-27
Use props
CMP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

I am having same problem, and can't seem to figure it out - it is extremely frustrating.
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you check if the videos and images would be saved in SD card?
And did you enable cache during video shooting from DJI GO app?
2017-2-27
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You have to enable photo sync for photos to be saved (I think the setting is called HD Photo Sync), and only jpgs are synced to your phone's photo album.
2017-2-28
Use props
fanscecf8d21
New

Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 22:48
Did you check if the videos and images would be saved in SD card?
And did you enable cache during video shooting from DJI GO app?

images are saved on the SD card and as for the cache seting, I only see the option to clear video/photo/firmware cache. I don't see an enable button or anything? If I clear my cache does this delete the videos that are already saved in the app (not SD obviously)?
2017-2-28
Use props
fanscecf8d21
New

Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 07:28
You have to enable photo sync for photos to be saved (I think the setting is called HD Photo Sync), and only jpgs are synced to your phone's photo album.

I already found this option, but I don't want it to save everything to my camera roll... I want it to save everything in app and only the things I select or edits I d,  I then can choose to save separately in to my camera roll
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

fanscecf8d21 Posted at 2017-2-28 09:30
I already found this option, but I don't want it to save everything to my camera roll... I want it to save everything in app and only the things I select or edits I d,  I then can choose to save separately in to my camera roll

You could suggest this as a feature request via the app's Me/More/Feedback functionality.

I set all my photo apps to save directly to the roll for convenience but I can see how you might want it differently if you curate your roll.
2017-2-28
Use props
srwilson58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93796 ft
United States

I had this issue and found that my phone was out of space so nothing was being saved in the app. I cleared out ~ 20 GB and now no problem.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

fanscecf8d21 Posted at 2017-2-28 09:27
images are saved on the SD card and as for the cache seting, I only see the option to clear video/photo/firmware cache. I don't see an enable button or anything? If I clear my cache does this delete the videos that are already saved in the app (not SD obviously)?

Yes, clearing your cache removes any cached video. On iOS you change the cache size by tapping on the button to the right of Maximum Video Cache Capacity, see screengrab:
IMG_8237.png
2017-2-28
Use props
fanscecf8d21
New

Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 10:06
Yes, clearing your cache removes any cached video. On iOS you change the cache size by tapping on the button to the right of Maximum Video Cache Capacity, see screengrab:

I can't seem to open the screencap you attached...
in the app I can only delete the cache
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

fanscecf8d21 Posted at 2017-2-28 10:41
I can't seem to open the screencap you attached...
in the app I can only delete the cache

Yeah, Amazon's web services are having problems now on the US east coast where I am. guessing the forum uses AWS for file storage and so is hosed for the moment. Let's see if this one works:
IMG_8237.png
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Bah. Try this Dropbox link.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanscecf8d21 Posted at 2017-2-28 09:30

Here is the screenshot for your reference. Cache during video shooting.jpeg
2017-3-1
Use props
fanscecf8d21
New

Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 00:33
Here is the screenshot for your reference.[view_image]

thank you!  the option clear cache automatically was turned off on my mavic so I turned that on, and set it to 4GB (might change back to 2GB depending on how it goes) but this is perfect for when I want to quickly edit shots I just recorded.

Thanks to the both of you
2017-3-1
Use props
djiuser_tRu8TA3eAOEK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86486 ft

United States

As of today and probably since the before the first comment possibly, the footage captured while in the app without storage on your phone or an sd inserted into the drone will not save no matter what. Of course unless you screen record then it somehow saves to the phone. But the vilest solution I found was to just purchase an sd card for less then $20. Good luck N hope this helped!
image.jpg
2023-2-28
Use props
djiuser_NxOomphIHfWU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35640 ft
United States

I just got a DJI Air 3.  I used mastershots to create a video.   Then with phone unplugged from controller, I opened the DJI Fly app and used the Create option to add music and edit the video.  Then pressed done, the app took a while to process.  At the top it said saved to my mobile device, but the video did not save anywhere.  There was s file but it was 236KB, just a quick beep when I clicked on it.
- SOLUTION:  (Your phone needs to be connected to the controller, and the controller turned on when you use the Fly app to 'create')     I connected my phone to my DJI RC-NC2 controller, turned on the controller, opened DJI Fly App, pressed create and did the same thing as early.  BUT, this time, I also selected to save to my google drive (just in case it didn't save to phone).   But, voila, it was in my phone's files.
4-23 14:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules