1149 5 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

hello guys :-)

unfortunatelly i can't try cause my mavic will be in my hands in 2 weeks :-)
BUT

may i set a new RTH altitude while using the aircraft?

cause i was thinking.. let's say i set it to 40 mt bu then once i'm up in the air i realize i need 50 meters.. than i'd love still to change " on the fly " instead of land it..

if anyone could give me a feedback... thanks a lot :-)

2017-2-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You rather give it the highest RTH before lift off. Genral rules, know yoiur environment before you fly to avoid crashes. I always set mine to 80 meters that should be a sfae height form anywhere you take off.

Ci Mostrano I Tuoi Video!
2017-2-27
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-27 18:23
You rather give it the highest RTH before lift off. Genral rules, know yoiur environment before you fly to avoid crashes. I always set mine to 80 meters that should be a sfae height form anywhere you take off.

Ci Mostrano I Tuoi Video!

Totally agreed, last thing you want is a firmware bug and it did not save the RTH altitude... boom! DJI Care Refresh.
2017-2-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cluc Posted at 2017-2-27 18:39
Totally agreed, last thing you want is a firmware bug and it did not save the RTH altitude... boom! DJI Care Refresh.

Yup... You are right. Always SAFETY FIRST, FUN SECOND and we will have a really , really short forum where we can only have fun watching awesome videos and pics.
2017-2-27
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Yes, you can can change the RTH height on-the-fly. I often adjust mine after takeoff if I'm flying somewhere new. I'll start with a fairly conservative estimate before takeoff (something quite high that I'm sure will clear everything), but  then I'll fly the Mavic up and pan around to visually confirm what appears to be highest objects around. I'll then add 20m to that. My reason for doing this is so that the Mavic can RTH at the lowest possible safe altitude, thereby 1) limiting the power needed to complete the RTH, 2) hopefully keeping it in lower winds and 3) lowering the risk of it accidentally getting close to any potential low-flying aircraft.
2017-2-27
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

thanks for the feedback :-) well i  hope there is not that sort of bug :-P
and i like the idea as Jason Lane wrote..
i mean if i start a flight and i believe 50 meters is fine i will actually understand it only once the drone is in the air!! I don't think is good to put a too high altitude cause anyway the drone will lose time to ascend and then come back!
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules