Take a picture while recording a video
985 4 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaviMu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136726 ft
Turkey

I am new to dji eco system, is there a way to take a picture while recording a video. I am sure it exist somewhwere in the menus but could not find.
If my 5 year old Galaxy S3 has this possibility I am sure Mavic has it too.
2017-2-27
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

It's not possible to take a photo whilst recording video. Really easy to grab a still when it comes to editing.
2017-2-28
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Turkey

Airobotix Posted at 2017-2-28 00:26
It's not possible to take a photo whilst recording video. Really easy to grab a still when it comes to editing.

I know the alternate routes but it is easier not having to "grab while editing"... why should we?? while there is such technology since ages... what is the technology for??? to make life simpler...
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

MaviMu Posted at 2017-2-28 00:41
I know the alternate routes but it is easier not having to "grab while editing"... why should we?? while there is such technology since ages... what is the technology for??? to make life simpler...

I think Airobotix was simply pointing out a workaround for you to try. I've asked for this feature as well, maybe if enough folks ask for it we'll see it added in a future update.
2017-2-28
Use props
MaviMu
lvl.1
Turkey

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 09:21
I think Airobotix was simply pointing out a workaround for you to try. I've asked for this feature as well, maybe if enough folks ask for it we'll see it added in a future update.

I certainly hope they add... Because not everybody has time or interest or patience just to produce a simple photo...
I guess it is a matter of couple of lines of code to add. I mean samsung has done it 5 years ago (may be even earlier) and ever since every phone has it.

Talking about this feature I noticed another excellent feature that I got so used to on samsung phones; ability to pause and resume recording a video. This way you do not end up with a lot of videos also not have to chop your video on a pc or a laptop or whatever.

Please dji hear our voice and please consider these additions.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules