Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo Geotagging
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
helidan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459951 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For a little while now I was wondering just how Instagram was predicting more or less exactly where my photos were taken.

Today I quickly checked the full properties of a recent pic and down the list was GPS cordinates along with an altitude figure!!

Can geotagging be disabled on the P3A?
2017-2-28
Use props
SimonH78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't think it can its a built in feature , the EXIF data tells a lot more than just position and height - so why do you ask, ?
2017-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was that a RAW image by any chance ? I've not seen geo tagging on the JPEG image. Property details can be removed on a PC, right click image and look at properties, then click on 'detail' tab. Down at the bottom of the properties window you will see a link to 'Remove properties and personal information', click on that and all should be self explanatory after that.
2017-2-28
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Originally it was a RAW image but eventually became a JPEG.
2017-2-28
Use props
helidan
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-2-28 05:17
Don't think it can its a built in feature , the EXIF data tells a lot more than just position and height - so why do you ask, ?

Does it matter why I might want geotagging to be disabled?
2017-2-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-28 06:04
Was that a RAW image by any chance ? I've not seen geo tagging on the JPEG image. Property details can be removed on a PC, right click image and look at properties, then click on 'detail' tab. Down at the bottom of the properties window you will see a link to 'Remove properties and personal information', click on that and all should be self explanatory after that.

jpg files have the exif info the same as the raw files do.
2017-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-2-28 15:49
jpg files have the exif info the same as the raw files do.

Thanks for the info', turns out the image I had looked at as my 'example' was a DNG processed  and saved as jpeg, I must have already removed its bits.
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules