1217 2 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneAirSupport
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137992 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

We just received a new (or refurbished) Zenmuse x5 after our last one had problem with the upper gimball motor.

We did 1 flight with the new system and all was working perfectly...

Today i was preparing for another flight in a few days and after starting up the inspire 1 the zenmuse motor starts to make a weird scratching sound.. A sound that is familiar and can be found in numerous posts.. could be related to improper balance(?)

I did the software update to 1.10.1.40 and after that it seemed to stop making the screeching sound.

A new problem arose, the gimball is now pointed to the right (see my pictures) and stays this way after countless calibrations, imu calibration etc.

The gimball "thinks" it is actually pointing forward..

Is this problem familiar to anyone? Is this another Zenmuse x5 with problems.. just like our last one? This is starting to affect our business in a negative way..

Hope someone can help me out.

- M

IMG_3851.JPG
IMG_3853.JPG

IMU

IMU
2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

On the main page of the go app did you happen to try pressing the "Reset " this is where you can change it  from follow mode to free mode and reset  the camera as well .   I don't think that will fix it but it is worth a shot .  I have seen this before on systems that were loaded with the the wrong Firmware, ( not saying you did that , just what can cause it )  I would downgrade to the 1.9 FW and then load the latest FW again .

If that does niot fix it , I would send it back in for sure.  You may have gotten another bad one.
donnie
2017-2-28
Use props
DroneAirSupport
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137992 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ended up handing it in.. received a new one though.
2017-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules