Is Phatom 3Pro generally this crappy or it is my drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dharmmy
lvl.1

Nigeria

So since I got my drone(P3P), I av not really been recording any video.  All I have been doin is flying and practising how to master flying the  drone. So of recent, I jst strtd taking video with it but I have been  really disappointed with the image quality. I av shot on 4K, and Full HD  bt I still dont like the image at all. It is worse when I shoot trees.  Evrytyin looks like it is pixelated or something and at thesame time too  sharp. I dont even understand. Like the drone was built with too much  inbuilt compression. I tried checking for suggestions online. A tutorial  mentioned reducing the sharpness to -2, contrast to -3, color to -2. I  did that and everything looked almost blury. I was trying to bring down  the "too sharp" look but it came out worse. I shot in Dlog, tried to do  the color correction and grading, everything fell apart  quickly. Please  what am I doing wrong. Any suggestions on ideal settings, I will really  appreciate it. I dont like the image quality AT ALL

Here are attached raw video and photo files straight from the memory card. No editing, no compression
1. 4K Video (Shot with default camera setting)
2. Full HD Video (Shot in D log, Sharpness -2, Contrast - 3 Color -2)
3. Image 1
4. Image 2
5. Image 3
6. Image 4

2017-2-28
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Why the double post?
2017-2-28
Use props
Blaize Films
lvl.1

Nigeria

Trying to delete one. I cant seem to find where to delete it
2017-2-28
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

Blaize Films Posted at 2017-2-28 09:45

I can't see anything unusual on your images(maybe because I'm looking at them on my phone) but the video is not looking good(the 1080p one)
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The still images look fine to me, although the smog is giving them an awful coloured cast. But I did not download the video clip as it is too long. For the benefit of people looking at your material, keep it short, you don't need long clips to analyse the quality and viewers don't need to use up their download allowance.
2017-2-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a read through my post number 17 on This thread. I downloaded your video and I think you might benefit from working on the yaw settings and the settings for video using the ND filters. At least it might demonstrate what you might expect.
2017-2-28
Use props
Chris Valcik
lvl.1

United States

Watching the videos being streamed from Dropbox always pixelate some. I have noticed that if I upload my videos to Sky pixel and share them or watch them from there the quality is much better than Dropbox.
2017-2-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chris Valcik Posted at 2017-2-28 16:36
Watching the videos being streamed from Dropbox always pixelate some. I have noticed that if I upload my videos to Sky pixel and share them or watch them from there the quality is much better than Dropbox.

If you are wanting to judge the quality of images, you never view them or play them back on Dropbox, they are awful. The idea is to download them and view them as original files on your computer. But at the same time, if you use Dropbox, make sure the files are not large, as a courtesy to those who do download them.

2017-2-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Blaize Films Posted at 2017-2-28 09:45

To delete a double trouble post; Hit Edit, them Advanced, Ok, now bottom left rap on Additional Options, where you see Del this post, then OK.

It's just that simple. ;-) Fun, ok, get 'er done. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules