Wish list for Phantom 3?
3468 14 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deepeshdotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36949 ft
Australia

What would you like to see in Phantom 3 / vision?

2014-9-17
Use props
gianrussini
New
Flight distance : 177257 ft
United States

collision avoidance (particularly when flying via GPS), zoom, increased range and battery life
2014-9-17
Use props
Parbar
New

United States

gianrussini Posted at 2014-9-18 09:41
collision avoidance (particularly when flying via GPS), zoom, increased range and battery life

Be able to set the come home altitude to greater than 20 meters. 50 at least.
2014-9-17
Use props
Parbar
New

United States

Higher resolution camera
Stronger gimbal.
Channel 7 to control camera pitch.
Software adjustment to control camera pitch smoothly.
2014-9-17
Use props
liuhui
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51224 ft
China

camera with better performance in low light
2014-9-17
Use props
l8chuang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

+ All-in-one remote control with built-in HD video downliink receiver and head tracking (for goggles)
+ Retractable landing gear
+ Foldable props
+ Follow-me function
+ Object around flight function
+ Radar for collision avoidance
+ Drop safe
+ DJI Phantom backpack
2014-9-17
Use props
andersonpaac
lvl.1

United States

Definitely better battery perfomance!
2014-9-17
Use props
siliconester
New

Croatia

Small rechargeable battery within the Phantom itself, only for emergency situations. If a main battery is faulty and cuts off the power, the Phantom battery takes charge for 60 second descent.
Also, one small log file which captures controller movements of the pilot, so when the crash happens we can analyse how much did the piloting had to do with it. (This feature could probably be implemented in the next firmware, or vision app update)
2014-9-18
Use props
Jacobclackey
lvl.1

United States

Here's my wish list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YE8qpmlG0BI
2014-9-18
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I would like to have the ability to swap between my stock camera and gimbal to another configuration with a quick release like this: http://youtu.be/1y_aB4gylS8 It would be great to be able to fly with different camera / gimbal configurations that could quickly be switched.
2014-9-19
Use props
Brianannemartin
lvl.1

Ireland

picture capture directly to ground station
2014-9-26
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

I would like to see everything in the Phantom 2 vision, plus collision avoidance, follow me, and a better find me system. A real-time GPS signal output to an iPhone or iPad.
2014-9-26
Use props
TimmyG94
lvl.1

United States

Absolute must-have for Phantom 3 is separate "mini-battery" that can ping GPS coordinates up to 48 hours of a down Phantom back to your phone or tablet, or maybe even offer a SIM-card option that sends it via SMS to the cell towers.  I think it's ridiculous that DJI expects customers to fly their birds and not care if we lose them due to flyaway or some other mishap.  We spend our hard-earned money on these amazing quadcopters and we want as much help as we can get in locating a downed bird !!

When are the aloof, uncaring people at DJI going to finally realize how important it is to have GPS location of our lost Phantoms ??  I bought the Parrot AR.drone 2.0 last year and it went into uncontrolled flyaway on my 3rd flight and I never found it.  When I contact Parrot customer service, they told me -- "tough luck, buddy, just buy another one".  Amazing the arrogance of these people!  Please, DJI don't have this attitude towards your customers !!

2014-9-26
Use props
cacooley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

1. Controller with 7" display like the one being released by flyingeyes. www.flyingeyes.com
2. Capable of adding different cameras, especially one with a zoom that is controllable like on a Sony RX100
3. A DJI Case that could accommodate prop guards without removing
4. Camera with good low light performance and 1080P 60FPS5. Make it so it is easy to add upgrades as they come available
2014-9-27
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

An "off" tone after the Phantom has been switched off. There's an "on" tone but not an off tone, which is vital, because it's not always easy to see when the battery LEDs have gone off in the bright light of the sun. Last thing you want is to prematurely switch off your Tx thinking your Phantom is off but isn't.

And small LED lights on top of the Phantom to mimic the bigger ones ones below would be great too. It's hard to see the various LED sequences whilst the Phantom is down on the ground, especially in bright sunlight.
2014-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules