Dji Dead on arrival return
1731 16 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keniffsims87
New

United Kingdom

has anybody here had a DOA mavic drone and had to return it? im having an absolute nightmare, after several emails sending them proof of purchase etc (even though i bought direct) i got a ups shipping label, posted it back and recieved an email saying they have recieved it and replacement will be sent out in 5 working days. today marks the 7th day still no email or shipping tracking number of a new drone, and when i contact support they cant tell me whats going on or when my drone will be back! better still the last person who emailed me wants all the proof of purchase etc etc? i thought this was a big company, so far very poor customer satisfaction, all my email replies seem very scripted, im starting to head down the refund route being via dji or my credit card sad thing is its an amzin product.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Maybe I can expedite this for you. What is your case number?
2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It is a great product so waiting few days will be worth it believe me!
2017-2-28
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-2-28 18:03
It is a great product so waiting few days will be worth it believe me!

unless yours is plagued with blurry camera and focus issues. Like mine.
2017-2-28
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-2-28 18:39
unless yours is plagued with blurry camera and focus issues. Like mine.

Sorry man... No issues with mine. I have been flying for the past 3 months with nor problems.
Did you buy the CARE so you can exchange it or if just bought it you can replace it.

Can you post some pictures and videos?
2017-2-28
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-2-28 18:46
Sorry man... No issues with mine. I have been flying for the past 3 months with nor problems.
Did you buy the CARE so you can exchange it or if just bought it you can replace it.

All my sample pictures and videos are in other threads related to the focus and blurry water effect issues.
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have brought this to the attention of our designated team. They will provide you with an update as soon as possible.
2017-2-28
Use props
keniffsims87
New

United Kingdom

i have received an email this morning stating that it is being shipped but the tracking number doesn't work, I'm hoping thats just ups not updating their end, so thank you if you did look into this for me! ill keep you all updated, I'm looking forward to receiving it!
2017-3-1
Use props
keniffsims87
New

United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-28 15:42
Maybe I can expedite this for you. What is your case number?

thanks for replying they have shipped today! so hopefully all sorted
2017-3-1
Use props
keniffsims87
New

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-28 19:49
I have brought this to the attention of our designated team. They will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

i have received an email this morning stating that it is being shipped but the tracking number doesn't work, I'm hoping thats just ups not updating their end, so thank you if you did look into this for me! ill keep you all updated, I'm looking forward to receiving it!
2017-3-1
Use props
fans4bb798f1
New

Australia

I had a encoder error (8x800000) on arrival issue....the problem is non existant support and not even a
ph number to call down here in Aus
, I did read a couple other guys
had the same and they received RMA and replacement but they were in USA so who knows how long
it will take for me to be sorted.
Very disappointed with the service

2017-3-1
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

fans4bb798f1 Posted at 2017-3-1 07:51
I had a encoder error (8x800000) on arrival issue....the problem is non existant support and not even a
ph number to call down here in Aus
, I did read a couple other guys

try contact  support@dji.com
it may take 1-2 weeks before they reply and maybe another month or so for they to sort things out.
give it a shot  
2017-3-1
Use props
fans4bb798f1
New

Australia

thanks for info, its strange as I woke up to an e-mail but it did say it may take some extended time until they get back to me....I think I will send out an e-mail to where u said alsoo
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

keniffsims87 Posted at 2017-3-1 03:51

I've checked the shipping status and it's in shipping.
It might takes some time to update the shipping status.
Please double check it. :-)
2017-3-1
Use props
djiuser_2TSRegVWs0jJ
New

United States

Where to start! No end of bad customer care from DJI. Three replacements of a Mini 2 due to defects and now we just received an out of the box DOA Mavic 3. We contacted technical support to see if we could work out if the issue is related to software or hardware. Last thing you want to do is return a product to DJI. It’s a total hassle.   
The DJI tech rep we got on the phone was, #1 hard to understand, #2 didn’t seem to be trained in technical support, #3 seemed like he wanted to be done for the day. His advice wavered between you’ll need to wait to use the aircraft until our engineers come up with a software update that allows my iPhone 14 pro to connect to DJI Fly (not the issue), or you’ll need to refresh the firmware (which I already did), to maybe you’ll need to return it. Then I asked for a case number, a number of times, he resisted until I demanded. He really did not want to comply. It seemed like he wanted to clock out. He said I’d need to provide my information, which I did. I asked him to repeat back the spelling of my last name. He came back with a random string of ICOA phonetic alphabet letters (mostly consonants). I asked to speak to a manager. He immediately hung up on me.   
Will we need to send the Mavic 3 back? Probably. Will we see it again within the estimated timeframe? Absolutely not. This based on our luck with the Mini 2 back and forth. That took literally 3 month to ship back and forth. 1st unit dead, then replacement died, then next unit was DOA, then finally a unit that works—so far.   I would rate DJI’s products as top rate when you can get them in the air, otherwise based on my experience the company is poorly run, the products are finicky, and customer care just doesn’t G.A.S.

2022-11-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the drone was DOA how did you  "or you’ll need to refresh the firmware (which I already did),"  ? from memory of updating firmware the drone needs to be switched on i.e. 'alive'.

That leads me to wonder if you accurately described the problem to the DJI person etc.?
2022-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_2TSRegVWs0jJ Posted at 11-30 16:48
Where to start! No end of bad customer care from DJI. Three replacements of a Mini 2 due to defects and now we just received an out of the box DOA Mavic 3. We contacted technical support to see if we could work out if the issue is related to software or hardware. Last thing you want to do is return a product to DJI. It’s a total hassle.   
The DJI tech rep we got on the phone was, #1 hard to understand, #2 didn’t seem to be trained in technical support, #3 seemed like he wanted to be done for the day. His advice wavered between you’ll need to wait to use the aircraft until our engineers come up with a software update that allows my iPhone 14 pro to connect to DJI Fly (not the issue), or you’ll need to refresh the firmware (which I already did), to maybe you’ll need to return it. Then I asked for a case number, a number of times, he resisted until I demanded. He really did not want to comply. It seemed like he wanted to clock out. He said I’d need to provide my information, which I did. I asked him to repeat back the spelling of my last name. He came back with a random string of ICOA phonetic alphabet letters (mostly consonants). I asked to speak to a manager. He immediately hung up on me.   
Will we need to send the Mavic 3 back? Probably. Will we see it again within the estimated timeframe? Absolutely not. This based on our luck with the Mini 2 back and forth. That took literally 3 month to ship back and forth. 1st unit dead, then replacement died, then next unit was DOA, then finally a unit that works—so far.   I would rate DJI’s products as top rate when you can get them in the air, otherwise based on my experience the company is poorly run, the products are finicky, and customer care just doesn’t G.A.S.

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team and confirm this issue with them. May I ask if Mavic 3 issue has been solved? If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules